Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Age search haywire and other things      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 YourFush
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Age search haywire and other thingsPage 1 of 1    
I keep getting the wrong age search results.
For example, if I search for 35 to 45, page one is okay, but if i click page two, it will only show 35 year olds. And after a few minutes, it will show random ages.
This kind of thing happens all the time now.

And also, whilst I'm here, sometimes I write a message, but due to certain criteria, different from what they state at the bottom of their profile, like if you're not a 'full member' of something, it won't be delivered. So after spending some quality time writing something, my mermaid to be doesn't receive me.

Alllllllllso...this 'meet me' thing, lost count the amount of times a woman's profile says don't meet me I haven't got it. It doesn't seem like anyone has, yet I get tons of meet me's. Come on POF, it's you isn't it, trying to make me think someone is interested THAT much and so I need to give you some money.
Either get rid of it, or give us an option to stop people asking to meet us...
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 2
Age search haywire and other things
Posted: 9/18/2017 12:16:12 AM

This kind of thing happens all the time

Yes, this kind of thing has always happened since POF was created. You just have to roll with it.

Either get rid of it, or give us an option to stop people asking to meet us...

They won't get rid of it, it's a revenue generator for POF. Every time someone clicks "yes" or "maybe" it fires off an email which users often click and are shown ad impressions. Why would they remove it? Why would they allow you to pot out??

The simple way to "opt out" is to make an email rule which sends all notifications to trash. Or I think you can turn off email notifications of meet me's. Same thing, really.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Age search haywire and other things