Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Me too      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Me tooPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
is apparently the hashtag being used for people who've been subject to sexual molestation.

Looks like Mr Spacey has been well and truly outed.

A few MPs are fighting back.

Dustin Hoffman apologises (but gets away with because he's 80 now and it's not going to wreck his career)

Brett Ratner - the film producer not the purveyor of crap jewellery, director of the Rush Hour and X-Men, The Last Stand, Revenant etc
 Hotbeaching
Msg: 2
Me too
Posted: 11/1/2017 11:10:35 AM
Me too:
There was a discussion today on radio 2, I just caught a small part but there was a fair few messages from people calling it a witch hunt, one comment saying putting your hand on a woman’s knee is not a sexual assault. I was discussing with my brother and he agreed with me. If someone put their hand on my knee during a convo I would be very uncomfortable and I fail to see whe a man would do this
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 3
Me too
Posted: 11/1/2017 11:40:08 AM
For once I agree with Ms May - sexual assault is a police matter.
It's far too easy to use the internet in these matters (a bit like
some used to come on here slagging off so & so because they had
a grudge - still happens sometimes) - you either have a case
to bring or you don't ...............

duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 4
Me too
Posted: 11/1/2017 12:29:32 PM
Without wishing to get involved in a shouting match,
there's a terrible amount of finger pointing going on,
and no-one (on either side of the Pond) seems to have
been charged with anything as yet (or sued).
I have no doubt that our Glorious Leader (& others)
were well aware of this stuff going on (allegedly) - just as
it ever has - and no, that doesn't make it acceptable, but
a load of internet screech ain't gonna fix it...........

scareymush
Msg: 5
Me too
Posted: 11/1/2017 3:06:04 PM
I think the 'fighting back' refers to Damian Green

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/01/damian-green-investigated-alleged-inappropriate-advance-female/

What Hoffman is accused of is horrible

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/01/dustin-hoffman-becomes-latest-hollywood-player-accused-sexual/

The concept of the me too movement was originated 10 years ago by a woman called Tarana Burke

http://www.elleuk.com/life-and-culture/culture/news/a39429/empowerment-through-empathy-tarana-burke-me-too/

It's up to you to read those links or not or to do some research...all that info makes my head swim.

Hands on knees? I'm always doing that, it's a sign of affection, it's a way to get your attention, to draw you nearer...I won't be doing it anymore. Being tactile comes from growing up in a large family I think...we'd have grown up hugging, kissing, hitting, shoving each other...sitting down together on the sofa meant flinging arms and legs over each...you get used to close physical contact and carry it with you to other relationships with friends and lovers. Also, you know how and when to hold back in company because people react and you behave in a way that makes them feel compfortable.

The me too movement is about "Empowerment through Empathy" according to Tarana Burke.

For me it's about having a voice and being listened to finally....all men and women guilty of sexual harrasment and worse deserve this day of reckoning...fvck them all!!!!
 Squareslice
Msg: 6
Me too
Posted: 11/1/2017 3:33:59 PM
Gies a hug. Sarey!
 scareymush
Msg: 7
Me too
Posted: 11/1/2017 3:43:05 PM
My friend called over last night, we haven't seen each other in a while and he can't get over the size of my breasts, he kept going on about how enormous they are, I feel like a freak today. In fact, I'd be too terrified to hug anyone lest I smother them to death.

You'll have to do without a hug squire Square...
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Me too
Posted: 11/2/2017 5:27:18 AM
Once I've left work I don't do emails and forums, so on a slightly different timeline to everyone else.

There are a few people in the spotlight saying that the allegations are false - hence the fighting back statement I made.

Yes, people should go to the police but there was one account yesterday of a woman who was attacked by an MP in a hotel in Brussels who tried to complain and got nowhere. I can't find it now but she said the police were the only ones who tried to help but couldn't because the crime happened in another country. Other people couldn't help because MPs are self employed therefore not subject to employment tribunals, didn't come under the remit of the Speaker, nor the standards committee and so on. Another MP tried to help but between them got nowhere. She wasn't raped but she was pulled onto the hotel bed by an MP who then climbed on top of her, she pushed him off so that's as far as it went but that's not a brilliant working atmosphere.

The problem with going to the police is that it's a difficult accusation to prove, just as rape is.

I too am wary of the finger pointing and the outing on social media but once someone complains publicly then other people feel free to come forward.

Dustin Hoffman behaved despicably towards a young woman hoping to start a career in showbiz. She was 17 at the time he was famous, powerful and in his 50's. These people have a hold over your career. Or potentially so like the woman who was told to forget it if she wanted a career with the labour party.

We have a history of covering up for the rich and famous, of the police not wanting to get involved. Perhaps this will turn the tide.

As for Fallon. The first person whose name came up isn't too bothered, done and dusted as far as she is concerned. It's the other more recent allegations waiting to surface which will torpedo him.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Me too
Posted: 11/2/2017 6:30:46 AM
Only in Hollywood

"Kevin Spacey has said he is seeking treatment after facing allegations of sexual misconduct from a string of men.
A representative for the actor said he "is taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment".
They did not give any information about what kind of treatment he wants."
 scareymush
Msg: 10
Me too
Posted: 11/2/2017 8:26:10 AM
There's a strange little fellow who's inserted himself into the fuss....a tory mp called Michael Fabricant, interesting surname, even more interesting mop head wig.

His name appears on the 'Tory sex pest list' ( https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNnjbXCWAAAAJw-.jpg ) as someone who behaved inappropriately with a male journalist in a taxi.

Apparently, the list/dossier was created not for the purpose of dealing with the unacceptable behaviour but to use as leverage against the guilty MPs to ensure they tow the party line. Given that its the Tory party, that doesn't surprise me, they seem to thrive on being disingenuous and cunning.

http://evolvepolitics.com/tory-mp-says-drunk-mps-not-accused-rape/
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Me too
Posted: 11/4/2017 3:36:25 AM
Today's news.

Spacey sacked. Film still in production dumped.

"Earlier this week the actor’s publicist said Spacey is “taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment”, but it is understood the publicist has since cut ties with the actor." Interesting that the people who know him well have jumped ship too.

Charlie Elphick just been suspended from the Tories and referred to the police.

Two more ministers being investigated.

The MeToo campaign has given some people the courage to step forward to make a complaint.

At this rate the Torys could become a minority government.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 12
Me too
Posted: 11/4/2017 12:55:16 PM
Still no charges.
I note the SNP are not immune.
Massive amounts of finger pointing
loads of noise - bit like the Westminster pedo stuff
except that this hasn't been buried - yet.

duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 13
Me too
Posted: 11/5/2017 11:09:54 AM
And, totally by coincidence, the Beeb are splashing
The Paradise Papers, which should take take Gropegate
right off the front pages - tax avoidance by the Great & the Good
(including Maj) - yup, that'll do it.
Nothing like revving up the underclasses to bury a load of shite.

Justanotherchap
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Me too
Posted: 11/6/2017 1:49:15 AM
"As with last year's Panama Papers leak, the documents were obtained by the German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung, which called in the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) to oversee the investigation. BBC Panorama and the Guardian are among the nearly 100 media groups investigating the papers."
 scareymush
Msg: 15
Me too
Posted: 11/7/2017 3:11:23 PM
Tommorrow's Daily Mirror headline reads "Beeb bosses probe 25 sex pests"

Meanwhile, a Labour MP from Wales committed suicide after being fired from his position because he'd been accused of sexual misconduct by two women....don't know the full story yet but it seems like his local branch of the labour party may not have dealt with the situation well at all.

And there are still men out there who don't seem to realise that victims who are speaking out about their experience thanks to the encouragement of the 'metoo' hashtag are talking about their behaviour too....maybe they're not being named and shamed but they still need to be contrite and amend their bad behaviour towards women...down with chauvinism.

Again Ronan Farrow produces wonderful journalism

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/harvey-weinsteins-army-of-spies

In the fall of 2016, Harvey Weinstein set out to suppress allegations that he had sexually harassed or assaulted numerous women. He began to hire private security agencies to collect information on the women and the journalists trying to expose the allegations. According to dozens of pages of documents, and seven people directly involved in the effort, the firms that Weinstein hired included Kroll, which is one of the world’s largest corporate-intelligence companies, and Black Cube, an enterprise run largely by former officers of Mossad and other Israeli intelligence agencies. Black Cube, which has branches in Tel Aviv, London, and Paris, offers its clients the skills of operatives “highly experienced and trained in Israel’s elite military and governmental intelligence units,” according to its literature.

Two private investigators from Black Cube, using false identities, met with the actress Rose McGowan, who eventually publicly accused Weinstein of rape, to extract information from her. One of the investigators pretended to be a women’s-rights advocate and secretly recorded at least four meetings with McGowan. The same operative, using a different false identity and implying that she had an allegation against Weinstein, met twice with a journalist to find out which women were talking to the press. In other cases, journalists directed by Weinstein or the private investigators interviewed women and reported back the details.

The explicit goal of the investigations, laid out in one contract with Black Cube, signed in July, was to stop the publication of the abuse allegations against Weinstein that eventually emerged in the New York Times and The New Yorker. Over the course of a year, Weinstein had the agencies “target,” or collect information on, dozens of individuals, and compile psychological profiles that sometimes focussed on their personal or sexual histories. Weinstein monitored the progress of the investigations personally. He also enlisted former employees from his film enterprises to join in the effort, collecting names and placing calls that, according to some sources who received them, felt intimidating.

In some cases, the investigative effort was run through Weinstein’s lawyers, including David Boies, a celebrated attorney who represented Al Gore in the 2000 Presidential-election dispute and argued for marriage equality before the U.S. Supreme Court. Boies personally signed the contract directing Black Cube to attempt to uncover information that would stop the publication of a Times story about Weinstein’s abuses, while his firm was also representing the Times, including in a libel case.

Boies confirmed that his firm contracted with and paid two of the agencies and that investigators from one of them sent him reports, which were then passed on to Weinstein. He said that he did not select the firms or direct the investigators’ work. He also denied that the work regarding the Times story represented a conflict of interest. Boies said that his firm’s involvement with the investigators was a mistake. “We should not have been contracting with and paying investigators that we did not select and direct,” he told me. “At the time, it seemed a reasonable accommodation for a client, but it was not thought through, and that was my mistake. It was a mistake at the time.”

Techniques like the ones used by the agencies on Weinstein’s behalf are almost always kept secret, and, because such relationships are often run through law firms, the investigations are theoretically protected by attorney-client privilege, which could prevent them from being disclosed in court. The documents and sources reveal the tools and tactics available to powerful individuals to suppress negative stories and, in some cases, forestall criminal investigations.[......]
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Me too
Posted: 12/28/2017 8:25:05 AM
I for one do not approve of trial by media.

i prefer the innocent until proven guilty approach to crime
 rekirked
Msg: 17
Me too
Posted: 8/20/2018 3:43:56 AM
Hypocrite, peado and glass house dweller. This story will die overnight, if it had been male on female Twitter would explode, again.

https://news.sky.com/story/weinstein-accuser-asia-argento-pays-380k-to-settle-assault-case-11477343
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Me too
Posted: 8/21/2018 12:38:00 AM
Doesn't look like it is about to die though - the Guardian

" Asia Argento has been accused of assaulting fellow actor Jimmy Bennett when he was 17. Photograph: Loic Venance/AFP/Getty Images
Police are looking into sexual assault allegations by a young actor against Italian actor Asia Argento — one of the most prominent activists of the #MeToo movement.

Captain Darren Harris from the Los Angeles County sheriff’s department said investigators will seek to talk to Jimmy Bennett or his representatives about the alleged incident at a Southern California hotel in 2013, when Bennett was 17.

The move comes in response to a New York Times story alleging Argento settled a legal notice of intent to sue filed by Bennett for $380,000 shortly after she said in October last year that Harvey Weinstein raped her.

Argento and Bennett co-starred in a 2004 film called The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things in which Argento played Bennett’s prostitute mother.

Bennett said in the notice that he had sex with Argento in the Ritz-Carlton hotel in Marina del Rey, California, in 2013. The age of consent in California is 18. The notice claimed the encounter traumatised Bennett and hurt his career, the Times reported."

Sheesh - young wannabee gets laid by older female actress - picks up $380,000 for being traumatised?
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 19
Me too
Posted: 8/21/2018 1:08:30 AM
It’s actually statutory rape under California law given that he was under 18. And they weren’t married.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Me too
Posted: 8/21/2018 2:58:05 AM
I mind reading an article a while back where new yorks prominent feminists turned a blind eye to bill clintons sexual harassment of impressionable young lassies.

They still do a nelson where clinton is concerned............

"Bill Clinton Says He Doesn’t Owe Lewinsky a Private Apology in Light of #MeToo

In the run-up to this year’s midterm elections, Mr. Clinton has been virtually invisible on the campaign trail because of new scrutiny of his past treatment of women, including Ms. Lewinsky.

For years, he had deflected allegations of sexual harassment and assault from several women, but several of his accusers have felt empowered recently as the #MeToo movement gained momentum.

Juanita Broaddrick, Kathleen Willey and Paula Jones, three of the women who have accused Mr. Clinton of sexual harassment, said in November that they felt newly vindicated."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/04/us/clinton-lewinsky.html

And nice one monica. She showed up the me too movement and showed that some are allowed to sexually abuse impressionable young lassies more than others...............

"After #MeToo, disinviting Monica Lewinsky is old-fashioned misogyny

Town & Country magazine’s withdrawal of an invitation after Bill Clinton accepted was plain rude – and bad party-planning.

How would you feel if you were invited to a party and then told not to come because someone you had a relationship with decades ago was going to be attending? A quarter century is long enough for most of us to be civil in those circumstances.

But the event planners at Town & Country magazine seemingly didn’t have faith that Monica Lewinsky would be capable of acting like a mature adult in that situation. They disinvited her from an event this week after they found out that Bill Clinton was also planning to attend.

The party hosts were also not smart enough to remember that it’s a long time since Lewinsky has been silent in the face of insults.

On Wednesday, she wrote on Twitter:

“Dear world: please don’t invite me to an event (esp one about social change) and – then after i’ve accepted – uninvite me because bill clinton then decided to attend/was invited. it’s 2018. emily post would def not approve.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/may/11/after-metoo-disinviting-monica-lewinsky-is-old-fashioned-misogyny
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 21
Me too
Posted: 8/21/2018 6:42:51 AM

For once I agree with Ms May - sexual assault is a police matter.
It's far too easy to use the internet in these matters (a bit like
some used to come on here slagging off so & so because they had
a grudge - still happens sometimes) - you either have a case
to bring or you don't ...............

Have you looked at the amount of rape cases that actually go to trial far less end up in a conviction? There are many many reasons why people who have been raped or sexually assaulted do not go to police. I would be surprised if May had ever been in that position herself, people who haven't been tend to see it as very cut and dried when often it is not.

I posted this on another thread some time back when someone on here was trying to suggest that as many men get sexually assaulted than women, the figures suggest otherwise. But a tiny percentage of people who make a complaint end up in court and a tiny percentage of the cases that end up in court end up in a successful prosecution.

The system is weighted heavily against anyone (male or female) who makes a claim of sexual assault.

This case came to wide attention because the men involved were famous. The claimaint's sexual history can also be revealed in court in certain circumstances.

Here is part of the article of the Belfast rape case

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/sport/2018/04/belfast-rape-trial-i-m-haunted-man-who-couldn-t-stand-his-friends

The man accused of vaginal rape saw that the woman was bleeding, and told the court he assumed – he did not bother to ask – that she was on her period. Women are there to be “pumped” and “roasted” – pornified descriptions of sex which leave no room for the idea that female pleasure might matter, too.

I actually know one of the women who was involved in making allegations of improper sexual conduct against the former SNP msp. It wasn't rape or attempted, he was accused of stalking her

She had been seriously unwell not long previously and I assume could not face the stress of a police investigation. The man concerned also admitted to improper conduct

It is not always cut and dried. There will be strong cases that do not make it as far as trial. I bet many victims will feel badly let down by the CPS and the PF in Scotland.

>Hypocrite, peado and glass house dweller. This story will die overnight, if it had been male on female Twitter would explode, again.

Its not dying overnight, there has been a very strong reaction on Twitter, in particular from Rose McGowan and her followers (she has many).

I personally don't think someone of his age being "laid" by an older female actress is just a case of he's got laid, and hes got money from it. It was statutory rape, no more and no less.

Justanotherchap
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Me too
Posted: 8/21/2018 6:50:01 AM
" It was statutory rape, no more and no less." Well if under age sex is as common over there as over here, they're going to have to lock up half their teenagers.

Doh - there's only three and a bit of us here In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Paulineandzeus
Msg: 23
Me too
Posted: 8/21/2018 6:53:59 AM

" It was statutory rape, no more and no less." Well if under age sex is as common over there as over here, they're going to have to lock up half their teenagers.

It was legally though, irrespective of whether people have under age sex or not.
 rekirked
Msg: 24
Me too
Posted: 8/21/2018 9:08:53 AM
There’s grooming involved here, she first met this lad and started working alongside him when he was a small boy. There are pics on the net of them from many years ago which leave a bad taste when you look at them.

As for Rose McGowan this was her tweet when #metoo was getting started:

“It’s quite simple, all who have worked with known predators should do 3 simple things. 1) Believe survivors 2) Apologize for putting your careers and wallets before what was right. 3) Grab a spine and denounce. If you do not do these things you are still moral cowards. #ROSEARMY”

This was her tweet when her friend is investigated for sex with a minor:

“None of us know the truth of the situation and I’m sure more will be revealed. Be gentle.”

The hypocrisy is at defcon 5.

UKBunny
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Me too
Posted: 8/21/2018 12:06:46 PM
(sigh) - if it's a police matter report it -
or is that too simple for the Fvckbook generation?

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Me too