Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I'd love a profile review! Male, 42,      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TheGrooGrux
Msg: 1
I'd love a profile review! Male, 42, Page 1 of 1    
I've gone on a handful of dates from POF but it seems I'm only getting women that want to hook up. I'm just not that guy. I'm horny as hell but can't do the physical only thing.

Also I'm a brown boy in Utah so it's a little tough since I think I'm judged a little quicker than normal. I'm white on the inside though. Lol

I'm not asking for a /roastme but would love some constructive criticism. Thank you!
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 2
I'd love a profile review! Male, 42,
Posted: 11/29/2017 4:06:03 PM

'm not asking for a /roastme

Well, unfortunately, that's just about all you'll get, along with excessive nitpicking that is of no benefit whatsoever.

I say take advantage of what you have before you. One day you will kick yourself for not doing it. Nothing you do to your profile will change their desires.
 Forums_only
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/29/2017 6:04:14 PM
I wouldn't have immediately thought 'brown' but you mentioned it here and in your opening. Yet - you listed your 'ethnicity' as Caucasian. I bet you have an interesting family history that you could use. I have relatives in Utah so yeah, I get the judgment thing.

Do take advantage of the Interests field - go for at least 6 things that represent your 'favourites' - author, cuisine, holiday spot, musician/group, sport/team... these are little things your viewer can use to find commonalities.

The photos are OK-ish. A well lit shoulders up big smile works wonders. Obvious selfies are mood-killers.

Wondering why the need to explain twice that you want to take care of someone? I'm truly surprised you don't have more attention from women looking to be princessed.

Good luck!
 TheGrooGrux
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/30/2017 7:39:26 AM
I'll definitely take advantage of the Interest field.

I honestly don't photograph well. I can't look at my pictures and think they look anything like me. Of the photos that I do have, which is the worst and which is the one I should use as my main?

I read through my profile and don't see where I said I wanted to take care of someone twice. Maybe the line about chivalry. I don't think that's the same as taking care of someone but maybe I'm not explaining it correctly. I'm not trying to be a sugar daddy. I am a "Dom" (for lack of a better word) but not looking for a bimbo. I'm looking for a woman that is sweet and soft. Not hard and badass. All my gal friends are the strong badass gals and I love them but don't want that in my significant other. Looking for a woman that would rather go to Napa wine tours with me and not to Vegas for the next UFC fight. Make sense? Any advice to convey that in words without sounding like I'm bashing the other women? I hate sounding negative.

I appreciate your input! :)
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/30/2017 8:15:57 AM
"Looking for a woman that would rather go to Napa wine tours with me and not to Vegas for the next UFC fight. Make sense? "

haha, makes sense to me - once you've been with a woman who has the personality of a guy, I don't care how good she looks on the outside, if there's one thing I've figured out in my life it's that that is not my cup o tea !

I once had a fling with a female crocodile Dundee ( " THAT'S not a knife .... " )

Yeah, I have no desire to be spanked by a woman and asked " who's your daddy ? " , haha

A woman who has a skull tat on her boob, spits and rides a chopper while wearing a helmet with a spike on top ?

Um......I'll pass
 9Pluto
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2017 11:26:07 AM

I would like a woman that will let me take care of her in every way. Not because she isn't capable, but because she deserves to feel completely safe and loved. And spoiled. ;)

No person deserves to feel completely safe, loved and spoiled by your Internet persona. Like any normal person, they have to earn it. A suggestion to the contrary sounds too good to be true. On the other hand, this might be good bribe to barter for sex if interpreted in another way.

I'd love to share in your passions as well.
While picking out china patterns sounds good eventually, let's enjoy a handful of dates first!

Fantasy. Clingy. Desperation. Sounds like a check you are writing that will bounce.

This profile reads like a madre soltera that just fell off the turnip truck coming in from Jalisco. Find her, learn and teach her on fine wines and dining, and you will be in business! Don't expect to find a ready-made, perfect person.

ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/30/2017 11:42:45 AM

I am a "Dom"

Your profile exudes the exact opposite, but the good news is, not many will read it, anyway.

not to Vegas for the next UFC fight.

Pfft. My ex was hot as f*ck and feminine but loved going to watch the pay-per-views with me.
 flyover_boy
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2017 12:36:44 PM
The good news is you’re in a more traditional part of the country. I take it, you are trying to steer clear of the overly opinionated, ‘it’s all about me’ types.

The bad news is, while Mr. Pig is correct, people don’t read profiles, they do skim. As I do and did. I notice you have two boys, whom you are very involved with ? That’s great, really is, but that can cut negatively with women looking to settle with someone and start a fresh family. I realize your boys have reached their majority, but as one radio talk show host used to say, ‘Who says parenting ends when their 18...huh Pop ?’ Or adult children can produce adult problems.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2017 6:20:23 PM
Your profile looks pretty good, I don't think that's the problem.

Some people skim profiles, and other do actually read them. And this takes time.

Who are you writing to? Don't rely just on looks when you choose who to write to.
 bearcat44
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/18/2018 6:29:26 PM
Time to think about things a little bit. Watch these vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVXdxaaRiAU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pPGijYBaVE&t=53s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npBKT6ZV9Xg
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I'd love a profile review! Male, 42,