Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > The feel good thread      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Hostess68
Msg: 1
view profile
History
The feel good threadPage 1 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Hopefully we can add to this week on week and tell each other something good that happened in the week of a forumers life and FILL this forum with positivity! OK OK! I'm trying!
So after being signed off work for 2 weeks with depression I am now back at work again. And my highlight was yesterday when I invited my niece and boyfriend over for a chill out day at mine. I fed them shepherds pie and lit candles and put on my all year round fairy lights and subjected them to the movie 'The Santa Clause'. They loved it aged 17 and 21! I gave them loads of chocolate and spoiled them rotten.
What nice stuff happened to you in the last week?
 billybonds
Msg: 2
The feel good thread
Posted: 11/27/2017 2:58:06 PM
Take them to Paddington 2 at Christmas hostess it's so brilliant :) Sorry to hear about your troubles.
 scareymush
Msg: 3
The feel good thread
Posted: 11/27/2017 3:37:48 PM
Hiya Poilet! (waves) (shrugs) (mopes)

I helped my daughter move house yesterday, she is officially a homeowner! But now that she is she's turned into a major fusspot, I hadn't realised that she's exactly like my Da....I'm undecided as yet, whether that's a good thing or not, it's funny though.
 Squareslice
Msg: 4
The feel good thread
Posted: 11/27/2017 3:42:06 PM
Hostess, I had a great time at Light Night in Edinburgh.
OK, over a week ago, but (apart from 1 anus) it was superb.

We were dancin in the streets.... us security types are total woosies when it comes to wee happy faces

Oh.... the rugby too.... ohhhh the rugby

Only one downer... had to come home to Glasgow.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 5
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 11/27/2017 5:51:06 PM
Just finished transcribing 100 client case notes by hand. Pleased about that. Even though my hand's going to hurt in the morning.

Saw Justice League last Wednesday. Flash steals it.

Well done for beating a bout of depression. It's a bummer any time.
 flossiescratchwood
Msg: 6
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 11/27/2017 6:13:04 PM
I went to Budapest ! I went for a day ( trip from Austria) many moons ago and said I would return. It has taken me well over 20 years . Two years ago I was going and then crap happened. Last year, the day before , I discovered my passport had run out. So this was third time lucky. And I loved it again.
 heavenlivesnear
Msg: 7
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 11/27/2017 11:30:56 PM
i met my new manager this week... the 5th one in a year. she seems nice, they normally do though...

edit..

im on leave for the rest of the week and tomorrow im going to find some family in the midlands... if i dont come back, it will likely be beause they are every bit as odd as the local family and have buried me under the patio... or similar..
 heavenlivesnear
Msg: 8
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 11/27/2017 11:38:05 PM
hows your hand this morning orange...

i have to ask.... why would you handwrite case notes?
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 9
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 11/28/2017 2:00:58 AM
Quicker than me typing and I don't have to be at my PC.
 rekirked
Msg: 10
The feel good thread
Posted: 11/28/2017 3:21:11 AM
Had a great weekend with my two boys and my dad and step mum, he still didn't get a round in though. Managed to blag a week in his camper van on condition I lend him my car, he'll be the fastest pensioner in Bournemouth for a week next spring.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 11
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 11/28/2017 3:38:43 AM
We won the quiz on Saturday at our favourite little old pub. Unfortunately to win the cash prize you have to do that "play your cards right" game and we didn't (play our cards right). Great fun with a gang of amusing people,
 heavenlivesnear
Msg: 12
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 11/28/2017 7:54:12 AM
ive had a lovely productive day and now im home for the rest of the day. got my pj's on already and about to watch a christmas film on telly.... i'll be asleep in 10 minutes :-)

Jacknher
Msg: 13
The feel good thread
Posted: 12/1/2017 12:10:39 AM
Off into the Toon for a work outing this afternoon. Each dept at work gets a budget per person per year to spend on dept outings etc. And we also get a couple of paid afternoons off per year to do whatever we choose to do .
So twice a year we the five of us go off together for the afternoon. Last time it was manicure's and pedicures.
Today it's a Peter Pan matinee at the theatre in Newcastle....and then a meal somewhere.

In the meantime I am breakfasting alone......it's so cold out there the dog has more brains than me and has gone back upstairs to bed.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 14
The feel good thread
Posted: 12/1/2017 1:48:24 AM
Have a great day Jack! :)

Last weekend I did a ‘pre-christmas dinner’ dinner.
Trying to organise a meal for 20+ people with a smallish kitchen and a dining table that seats 4 is just stupid.

I’ve a training day today. I don’t like training adults.
The feel-good factor comes later.....drinks with friends :)
 Squareslice
Msg: 15
The feel good thread
Posted: 12/1/2017 9:41:01 AM
Out for drinks tomorrow with a great friend. Those of you that know Bambi will know I do mean great. She's all right for an auld granny lol
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 16
The feel good thread
Posted: 12/1/2017 9:46:00 AM
^ ^ ^ Please give Bambi my love.......
(Lightstar)

Squareslice
Msg: 17
The feel good thread
Posted: 12/1/2017 9:50:08 AM
I will do, bud. We were on the phone literally all night last night. I blame my shiny nrew Nespresso machine n she worries about her old uncle that lives with her.
 flossiescratchwood
Msg: 18
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 12/1/2017 4:41:07 PM
It was my birthday today and it was a total non event on the whole. Felt like crap as well. And I fell asleep this evening too by accident instead of going out.

My son though , when I got home from work, had laid a trail for me( like I used to do for him on different occasions when he was little). One prezzie on the computer keyboard, with a note under it telling me where to go next , sending me in all directions around the house to find others. I have to say I was a tad alarmed when one note said 'lift up the toilet seat lid'! He'd covered the loo in cling film and put a note on top thank goodness.

A collection of lovely things to eat. And I think the most thought he has ever put into my birthday
 heavenlivesnear
Msg: 19
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 12/2/2017 12:52:36 AM
aw bless him... thats lovely. happy birthday for yesterday.

i completed my self assessment tax returns last night... whoop whoop i know how to live it up eh..

im not particularly happy about having to pay more tax but it was nice to walk into my lounge this morning and not have that pile of paperwork staring at me....
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 20
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 12/2/2017 2:21:55 AM
Ah - self assessments... that time of year again...

It'll be turkey sandwiches and tax returns again for me this Christmas.

I finally caught up with my journal, which is my good news.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 21
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 12/2/2017 3:44:01 AM
Cracking game of skittles last night. I was rubbish. As usual.

Have fallen in love with a gorgeous woman. Who couldn't care less about me. As usual.
 heavenlivesnear
Msg: 22
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 12/2/2017 7:47:53 AM
how do you know she doesn't care chap...? have you told her how you feel?

we often feign indifference to those we like the most.

rums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 23
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 12/2/2017 8:27:27 AM
Good god no! That would spoil all that teenage angst I'm feeling again ;-)
 vlad dracul
Msg: 24
view profile
History
The feel good thread
Posted: 12/2/2017 8:41:29 AM
Happy days for me like. Someone put up recordings of Nirvana up on yatube from Edinburgh back in the day.

Kurt Cobain and Dave Grohl played a few acoustic tunes in a boozer called the Southern Bar. Although around 30 folk were present if you believed everyone who said they were there then it should be hundreds.

Anyway here below are a couple of things if you like the band......

"A recording of Nirvana’s famous unheralded pub gig in 1991 at the Southern Bar before a handful of punters has been found and posted on YouTube."

https://www.scotsman.com/news/listen-to-rare-recording-of-when-nirvana-played-in-an-edinburgh-pub-1-4629200

Here is the sound recording made that night. Although it is only 2 full tunes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-nj3Roe3gww

And here be the recording of the full band when they played The Calton Studios down in the Old Town.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K7r-mgoc2ac
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 25
The feel good thread
Posted: 12/2/2017 12:30:25 PM
I opened my wallet this morning to get out my credit card.

It wasn't there !

I remembered I forgot to take it out of the gas pump last night.

I drove to the gas station right away while telling myself that someone probably found it and brought it to the gas clerk.

I was correct.

I wish I could thank whoever the honest person was !
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > The feel good thread