Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Now Scotland Is Set To Ban Smacking      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DDSearle
Msg: 1
Now Scotland Is Set To Ban SmackingPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
John Bradford Finnie, a Green Party Member of the Scottish Parliament is introducing a Bill to render the smacking of children illegal. And Nicola Sturgeon, the First Minister, together with ministerial colleagues and the Scottish Labour Party are saying that they will back it. Therefore, according Scots children a similar protection from assault as that that applies to adults, looks likely soon to be the law

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/parenting/news/a42208/france-banned-spanking/
 DDSearle
Msg: 2
Now Scotland Is Set To Ban Smacking
Posted: 10/19/2017 8:37:02 AM
Isn't this an exemplar for all countries; and oughtn't children or other vulnerable persons be so-protected everywhere? And to save them from mental assault should follow. Smacking or spanking would better be confined to the sexual stimulation of consenting adults. Maybe a ban on chastising our animal companions will follow. Well done Scotland
 cobster11030
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/19/2017 8:53:58 AM
I enjoy your threads/posts!!

They are refreshing!!
 funchesf
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/19/2017 9:47:27 AM

John Bradford Finnie, a Green Party Member of the Scottish Parliament is introducing a Bill to render the smacking of children illegal.

don't have to worry about that in America ...if a teacher tries to assault ...oops..er..I meant spank a child the child has a right to protect their self and spank back,..the most the child can be charged with is "resisting spanking" ,,, if during a spanking causes the child to become "in fear of their life" they have the right to use deadly force against the teacher

technology has already solved the problem with online video tele-communication classes ...unfortunately and understandably it will soon replace the need for human teachers
 DDSearle
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/19/2017 10:57:22 AM
I'm in favour of learning by being taught by artificial rather than human intelligence. Some teachers are less than intelligent, they know little of their subject, and they may be prone to spanking or beating their juvenile charges. Other professions, in which there's less opportunity to chastise others, such as college lecturers or physicians, could also be robotised: and I'm sure that that would be to our benefit. It doesn't take long to see (by YouTube &c) that most of the lecturers in the foremost universities appear to be better at repeating or narrowly applying what they are supposed to know than in understanding their subject. In other words, they won't fool me
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2017 12:47:46 PM

I'm in favour of learning by being taught by artificial rather than human intelligence.

I just LOOOOOVE the sound of robotic voices. The warmth, and inflection and tonal variation that comes from a robot is so much better than that of a human being. That tone really keeps us interested in whatever they are saying.
Robots are so much more inspiring. They're great role models, too.

I just LOOOOOOOVE it when I call tech support, absolutely FRANTIC. And a robot tells me in a soothing voice that they're so sorry for my 48 minute wait. Really makes EVERYTHING all better. Right?
I love it when that same soothing voice tells me which button in a long series of numbered options to push, I should push next.
I love it when a robot offers to trouble shoot my device and won't let me in to tech support until I reboot everything at least once.

I think they should get robots to monitor 911 lines. Don't you?
 DDSearle
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/19/2017 12:58:29 PM
That reminds me – female humans may come to be supplanted too. And the robots or gynoids that'll soon replace them, will, if conscious, need to be protected too. If our legislators had some wits about them, such laws would be enacted now
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2017 6:29:46 PM

That reminds me – female humans may come to be supplanted too.

You may be onto something there, DD.

And the men-folks have been replaced by B.O.B. in many women's lives.

But when the Bots replace women, it will certainly solve the problems of overpopulation and global warming.
 DDSearle
Msg: 35
Scotland Is Set To Ban Smacking
Posted: 10/20/2017 3:39:41 AM
Now and again, I wonder at whether legislators are using the right words. For example, the meaning or usage of those to do with chastisement can vary probably more in Scotland or England than Canada or America. However, it may be possible to apply Standard English, which is universal, to this. For instance, as I understand it, slapping is the to some-extent-oblique and imprecise application of the palm; smacking, the vertically-applied and accurate buffeting of a body by the similarly open hand; and spanking, like the latter though more vigorous or prolonged. And words can carry clout
 deetristate
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/20/2017 7:33:45 AM
i remember in the news, one father said about corporal punishment.

"either i spank him now or the police beat him later."

that is one perspective.

good thing westerners can avoid man to man combat . .
 funchesf
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/20/2017 8:59:11 AM

Posted By: DDSearle
I'm in favour of learning by being taught by artificial rather than human intelligence

imagine a child being spanked by a robot teacher which couldn't solve the equation other than using violence ....and this is why teachers shouldn't be spanking children ...some children already get abused at home only to then come to school "a supposedly safe haven" to get more abuse instead of getting help
 DDSearle
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/20/2017 9:15:21 AM
Teacherbots would be programmed not to chastise their charges. Unruly pupils would be removed from class or school so as to learn at a distance by viewing the proceedings remotely. The former would be tested for subject-knowledge and teaching techniques by being forbidden to join a trade union. And physicianbots would be similarly assessed for their ability to make diagnoses without relying on expensive tests &c, etc. I can't wait!
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2017 10:57:31 AM

I'm in favour of learning by being taught by artificial rather than human intelligence. Some teachers are less than intelligent, they know little of their subject, and they may be prone to spanking or beating their juvenile charges

"We don't need no education
We don't need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teachers leave them kids alone
Hey! Teachers! Leave them kids alone
All in all it's just another brick in the wall
All in all you're just another brick in the wall"

-Pink Floyd
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Now Scotland Is Set To Ban Smacking