Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Christmas & Boxing Day 2017      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Christmas & Boxing Day 2017Page 1 of 1    
Hi there, its only me..

I decided to post this to let you all have the chance to tell us about how your 2 special days went.

Did they go as planned or did both days go in many different directions..

I`m only able to post 2 in 10 on here so my replies will be either far apart or quite long :-)

Bryan
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Christmas & Boxing Day 2017
Posted: 12/27/2017 7:13:18 AM
Bryan, hope yours went well, I suspect it did, you seem to be in the privileged position of being comfortable in your won skin.

Christmas Day went well. As could be expected. I didn't forget any cards nor presents. The motorways were relatively quiet. The turky was nice and an excellent plum pudding.

Boxing days is a sigh of relief. Just another day to get through before my real life kicks back in, not that that is hugely exciting.

I did switch the TV back on, fist time in about 5 years. Usual old crap. You don't even need to buy the TV Times, last years will do. The , Green Mile, Kellys Heros, Top Gear, endless Carry Ons, even the news is the same. Reminds me of the old song "Have you heard the news, what did it say, who's won that race, what's the weather like today". Catch up is better - just choose the best.

p.s. i think if you start a post you aren't limited to 2 in 10 and if you do come across that little problem, try being a bit more verbose. Pof loves BS.
 Paulineandsalem
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/27/2017 7:32:25 AM
You are limited to 2 in 10 if you start a post. It will kick in at some point. Hope you had a nice Christmas
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2017 10:28:09 AM
Let's see - Christmas Day mostly in bed with stinking cold.....
Boxing Day, propped up behind shop counter
trying to look enthusiastic.......no staff until January
all the joys of running your own show........

vlad dracul
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2017 12:14:16 PM
Happenin Bryan?

Crimbo was quiet mate. Pot noodle and some bombay saphire. Crimbo was on hold as the auldest two and haud it and daud it the twins were at their prick of a dads.

But boxing day, well kick on. A wee cognac for brekkie. Son in law got me at 11. Up and got attacked by various bairn and dribs the nicest hound i have ever seen as a pet. She is barry with all the bairns and stands guard over wee 4 month auld smiley bairn.

A lovely big hamper in a Hibees box. Cheeses, chutneys, jams, crackers, crisps, sweeties, craft beers (one called Nanny State lol only 0.5 in alcohol. A horrible trick to play on a grandad) and a bottle of port.

Everything bought from dobbies wee craft shop.

Dinner time. Prawn****ail and pate starter. The twins guzzled most of the pate, Turkey, thick cooked slices of ham, stuffing, mashed tatties, roast tatties, corn, peas, parsnips, gravy and the evil ones. Carrots and sprouts. Bucks fizz and proseco chasers.

Settee bound grandad. Sleeping grandad. About to get his face painted as he slept but woke up just in time grandad. Time to get hame grandad. Taxi and hame hamper laden.

Just guzzlin port and scranning cheese watching the Hibees. The ba wis well over the line cheating merrick gits.
 Hostess68
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2017 1:01:15 PM
I'm so glad I have a sister who loves me and gives me amazing Christmases every year. Good food, good company, lovely gifts all round. A nephew to tell me he loves me and boxing day at the dog racing though I didn't win. I feel lucky. They are my only family. I don't have any other. I feel so sorry for those that have none x
 Paulineandsalem
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/27/2017 3:42:29 PM

I'm so glad I have a sister who loves me and gives me amazing Christmases every year. Good food, good company, lovely gifts all round. A nephew to tell me he loves me and boxing day at the dog racing though I didn't win. I feel lucky. They are my only family. I don't have any other. I feel so sorry for those that have none x

I don't have lots of family either, but the family I do have are wonderful and love me( and me them)

Glad you had a good Christmas.
 Squareslice
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/27/2017 7:42:51 PM
4 special days ahead.... triple pay in Embra from 30th til 2nd.... yay the scrubber.

I actually had a glorious xmas.... my pal rang me on xmas morn n said I was getting picked up to him n his mrs for dinner.
On boxing day, I had xmas dinner (again) with Bambi. She is my wee besty. We crashed on her sofa watching films.
Got the bus home about 7am after feeding her n me coffee

Embra the morra.....
 Squareslice
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/27/2017 8:00:29 PM
No the morra.... lost track o days.... Saturday ffs

psst, Bryan.... copy n paste the 2 in 10 message n that gets ye by the restriction
 flossiescratchwood
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2017 5:06:49 PM
Well christmas day was a day to remember.Stayed at son's granny and grandads, the outlaws. Ex Father in law decided to launch himsself down the stairs.Copious blood spillage, a worrying few minutes before he responded properly, lying face down, arm at a very weird skewiffy angle. Ambulance called , me and mother in law rest of day in A and E.Got home 9/9.30pm. FIL stayed in overnight, returned Boxing Day with a big fat nose stitched all the way up the middle, two terrific black eyes and a badly dislocated shoulder.

Not sure how the paramedics concentrated with all the grandad, grandson banter going on....3 lairy lads ...who's your favourite grandson, what's your PIN grandad, you're in our safe hands grandad. Did the job , distracted him a bit till the gas and air and morphine kicked in!

Boxing Day was somewhat of an anti climax after that peformance.
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2017 6:40:53 AM
Hi,

Its been really great reading all your replies and I`m grateful for you all taking time to post.

Chappy- My Christmas was really quiet apart from 2pm till 4pm christmas day when I went down to my local boozer and had a few festive beers with the locals, its my first Christmas here in Altofts so I decided to see how it would pan out.

Bunny- I hope that your recovering from your cold and that business is going good.

Vlad - Sounds like you had a hectic but magical day with family.

Square - Bet your looking forward to your 4 triple pay days eh...oh and thanks for the heads up with the 2 in 10 thing, much appreciated.

Flossy - I do hope that the person who fell down the stairs is recovering ok and that the rest of your Christmas was trouble free.

Bryan

Bryan
 Aggers
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2018 5:29:03 PM
Glad everyone, on the main, enjoyed! Mine followed true to the usual, on my own, no Christmas Dinner just a typical TV microwave thingy, watched Doctor Who, spent 90 minutes looking for the dog after he ran off, little sod and got sloshed on Stella Artois. In bed by 10! Hey ho, not perfect, but I make the most of it and enjoy it as much as I can! I’ve never really been a Christmassy person, tbh, would love to be, but when you are the outcast of your family, you get on and survive!
 heavenlivesnear
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2018 3:46:37 AM
^^^^^ your dog ran off and got sloshed on stella..? hope he had a hangover next day...

thats shocking... what kind of dog dumps his mates on christmas day to go and get drunk on beer...

dogs are such... dogs..
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Christmas & Boxing Day 2017