Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Age is wrong! Can't change it!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 10ky
Msg: 1
Age is wrong! Can't change it!Page 1 of 1    
Have you folk noticed how many women make a mistake in their age when they create their profile? Typically it is exactly 10/20 years younger. To solve the problem (when it is obvious that they're older), they typically write something like:

Age is 52 not 42! Can't change it. Sorry.

Do you folk believe this shite? xD
 scareymush
Msg: 2
Age is wrong! Can't change it!
Posted: 10/19/2017 5:52:36 PM
Statistics say the gender most likely to falsify their age is male.

Statistics go further and suggest that the reason why emotionally immature male teens pretend to be older than they are is that they really are that ridiculously puerile and what's required to prevent this sort of thing is a severe scolding by their mammy.

Keep on voting to delete is what I say!
 10ky
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/19/2017 11:43:50 PM
-paulette
Well, I was looking at 42 year olds but there's still a lot of 52 yr olds amongst them apparently, hence this blog. Crazy world we live in, woman.
 PollyR107
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2017 9:50:08 AM
OP, a lot of men do this as well.

You probably don't look at men's profiles and therefore don't see it. We girls do. I find it a real put off.

However, some young guys push their age up to find older women. Haven't seen young girls do that (yet) to find older men.
 10ky
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/20/2017 10:22:29 AM
^^
Hi Polly. Welcome back.
true... I thought of doing that myself too but I haven't this far. No, young women don't really go for old men (unless they're rich) ... and for good reason prolly. :/
Posted: 10/20/2017 12:07:12 PM
Easily resolved: delete their account and create a new one with their correct age and thus show up in the right age searches.
 scareymush
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/20/2017 3:08:39 PM
Is this crap still here?

We need a plumber....the toilet's not flushing!

Why do profiles purportedly belonging to the stronger, more intelligent and more logical sex always read as if a brain dead moron wrote it?
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Age is wrong! Can't change it!