Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Is something set wrong?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 alpha__waves
Msg: 1
Is something set wrong?Page 1 of 1    
Why is the site suggesting me profiles that I don't match their criteria? "X only receives messages from certain users" and whatnot. Why'd you show me them, then? Am I missing something here? Is it a profile setting or something?

It's a simple inquiry but apparently not 200 characters worth of an inquiry. I like eggs bennedict. Long enough, ha ha?
 saintclara
Msg: 2
Is something set wrong?
Posted: 12/17/2017 2:06:50 PM
Because those profiles are not being shown to you personally! They are being shown to millions of people! They don't sort out profiles just for you like you are centre of the universe and every male on here has their own personal sorting office ! Seriously is this the type of dudes out there in cyber space! Entitled
 alpha__waves
Msg: 3
Is something set wrong?
Posted: 12/17/2017 2:14:00 PM
What are you talking about? I'm talking about suggestions after I'm logged in.
 saintclara
Msg: 4
Is something set wrong?
Posted: 12/17/2017 2:28:48 PM
You getting lippy with me now and splitting hairs suggestions are also automated
 alpha__waves
Msg: 5
Is something set wrong?
Posted: 12/17/2017 3:08:09 PM
Be clam, man, no lip here. I'm not the one crying 'entitled prick living at the center of his universe' here, after all.

I'm just trying to send s few messages while I've got a little time here (I'm a busy person), as I'm not getting any views or messages otherwise. Found a couple of profiles that looked interesting, including a gal into heavy metal so I figured I was getting matched on interests, so I shot a message and I'm not in her criteria. Happened last night too. Not sure why the site is showing me non mutual criteria here...
 notyourbusinesss
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Is something set wrong?
Posted: 12/17/2017 3:23:00 PM
Can't you recognise a feminist? 😳
PoF will display any kind of profiles,hoping that you will bend the Alpha rules and become a bohemian martyr for the great cause of Domme-nism.. and make you look at them ad recognise them as Saints 😂😂😂
 saintclara
Msg: 7
Is something set wrong?
Posted: 12/17/2017 3:41:59 PM
^^^^You calling me a feminist? I'm not no feminist because feminists want equality and I don't want equality ! I expect the man in my life to treat me fcking special if his having sex with me not treat me like his buddy!!! and if he THINKS Im work buddy treatment and can treat me like anyone else well his screwed from that point onwards!!!!
 notyourbusinesss
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Is something set wrong?
Posted: 12/17/2017 3:45:26 PM
Zanex,forgetting about your Ex 😳
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Is something set wrong?
Posted: 12/18/2017 8:42:26 AM
Notya'

The so called "matching" is strictly for gender, age range and area you are in.

I get "matches" every day, and my category is NOT LOOKING.
 Walts
Msg: 10
Is something set wrong?
Posted: 12/18/2017 12:38:19 PM

^^^^You calling me a feminist? I'm not no feminist because feminists want equality and I don't want equality ! I expect the man in my life to treat me fcking special

Why would you expect someone to treat you special, when you are basically a copycat version of a few wannabees here that consistently raise their heads after being left out of the game while playing in the real world??????

On topic. The "matches" that POF shows you is generic, at best OP. I get matched with all kinds of women who hate drugs and proclaim their sobriety daily. Just plain silliness if you ask me.
 UnKnownNYMale
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Is something set wrong?
Posted: 12/18/2017 1:31:40 PM

Because those profiles are not being shown to you personally! They are being shown to millions of people! They don't sort out profiles just for you like you are centre of the universe and every male on here has their own personal sorting office ! Seriously is this the type of dudes out there in cyber space! Entitled

You getting lippy with me now and splitting hairs suggestions are also automated

^^^^You calling me a feminist? I'm not no feminist because feminists want equality and I don't want equality ! I expect the man in my life to treat me fcking special if his having sex with me not treat me like his buddy!!! and if he THINKS Im work buddy treatment and can treat me like anyone else well his screwed from that point onwards!!!!

You're one dandy piece of work, aren't you? (Rhetorical.)
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Is something set wrong?
Posted: 12/18/2017 5:22:12 PM
[ [^^^You calling me a feminist? I'm not no feminist because feminists want equality and I don't want equality ! I expect the man in my life to treat me fcking special if his having sex with me not treat me like his buddy!!! and if he THINKS Im work buddy treatment and can treat me like anyone else well his screwed from that point onwards!!!!] ]

is it just me or does the replying poster SaintClara write a lot like NATALY???
 alpha__waves
Msg: 13
Is something set wrong?
Posted: 12/18/2017 7:40:21 PM

On topic. The "matches" that POF shows you is generic, at best OP.

Well, hopefully a system so random will be putting my mug in front of a good variety of ladies then. :-)

Then again, I get no visitors on my profile at all. Maybe I'm too ugly for PoF. ¯\(°_o)/¯
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Is something set wrong?
Posted: 1/10/2018 1:31:36 AM
It is just automatic, that is all.

Nothing to do with your settings etc.
 Nestaron
Msg: 15
Is something set wrong?
Posted: 1/10/2018 5:00:44 PM
OP It matches depending how many are in area if there is not enough in your categories it defaults back to original setting or something close like if you remove smoking it gives you smokers in order to balance it. Well that's what mine does so I filtered certain ones say body type they could put prefer not to say and you are so getting them first.

is it just me or does the replying poster SaintClara write a lot like NATALY???

No her tone is totally in line with a different one no names needed she knows who she is.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Is something set wrong?