Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > WARNING - VIDEO CHAT SCAM      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jeepster204
Msg: 1
view profile
History
WARNING - VIDEO CHAT SCAMPage 1 of 1    
WARNING: VIDEO CHAT SCAM: You may be contacted by a user with very attractive photos and very little info in their profile (First Clue). They will ask if you have tried the new "Video Chat" feature which is a great way to get to know you. They will ask for your email, (Second Clue) then send you a request to join (They say the request is from POF but it's a gmail address), (Third Clue) There is a link the asks you to complete a form and give your credit card number. (Last Clue... by now you should be out!) THIS IS A SCAM. Please be careful out there.
 JR2733
Msg: 2
view profile
History
WARNING - VIDEO CHAT SCAM
Posted: 6/11/2018 6:14:22 AM
I just joined the site on Thursday and fell prey within a couple of hours to the exact scam you are describing. Being new to the site and being naive, yes I fell for it. The scammer attempted a $40 charge. I contacted my bank immediately as I saw this wasn’t on the “up and up”. Beware: especially newcomers that there is no video chat option available regardless of what some other dating candidate tells you. The bank disabled my debit card and now I wait a week to receive a new one. This post was helpful in discerning fact from fiction, thank you!
 stinklizard
Msg: 3
view profile
History
WARNING - VIDEO CHAT SCAM
Posted: 2/10/2019 6:12:23 AM
It would appear every message I have gotten FROM someone has been a scam. I just got the video chat one, as well.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > WARNING - VIDEO CHAT SCAM