Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sexists to face tougher sentences under plans to make misogyny a hate      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 introvertedkinkster
Msg: 1
Sexists to face tougher sentences under plans to make misogyny a hate crime Page 1 of 1    
https://www.rt.com/uk/412260-sexist-misogyny-hate-crime/

I have no problem with turning misogyny into a hate crime. As long as it's based on irrefutable evidence. What I do have a problem with, why not both ways? Why not misandry too?

Seems very one sided to me.
 deetristate
Msg: 2
Sexists to face tougher sentences under plans to make misogyny a hate crime
Posted: 12/7/2017 11:04:02 PM
so women engage in behavior that makes people hate them and then make it a crime to hate then.

men have really become weak and almost pointless.
 introvertedkinkster
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/7/2017 11:16:06 PM
Men have became weak and pointless in the western world due to being placed in politically correct handcuffs.
 deetristate
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/8/2017 3:25:17 AM
did you not place yourselves in handcuffs? are you allowing women to have you fired, ridiculed replaced because you men are are ridiculing, firing and replacing yourselves because a lot of women want to cry "damsal here. help" when a man makes a move on her or, more ridiculously, made a move 5, 10 or even 40 years ago?
are you men not allowing this, joining in the chorus against men? I have heard women loudly declare that what is going on with these "inapropriate behavior" claims is ridiculous. I have heard no one but Moore protest loudly on the male side. which is why a lot of people will vote for him whether they believe he did something (that was not pedophilia) 40 years ago or not.

Unless they get brainwashed in high school and college, the generation now preteens and teens does not seem to buy the nonesense. we will see.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2017 4:58:42 AM
I find it to be a terrible shame, that one fad or rush to judgment, is countered by an opposite sided fad and rush to judgment.

This mess is nearly identical to what I watch go on forty years ago. One group finally protesting abuses, after decades of silence; another group latching on to the protests, pretending to support them, while actually just wanting to make personal gains from the fights that follow; another group fighting back by declaring that ALL the accusations are false, and actually championing the real trouble-makers who started it all; and finally (I expect) everything eventually quiets down and nothing is fixed, and things go back to the way they were again.

Misogyny isn't the central problem. The structural support of abuse as a normal way of life, by whoever the people in power are, is the problem.
 Walts
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/8/2017 5:09:21 AM

I have heard women loudly declare that what is going on with these "inapropriate behavior" claims is ridiculous. I have heard no one but Moore protest loudly on the male side. which is why a lot of people will vote for him whether they believe he did something (that was not pedophilia) 40 years ago or no

It is kinda bizarre the excu,,,,,ummmm, reasons,certain types of people will use for voting for someone isn't it??????

Do you know where they sell those blinders Dipsy????????

Or are they installed when people are born?
 Jo van
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/8/2017 5:24:09 AM

Men have became weak and pointless

I think you speak only for yourself there....
-And it's a "self-fulfilling prophecy".

in the western world

Are you advocating "sharia law"?
-Or some other "non-western" patriarchal subjugation of the female of the species?
What is it you want?

due to being placed in politically correct handcuffs.

And there's me thinking that wearing those fluffy pink cuffs was entirely voluntary....

Why don't you "shake your shackles off", and spout whatever politically in-correct erm..."thoughts" you might want to express?
Who's stopping you?
Let it all hang out.
Then, we can agree, or disagree, or just laugh
 gtomustang
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/8/2017 6:49:41 AM
RT->Russia Today->propaganda arm of Russia->fake news

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/russian-propaganda-effort-helped-spread-fake-news-during-election-experts-say/2016/11/24/793903b6-8a40-4ca9-b712-716af66098fe_story.html?utm_term=.36b8d4831f66

But it does bring up the question, if one segment of society has less political and socio-economic power than the other segments, does that first segment need special protections from getting steam-rolled over?
 chameleonf
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/8/2017 8:47:37 AM

are you allowing women to have you fired, ridiculed replaced because you men are are ridiculing, firing and replacing yourselves because a lot of women want to cry "damsal here. help" when a man makes a move on her or, more ridiculously, made a move 5, 10 or even 40 years ago?

It's those particular type of men who are allowing themselves (not the women) to have themselves fired, ridiculed and replaced because of their own actions. Anything should be fair game prior to the statute of limitations taking effect when it comes to being held accountable. The workplace isn't supposed to be a meat market or a dating site for mentally stunted men to get their jollies that, in the process, leaves women having to either worry about avoiding them or fending them off instead of concentrating on what they're there to do - work. The same would hold true in reverse if and when it happens or if it's same sex harassment/abuse. It's not a difficult concept to understand and has nothing to do with being a damsel in distress. If these type of people weren't acting offensive in the first place, they'd have nothing to worry about, now would they? We're hearing about high profile cases in the news and jumping all over it, but the juvenile behaviour is encountered in every work place. It amounts to sneaky bullying behaviour for the purposes of self-gratification which is no different than any other form of bullying. If you don't condemn it, it is perpetuated and if you don't condemn it, you're part of the problem.
 Walts
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/8/2017 8:56:19 AM

If you don't condemn it, it is perpetuated and if you don't condemn it, you're part of the problem.

The easiest and simplest way to handle problems is to sit silently, cover your ears and eyes and then, and only then, plead ignorance. Of course many here like to add arrogance into the mix just for the shiats and giggles.

Of course, they also like to point fingers at those that decide to voice their displeasure. The noise tends to wake them up, even if it's only for a minute or two.
 deetristate
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/8/2017 9:32:11 AM
Cham

no one is saying that it is all ok when there is actually something besides a man you are not intetested in and who is not dijimon or ryan or jonn hamm coming on to you.

again, see those olympic girls.

you acknowledged before that the whines of "he asked me out," ,he hit on me" and a simple "he tried to kiss me" "so fire him" has gotten ridiculous and is detracting from actual assault and more than he hit on me harassment claims.

and to resign because you are accused (accused) because you know that you will be destroyed even if not true?

it doesn't seem to matter to you people whether there was actual actionable behavior. An accusation is enough.

All Americans should have a problem with that if not Canadians. ( who i have learned, on this site, can out "ugly" the "ugly american" stereotype)

("part of the problem" is so platitude/cliche for you, cham)
 chameleonf
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/8/2017 10:31:38 AM

you acknowledged before that the whines of "he asked me out," ,he hit on me" and a simple "he tried to kiss me" "so fire him" has gotten ridiculous and is detracting from actual assault and more than he hit on me harassment claims.

Sure, a one time thing that happens to one woman that's possible due to a mixed message, like telling a guy you like his new tie and he figures he's being hit on so asks the woman out or feels, therefore, inclined to tell her he likes something about what she's wearing and then she gets her sensibilities in a dither instead of dealing with it is way over the top.

On the other hand, a groping, univited kiss, whether the guy's the best looking thing you've seen or the worst?? Yup, that's what a job's all about. Where the hell do you figure that's ok in a job setting? Sure it's not the same level of assault as attempted or actual rape but it is, nonetheless, totally inappropriate when it's an M.O. of one particular individual with a number of women on a consistent basis. Yes, all kinds of women can handle the situation - but should they have to be put in the position of even having to?

My first job was in the executive suite of the Treasury Department when I was 17 years old in the early 70's and I know first hand what it was like to navigate the different situations when sexual harassment wasn't even considered a real issue because, after all, you were female and it was your lot in life simply by virtue of that fact. Ridiculous behaviour such as being followed into a vault and making sure I could slide a file cabinet drawer between myself and guys, instead of just going in there to do my job, being propositioned by a visiting New York bank president and the boss encouraging me to, even knowing I was newly married, a guy that would come up behind the women while they were busy working and rub their shoulders and then doing a stiff legged walk away. That's just a smattering. Sure, I handled them all - but should I have been expected to? Should any woman today, 45 years later be subjected to same type of crap when they're ALL being paid to do a job?

No, a simple accusation isn't enough, however, the fact that you and people like you feel it's ok to be harassed unless you're physically assaulted and/or raped and that you should ignore it because it's "no big deal" is the very attitude that emboldens the idiot perpetrators to continue making a work day less productive than it should be.

and to resign because you are accused (accused) because you know that you will be destroyed even if not true?

I guess everyone (not just cops) need to start wearing a body cam to work to protect themselves against false accusations and against harassers - sad that some people just haven't evolved to be decent human beings, either in thought or deed.
 deetristate
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/8/2017 12:06:30 PM
""""you and people like you feel it's ok to be harassed """"

no one said that. you are being hysterical.

i guess that this is related to your experience decades ago.

sorry you had to go through. that it still causes you anger is a problem.

distress.

however, falsely accusing me of okaying it all is just another false accusation subtracting from the credence of the accusations you seek to defend (accusations) and
it just causes one to ignore all else said because it is based on a false premise.
 chameleonf
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/8/2017 12:43:04 PM
Pfft...dee, your many posts on the topic speak for themselves with respect to your misogynistic stance on the matter. The only thing we can agree on is there can be false accusations and there can be false denials. Unwanted kissing to you is, by your own words, acceptable, even though it's very definition is sexual harrassment.
 toocash
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/8/2017 1:45:02 PM
Dee is just angry the guys never put moves on her. She never got what makes a woman attractive to a guy. Bigley sad.
 introvertedkinkster
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/8/2017 6:06:50 PM

did you not place yourselves in handcuffs?

No, I'm not the fault of the PC cancer that's ruining western civilization. If I was a leftist, I would be at fault.

are you allowing women to have you fired, ridiculed replaced because you men are are ridiculing, firing and replacing yourselves because a lot of women want to cry "damsal here. help" when a man makes a move on her or, more ridiculously, made a move 5, 10 or even 40 years ago?

This is the problem. Just because a male happens to be interested in a woman in the workplace and the woman doesn't like it, society considers it as a crime. It's all the sudden not a crime if the woman likes the said male having interest in her. It all comes down to if she decides to reject the male or not. If she decides to reject the said male, the male done a crime and it's apparently "misogyny". If she happens not to reject the guy, he didn't do a crime and it's all the sudden not misogyny.

It's absolutely ridiculous.

Before people run their mouth at me. Of course I don't excuse groping or rape. I just think this has been taken way too far and to the point of flat out men hating.

Here's an interesting piece on this.

We're on a sexual harassment warlock hunt

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/12/07/sexual-harassment-warlock-hunt-editorials-debates/108413460/

Not to mention, would a male get taken seriously if he felt oppressed because a woman who he wasn't attracted to showed she liked him? Not in a million years.
 chameleonf
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/8/2017 6:35:53 PM
The "crime" isn't liking a woman... it's what is done when liking a woman. Just because you like a woman doesn't give you the right to harrass her when she's made it clear she doesn't feel the same way about you. It doesn't give you the right to test if there's any reciprocity by grabbing her, kissing her, stalking her, or making her life otherwise miserable because you can't get it through the Neanderthal portion of your brain that you can't simply take that which isn't given to you freely. A lack of reciprocity is not misandry. A lack of reciprocity very often has more to do with an aversion to a repugnant personality, no matter your outward appearance, what position you hold or how much money you have.
 introvertedkinkster
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/8/2017 7:05:11 PM
Even if a male hasn't really done anything wrong, even just make a joke, a woman's feelings can dictate if his reputation should be damaged or not.

Not only that, a woman can make claims with no evidence whatsoever and get a man's reputation ruined. I'm not saying don't believe women, however, people do exaggerate or flat out lie. Without any evidence to support the claim, it shouldn't be justified to be let out in the open where a man's reputation is ruined.

Here is a recent example

Aussie TV personality Don Burke reportedly ‘calls in lawyers’ over sexual harassment allegations

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/aussie-tv-personality-don-burke-reportedly-calls-in-lawyers-over-mystery-allegations/news-story/1c24e108f10c198fe454afecbbbc204a

In the 80s, politically incorrect jokes were the "thing". I find it ridiculous how people bring up such things now in the present.
 forumslady
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/8/2017 7:19:12 PM
introvertedkinkster- Maybe it's just me, but I find it hard to believe that no one else has zeroed in on the MAJOR hint the OP has given us as to his own, admitted, predilections in the MAJOR hint that is his CHOSEN screen name.

In other words: Me thinks he doth protest too much. ;)

Carry on.
 deetristate
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/9/2017 7:52:31 AM
If these women were reporting incidents that cham has imagined or exaggerated is happening, yes, that would be a problem.

But they are not.

He tried to kiss me ( once) and he invited me to his room alone and I went and he tried to make a move on me (once) ( or I decided to go again) or he put his hand on my back or he asked me out on dates and I wasn't interested or he leaned in for a kiss on the mouth ( once or he made a move on me ( once) etc., etc. etc is just a lot of whining.

Be woman.

Interestingly, in most cases, they clearly did act like f=grown women. They shuit it down, said "no, " left, walked away, declined, balled him out, etc., etc, etc.

Why bring it up now? For attention.

Or it something like the above is still bothering you, seek therapy.

It is like George Stephanopolous will be the only man remaining on the news.
Wait until we get to the sports channels.

Again very surprised that men are allowing this. When did your men get so afraid of women?
Maybe those commercials where the men are doing what the women demand ( as alleged comedy) actually reflect reality.

And, because you people make claims about what we are saying that are not true, let me add

NO ONE IS CONDONING RAPE, ACTUAL SEXUAL ASSAULT, STALKING, and ACTUAL SEXUAL HARASSMENT.
NOR ARE WE SAYING THAT IT SHOULD BE ALLOWED and NOT ADDRESSED and STOPPED.

This is part of the Antioch policy that they had on sexual harassment, which in many aspects was obvious and reasonable but in other ridiculous for grown-ups:

"""Consent:

Consent is defined as the act of willingly and verbally agreeing to engage in specific sexual conduct. The following are clarifying points:

Consent is required each and every time there is sexual activity.
All parties must have a clear and accurate understanding of the sexual activity.
The person(s) who initiate(s) the sexual activity is responsible for asking for consent.
The person(s) who are asked are responsible for verbally responding.
Each new level of sexual activity requires consent.
Use of agreed upon forms of communication such as gestures or safe words is acceptable, but must be discussed and verbally agreed to by all parties before sexual activity occurs.
Consent is required regardless of the parties’ relationship, prior sexual history, or current activity (e.g. grinding on the dance floor is not consent for further sexual activity).
At any and all times when consent is withdrawn or not verbally agreed to, the sexual activity must stop immediately.
Silence is not consent.
Body movements and non-verbal responses such as moans are not consent.
etc etc"""""

We have NOW even gone BEYOND this with these allegations and people being fired, etc.

AND WITH NO PROOF OF ANYTHING in many cases. JUST AN ALLEGATION.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sexists to face tougher sentences under plans to make misogyny a hate crime