Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review please      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Carol1841
Msg: 1
Profile review pleasePage 1 of 1    
I'd be grateful for a profile review. I've tried to put as much info as possible in there without making it too drawn out, but get very few messages, although plenty of views. Just wondering where I'm going wrong?
 Cynderella
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Profile review please
Posted: 11/15/2017 7:53:11 AM
I don't usually do reviews but
your's caught my eye.
The only thing I would suggest
is to add more pictures. Men are
visual creatures. Perhaps your
second photo first if I had to
choose between the two.
Good luck
 Carol1841
Msg: 3
Profile review please
Posted: 11/15/2017 8:07:59 AM
I appreciate that, thank you. And yes I can see your point about the pics. I'll get that changed.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 4
Profile review please
Posted: 11/15/2017 8:13:06 AM
You're on the verge of turning 50 and yet your age restrictions are " 42 - 52 "....

HUGE turn off

My advice : don't advertise your age restrictions on your profile , keep them to yourself.

IOW get rid of them
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 5
Profile review please
Posted: 11/15/2017 8:21:36 AM
Nobody over the age of 14 should be taking selfies in mirrors. Most phones have cameras on the front, or failing that, a self-timer. Or if you're a real technophobe, don't you have a friend to take a pic of you? You could certainly do with a couple more pics, especially outdoors ones.

You should never mention your ex on a dating profile.

The rest looks good, but as mentioned above I would lose the age restrictions. A range of 42-52 implies you're looking for a younger man, which will put off men your own age. If you insist on keeping it then you should at least make the +/- the same, ie. 42-56. If you're not interested in 56 year olds you can always ignore their messages.

Use the search functions and find men who interest you! It is the 21st Century. Don't sit there waiting for the Hot Guy Fairy to bless you, go get em!
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 6
Profile review please
Posted: 11/15/2017 10:51:16 AM

Nobody over the age of 14 should be taking selfies in mirrors. Most phones have cameras on the front, or failing that, a self-timer. Or if you're a real technophobe, don't you have a friend to take a pic of you?

Lucky for her, most men aren't hypercritical twats who allow something this trivial to decide whether he wants to contact or meet a woman. I really can't envision a man saying to himself "you know, I REALLY wanted this woman until I saw she took a mirror selfie! O-M-G!! Dealbreaker!!"
 Forums_only
Msg: 7
Profile review please
Posted: 11/15/2017 5:54:10 PM
Are you sending messages to men you find interesting?

You have lots of room in the profile to add more information (something you enjoy about your work, some place you want to travel to, what you enjoy doing on weekends with your grownup friends).
 flyover_boy
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Profile review please
Posted: 11/17/2017 12:55:56 PM

You're on the verge of turning 50 and yet your age restrictions are " 42 - 52 "....

HUGE turn off

My advice : don't advertise your age restrictions on your profile , keep them to yourself.

IOW get rid of them

Standing ovation ! Thank you...thank you Butter ! HUGE turn off it is ! Believe me, men have ‘block lists’ too...it’s a grand feature.

Unlike other guys here, I’m not as irritated with mirror shots. Hey, you provided a full body shot, that puts points on the board in my book. My beef is these head/shoulder shots, ‘one picture wonders,’ and the like. Although you did use dark clothing for it...clever. :)

The symphony of men saying, ‘you start emailing,’ encompasses several issues. Women frequently use profile pages as a billboard, 'build it...they will come.’ That may be somewhat effective for 25 year olds, former college swimmers who’ve never had kids yet. The playing field changes for women AND men past 40. In what is often referred to as 'who does the winning over.’ You may have to put forward the first and greater effort, at least at first.

To be candid, if I was zipping past profiles, I’d probably pass. BUT, if you hit me up, and we were close, simple meeting for a drink/coffee thing, I might go for that. And...who knows, something could develop. I know that doesn’t sound real romantic, but it is realistic. Believe me, in the dating world, many of us go on first dates with people we’re not blown over by...but great relationships do sometimes form and that’s why we play.

You live near an urban area, so you should have a healthy pool of male candidates to get cracking at. Give it some time ! Good luck !
 bearcat44
Msg: 9
Profile review please
Posted: 10/18/2018 6:32:48 PM
Time to think about things a little bit. Watch these vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVXdxaaRiAU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pPGijYBaVE&t=53s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npBKT6ZV9Xg
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review please