Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > OK< a challenge on the weight thing....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kristamaureen
Msg: 8
OK< a challenge on the weight thing....Page 1 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Wow...this is refreshing!
If all heavier women grew up hanging aroung with guys like you, we'd all feel so much better about ourselves instead of feeling like we have to lose the extra weight to be accepted like the skinny girls.

Me, I like a big teddy bear of a guy, as long as he's living a healthy lifestyle, has a good sense of humour about himself....

Don't worry guys, their are girls out their that appreciate your viewpoint....You'll find someone who will adore you!
 kristamaureen
Msg: 9
OK< a challenge on the weight thing....
Posted: 8/12/2005 6:19:30 PM
Well crayola..I see two definitely jaded guys, and the other (two) are fine...sometimes you have to wonder what happened to them to make them as jaded as they are. They were probably dating really skinny women who jerked them around....
 Popsicletoes
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2005 10:37:30 AM
Personally, I'd prefer to meet people that put an effort in to who they are inside, not outside. Outside can be gone in a matter of minutes or days, while all that really remains is the inner beauty. And if you don't have that, you don't have anything. Just my humble opinion.
 shadowgirl58
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/13/2005 10:43:07 AM
hallejuia popsicletoes
If one lets ones self go-that may be a slight problem-all probs have solutions.
A little beer belly or love handles can be worked off lol
 shadowgirl58
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/13/2005 10:44:43 AM
the ace
are you in the big n tall category
 dennb
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/14/2005 10:18:11 AM
My be more to it than just weight. I am thin and muscular and I might not have any more or as much with the ladies than you do. I know that I have been attracted to all types of women and I am not sure in lots of cases what the attraction is. Chemistry.
 shygirlinont
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/14/2005 10:40:27 AM
I think you guys at the beginning are being too hard on women! You put them all in the same category! All women are different, looking for different things. I can honestly say that I could really care less about what a man looks like! Sure you don't want him to be so hideous that you couldn't stand to look at him, but weight is so not an issue with me. HOwever, it is very easy for a man to say about a woman that she has a "nice personality" however, she is a dog! I think everyone should look within, as opposed to looking on the outside. Whenever you chat with someone on here, the first question is "What do you look like". Why does it matter, are you going to stop talking to me cause I have brown eyes instead of blue? or because I have auburn hair instead of blonde? How about if I weigh 175 rather than 105?? That's just my opinion!!
 shygirlinont
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/14/2005 12:40:15 PM
ok wraithofangels, what if I was 275 lbs???
 deepthroat_seeker
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/14/2005 4:13:59 PM
I think the large women should date large men.

They tend to chase men who are in shape,athletic and not interested.

RB

*karma*

Msg: 14
view profile

Posted: 8/12/2005 10:09:36 PM
You all do realize that fat women DO jerk men around too right? It's not just skinny women. And that being fat doesn't make you better in bed or have a better personality or make your judgment and responsibility better or make you a 'real' woman.

I'm not saying it makes it any less possible, I'm just saying.

You're saying these men are jaded cause a skinny woman ****ed them over. Well for the men that are into skinny women..does that mean a fat woman ****ed them over??

And since when is a skinny woman not 'the real deal'? Are they pretend? They're real women too...just because they're not overweight that makes them less of a person?

You all sit there and **** about skinny people as a WHOLE. Talk about some major generalizing wow!
 drpookie
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/17/2005 2:53:20 AM
I ate a black cat by mistake yesterday
 drpookie
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/17/2005 3:18:01 AM
/\/\/\whered your pic go
 drpookie
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/17/2005 3:23:05 AM
can i borrow your pic, because Im not getting much mail....jk..im not here to sob to you, there not men, theyre boys
 shygirlinont
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/17/2005 11:00:13 AM
drpookie on 8/17/2005 520 AM
Subject: OK< a challenge on the weight thing....

What the hell does that mean???????
 Javan2
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/18/2005 6:10:15 AM
A sure fire way to lose weight while eating pretty much whatever you want. Get a large Glass or drinking container. Put about 1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar in the container;then fill the rest of the container with water. Add some honey if you need to for taste.Drink this concoction about once every other day and after about a week; you'll be amazed by how fast you'll start to lose weight.The first thing you'll notice is how strong you'll start to urinate.
Fat comes off through your urine.This strange mix will work wonders in keeping the weight off too. You will be amazed. Old Southern Blacks knew about this as a weight loss method for years. Try it & you'll see, it works.
 femalegirlwoman
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/26/2006 12:22:13 PM
my boyfriend has some extra pounds, but he's better than anyone else I dated in a million different ways
 racefan1
Msg: 60
Posted: 7/26/2006 2:40:55 PM
AS A SOCIOLOGY MAJOR, I THINK THAT SOCIETY SETS IT'S OWN NORMS AND STANDARDS. THERE ARE CULTURES THAT RESPECT THE OVERWEIGHT AND THOSE THAT DON'T. CAN'T TAKE THINGS TOO PERSONALLY, WE ARE WHO WE ARE.
 ladyc4
Msg: 62
Posted: 7/26/2006 3:21:18 PM

MY GOOD MAN BARRY WHITE
ohhh but he had THAT VOICE...
This may be a little different perspective, maybe younger gals don't worry about it as much,but us gals of a certain age tend to worry about getting involved with a man may have compromised health;and obesity IS a big danger signal( so is smoking, drinking too much, or eating a poor diet even if he IS thin)
I don't mean to sound harsh here, and Lord knows I am far from being perfect! But if the OP sees his build/weight as a significant disadvantage in winning the kind of gal he wants, then he needs to do his best to remove or at least modify that disadvantage.That being said, if he has a medical issue that stands in his way, then my heart goes out to him because, yeah, chances are he's gonna have a rough time in the dating scene. It's sad but that seems to be the way these things work nowadays.
Cindy O
 randyseyes
Msg: 76
Posted: 8/4/2006 9:30:37 PM
I feel that I cannot demand that my date be in shape if I am not. I struggle with that and am now hitting the gym after over 10 years of sloughing off. Being in shape also means more than looks. It may also possibly indicate health, discipline, and self love. As being out of shape may possibly indicate neglect, overeating as a compensatory behavior, and lack of self love. And how one loves themselves may be an important indicator on how much they are able to love others.
 Dragoninrain
Msg: 77
Posted: 8/5/2006 10:11:19 AM
What a load of codswallop!

As in anything in life.. it is now the size of the person. It's the personality.

On this site, there is a lovely man I was lived with for 3 years and almost 10 years later am STILL a very good friend. (As matter of fact, he unhid his profile so I could link this posting to his profile http://www.plentyoffish.com/member1593020.htm )... Hmmmmm.. VaderO.. sorry, dear (won't use your real name here.. It's more than "a few pounds".. love you dearly.)

When I met him.. online.. we exchanged emails, spoke on the phone every day (sometimes several times a day) for quite a while before we met. I'd never seen a picture of him.. I don't recall if I asked. The first time I laid eyes on him.. there came to be a response, in my mind, about his size and demeanour (that same word became and still is a word used to express my loving thoughts of him). The shell that encloses him doesn't do credit to the wonderful, beautiful, loving, honest, caring, extremely intelligent man that he IS (dang.. brought tears to my eyes attempting to find the words to express how wonderful he is.. to me and all those whose life he touches)

If you want "thin, attractive women" then you may as well accept that if that is your defining need of what may make a lovely companion.. in all probability, they will be looking for the same shallow definition of what makes for a "good" prospect. That does seem to be how life works.

As for lying being gender specific... Not bloody likely. It is a human condition to attempt to put ourselves in the best light -- especially when the other person isn't there to speak of their side or POV (point of view). There are people who will lie rather than be truthful (even if it is only from their perspective, their need to be 'liked' by everyone.. or to never be disliked (even for a moment) by anyone.... their loss.. as, IMO, they are not being real and in the moment in their own life) as they have found it easier then speaking their mind.
 10buck2
Msg: 79
Posted: 8/5/2006 11:22:34 AM
ok, so What man would want a big fat woman. If you decide to have sex with her, he would have to roll her in flour and then find the wet spot to know where to enter her with his tool-not matter how big his tool is----
 Dragoninrain
Msg: 84
Posted: 8/6/2006 3:47:04 AM

kame wrote:
Wow~ good post Dragoninrain sort of makes a person view things a bit diffrent .

Not likely to change anyone's POV, kame (as I note so many bent on justifying their choices --- what.. "taking care of their health" (weight can/does change up and down.. up and down.. for many people --- I know of many whose battle against cancer leaves them taking medication which has weight steadily increase.. wtf is anyone to state that is "wrong")
 billrock
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2006 11:56:14 AM
I agree 100%. My ex would alway say things about what she wanted was on the 'inside' of man. Now she is 45 years old and though we broke up more than a year ago, we still talk, and I still keep getting my hopes up that we might reconcile. I always end up getting hurt though.

Last week she told me she went out to dinner with a hard bodied, 23 year old who just got out of the Marines. Yeah, she's looking on the 'inside' all right - the inside of his underwear!
 lickul8tr
Msg: 89
Posted: 9/13/2006 8:05:05 PM
Sorry, obese men sicken me. HUGE turn off.

U wanted honest, and I will always tell the truth
 andy1961
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2006 5:51:18 AM
I'll tell you what lickul8tr, at least he has the balls to put a picture of HIMSELF on his profile!

With that stupid angel pic - I'm laughing at the "no pic no reply" on your profile !!!

Your case dismissed !!

Next.
 Funme40
Msg: 91
Posted: 9/14/2006 6:22:40 AM
I read all the replies to this post. What puzzle me is that most women will claim that they don’t mind the extra weight ect. Yet, I’m 99% sure that the OP is still single and looking to this date! Sadly, I can only come to one conclusion. Hypocrites! That’s all most who posted on here are. Liars as well! Let’s face it for God’s sake. Unless you’re a 9 on the look scale, you’re doomed to be alone. That’s where it stops! I’ve never encounter so many shallow people in my entire life as I did since I first joined this site years ago. I wish I could see a site only dedicated to overweight people. Wouldn’t that be nice? They would all be equal and wouldn’t have to go trough so much rejection. Remember that I can call people on here hypocrites. The last person I was with was a size 22. She’s a wonderful person and not blinded by stupid prejudices unlike all the skinny idiots I dated before.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > OK< a challenge on the weight thing....