Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Are There Sexual Assault Double Standards?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 introvertedkinkster
Msg: 1
Are There Sexual Assault Double Standards? Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADNb5AAlZtA

The people in the panel make me wanna puke. How can you trivialize a man's experience of feeling discomfort of an unwanted sexual advance just because women suffer it too? This is placing men below human, and not to mention, below women.

It isn't different! If a man feels discomfort, he's a victim. Just like a woman.
 magicstillaroundme
Msg: 2
Are There Sexual Assault Double Standards?
Posted: 12/27/2017 10:26:37 PM
You are mistaken sir. It is not a problem because it is not a problem. A man who feels discomfort is defective. A woman who feels discomfort is a liar. Both so called victims should be ignored unless measurable harm can be proven. Note: Measurable AND Proven. We already ignore men. The trick is to start ignoring women.
 Cynderella
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2017 1:31:00 AM
^^^

A woman who feels discomfort is a liar.

I can't find the words to respond to this statement.

No one deserves to feel or be taken advantage of male
or female.

Bottom line we all deserve respect and understanding.

Till proven otherwise.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2017 4:36:47 AM
More than anything else, what needs to be recognized, is that you can't treat EVERYBODY as though they are one kind of person.

Yeah, it's true that no matter what we set up to protect innocent victims, some schnook is going to use it to take unfair advantage, and pretend to be one of the victims when they really are not. But if you declare that you are therefore going to ride roughshod over all the victims, just to make sure no fake ones sneak in, you're making yourself into the worst kind of dishonorable, lazy, self-destructive fool that there is.

Are there double standards in the world? Yup, everywhere you look. But again, so what? Are you going to throw EVERYONE into the garbage can, because one or two fail to think clearly?

Solution I found a long time ago: old fashioned personal honor.

YOU know when you are treating another person in a way that you wouldn't tolerate if it were done to you.

So stop doing that.
 benartflick
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/28/2017 5:46:54 AM

The people in the panel make me wanna puke. How can you trivialize a man's experience of feeling discomfort of an unwanted sexual advance just because women suffer it too? This is placing men below human, and not to mention, below women.

I thought your so-called victim reacted like it was a 'funny memorable experience'. He's still smiling about the incident. Even now it seemed like he was trying hard not to laugh out loud.

Of course what that attractive young woman did was inappropriate, but you're implying her grabbing resulting in stress or fear similar to a woman being grabbed by Hulk Hogan? Perhaps I might agree with you if that girl looked like Rosie O'Donnell or my ex-mother-in-law. Methinks that guy wouldn't be constantly smiling about being grabbed if that was the case.

What if a man grabbed you there? Okay to punch his lights out or hit him with a bat if he's twice your size?

That girl can grab me and I probably wouldn't be slapping her hand away. If she looked like Rosie, I would be annoyed but not overly upset. You would be overly upset if THAT girl grabbed you?
 Whisky_River
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/28/2017 9:16:52 AM

It isn't different! If a man feels discomfort, he's a victim. Just like a woman.

Yes....true. If someone touchs a man inappropriately...and he doesn't like it...he better say it.
Let them come forward.
Did you miss the end of Kevin Spacey's career...btw?

@ben
So all men want to be groped by "only" good looking women....something to think about...eh
Were all the men...that the women reported "ugly" to them ?
 introvertedkinkster
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/28/2017 3:18:14 PM
magicstillaroundme

You are mistaken sir. It is not a problem because it is not a problem. A man who feels discomfort is defective. A woman who feels discomfort is a liar. Both so called victims should be ignored unless measurable harm can be proven. Note: Measurable AND Proven. We already ignore men. The trick is to start ignoring women.

Everyone, any gender, has the right to be pissed with others who are groping you without your consent and without any special arrangement with the said person.

When it's unproven, the person who is accused needs to also be considered. When it's proven, it's totally indefensible.

This is about proven examples...such as examples caught on camera or witnessed in public. Not unproven claims.

benartflick

I thought your so-called victim reacted like it was a 'funny memorable experience'. He's still smiling about the incident. Even now it seemed like he was trying hard not to laugh out loud.

Yeah he was so happy about it that he blocked her from facebook. People who think like you are a part of the problem. Just because the said male wasn't crying about it, that doesn't mean that it didn't make him feel discomfort. If he didn't feel discomfort, he wouldn't have blocked her from facebook.

Of course what that attractive young woman did was inappropriate, but you're implying her grabbing resulting in stress or fear similar to a woman being grabbed by Hulk Hogan? Perhaps I might agree with you if that girl looked like Rosie O'Donnell or my ex-mother-in-law. Methinks that guy wouldn't be constantly smiling about being grabbed if that was the case.

It doesn't matter who it is that's sexually touching you. If you don't like it and it was not agreed upon, it shouldn't get treated any different to the next case, and the one after that, and all other cases.

It's a seriously stupid standpoint to consider who is the one doing the sexual harassment over how the person on the receiving end feels about it.

If a woman complained about being groped, can I try to downplay it by saying that the male who was doing it was good looking? Not to mention, does one person appear good looking to everyone? That type of thinking would never be accepted when a woman is on the receiving end but it certainly is accepted by plenty of people when its the other way around. It's disgustingly sexist. It's pretty much neglecting the feelings of men on the receiving end.

You would be overly upset if THAT girl grabbed you?

Most definitely because I never consented to it. I never had any special arrangement with her. Therefore, it is plain wrong for her, regardless how good looking she is, to randomly grope others.

Your argument seems to be that good looks gives you a special magic pass to be a sexual harasser.

Great, so that must mean it would be okay for Brad Pitt to do the same to women. The women on the receiving end shouldn't feel uncomfortable because it's Brad Pitt! Why should they? Gotta larf
 benartflick
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/28/2017 4:06:54 PM

@ben
So all men want to be groped by "only" good looking women....something to think about...eh

My guess most men DON'T want to be groped in public by ANY woman. I was responding to the OP's post about the guy in that video. The victim was still smiling about the woman groping him. I think if that guy was a woman and a man had groped her, she wouldn't be smiling or thinking there was anything remotely funny about it. My opinion!

I might be a bit prudish when it comes to groping even a spouse's butt in public. It seems inappropriate to me - especially a two cheek grasp on a dance floor. I don't care for friendly butt slapping either - especially a man slapping my butt for any reason.

That kind of stuff is a little stressful to me, but that's my problem. I accept the fact that we're all different. I don't criticize others for doing things that bothers me. I don't like to be hugged and kissed by family members and wives and mothers of friends. Most people probably don't have a problem kissing and hugging family members or strangers when they first meet. I do! Oh, I wouldn't have a problem kissing a beautiful stranger most of the time.

There are plenty of things we all should agree on. For instance: it's wrong to grab a woman's crotch without her permission. We all agree on that - right?

On the other hand, it's probably okay for any attractive woman to grab a single man's crotch 33% of the time in public - perhaps 99% in a private office or on the back seat of a car. I've been grabbed many times - only one complaint due to whom the onlookers were. If it had happened in front of male friends, I would have been laughing and joking.
 benartflick
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/28/2017 4:42:46 PM

Your argument seems to be that good looks gives you a special magic pass to be a sexual harasser.

No argument!

Yes, beautiful women can sexually harass me and I'm sure most (if not all) my single friends wouldn't care.

Plenty of older women were thrown in jail for having sex with 15 and 16 year old boys. I'm sure you agree that's appropriate. I don't!

I recall trying to have sex with at least five older women when I was 15 and 16. Trust me - it would have been a pleasure. Perhaps I would be sending them a thank you card every year. Unlike you - demanding they should be behind bars for taking advantage of you.

Watch the movie, "Summer of '42". I grew up in that area. Maybe that's why my friends and I think the same way as the author did.

Men being sexually harassed? Yeah - right. That might make a great comedy. On the other hand, a woman being sexually harassed - drama. Methinks most men and women are different. You think otherwise - that's okay with me.

Yet, I was pissed off when a male co-worker was fired for calling a woman a *unt. Two women provoked him and called him a *rick and a**hole before he responded. I still don't get it. I don't recall anyone agreeing with me that his discharge was 'unjust'. That was a case of double standards with an actual male victim. The guy lost his job. That's worse than being grabbed by a woman. Most men don't care and many would give her ten minutes to let go.

I don't consider a single man smiling about being groped by an attractive woman a victim even if he did block her on Facebook.
 introvertedkinkster
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/28/2017 5:06:10 PM

Yes, beautiful women can sexually harass me and I'm sure most (if not all) my single friends wouldn't care.

Most men don't care and many would give her ten minutes to let go.

How do you know that? Do you speak for them? So all these men are okay with it even if they are married or in a relationship and deeply in love with someone else?

It seems that you are trying to imply an expectation that should be policed on a whole gender. Which is just because you're a male and the said sexual harasser is good looking, you don't have a right to have a problem with it. If you do, it means there is something wrong with you, not the said woman who is groping you without your consent.

As I mentioned before, does everyone think one certain person is attractive? You may think a woman who gropes a man is attractive. That doesn't mean the male getting groped also thinks she's attractive.

Your argument seems to be all about policing men's thoughts and telling men how they should think and feel when they get groped. Apparently, men aren't allowed to have a problem with it. No wonder why men act a certain way about it in front of the camera and an audience. If a male acts negatively about it, we have people like you trying to invalidate his feelings. Ya know, the woman is good looking, so how dare you complain! There must be something wrong with you.

Treating women that way would be considered as misogyny and chauvinism.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2017 7:59:49 PM
What is the difference? Men are afraid of being embarrassed. Women are afraid of being dead. Relatively large is the population of males that can kill females with their bare hands. Relatively small (as in minuscule) is the population of women who can kill a man with her bare hands.

While back, a guy was teaching women in a self defense class. One maneuver, if being raped, was eye removal. Place hands on either side of face, insert thumbs next to nose, and push, then scoop. Stops rape instantly. And provides a perfect get away. Problem? The women wouldn't use it. Talk about a groomed population. . . .
 magicstillaroundme
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/29/2017 3:40:44 AM

Everyone, any gender, has the right to be pissed with others who are groping you without your consent and without any special arrangement with the said person.

No. They really don't. This assertion is just recent pop culture bullsheet. At the moment, your "rights" are what the most extremist maniacs on twitter say they are. Next year, it may be Breitbart that decides what your rights are. I doubt very much that either would recognize YOUR right not to be groped. Jefferson was wrong. You are not endowed by your creator with certain inalienable rights. You are allotted by your earthly superiors certain transitory concessions subject to modification or revocation at any moment.

It seems that you are trying to imply an expectation that should be policed on a whole gender. Which is just because you're a male and the said sexual harasser is good looking, you don't have a right to have a problem with it. If you do, it means there is something wrong with you, not the said woman who is groping you without your consent.

You shouldn't use the word "gender." It is the exclusive property of ugly and deranged women. To your credit, you call out this guy for being an idiot. He is but not for the reason that you think he is.

If a male acts negatively about it, we have people like you trying to invalidate his feelings.

Invalidate his feelings?! Are you kidding me? You must be the secret love child of Dr. Phil and Oprah. Look. there is no way that you will ever be able to claim hurt feelings. Like it or not being born male takes that off the table for you. I'm not going to get into the "gender roles and stereotypes" nonsense because nonsense is what it is. What is at work here is raw endowed power. She gropes you; you feel bad; you express your "feelings"; she calls 911 and accuses you of rape; you go to prison. The prevailing narrative is "believe the woman." Not believe the male feminist ally" or "believe the hipster SJW with feelings." If you are a man and a woman gropes you, pretty or not, you take it and you shut up about it. She owns you and she knows it.

Sex does not determine your behavior or potential but it does determine the environment that you must struggle against. As it happens, groping by females with impunity is part of your environment. Feelings are not part of your issued tool kit.

dsse
 cobster11030
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/29/2017 7:40:18 AM
Women flirt with and go after married men all the time. They have no shame in doing so either.
They don't care if the guy is married or has kids.
Of the married guys I know, if a woman came up and grabbed them in the "midsection" away from a group of people, not one of them would resist.

Then of course there is the recent story of the University of Oklahoma star running back. In the last month or so, he was accused of sexual assault. The police came in and did an investigation. All the news made it back to his hometown.
His stellar reputation was dragged through the mud. Turns out he wasn't guilty of anything and everything against him has been dropped.
 toocash
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/29/2017 11:42:57 AM
"""" There must be something wrong with you.""

You got that right. If you have followed my arguments with flick, there is something seriously wrong with him. That is an uncontroverted fact. Very sad. He will never see it though. It's part of his incurable illness.
 cobster11030
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/29/2017 12:57:45 PM
I think it is criminal what happened to the OU back.

In time it will all blow over. But for now, his reputation has taken a serious hit. The girl was full of s_ _ _
Everybody goes their merry ways and the only person who takes a hit in it all is the guy who was falsely accused.
If it hasn't been already, I feel the girl's name and picture should be plastered across the media.
 gtomustang
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/29/2017 1:53:51 PM
Look what happened to Richard Jewell

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centennial_Olympic_Park_bombing

guy was just doing his job, and he got slandered as a reward for a job well done.
 cobster11030
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/29/2017 7:19:29 PM
I definitely remember Richard Jewell.
Boy, does he ever have a story to tell.
Very sad.

This all reminds me of that Tom Sellick movie called "An Innocent Man".

Anyways, I'm on my 37th consecutive episode of "Forensic Files" for the day. My goal is to see 48 episodes in a 24 hour period. The commercials are ending so I'll check back later.
 forumslady
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/29/2017 9:14:06 PM
introvertedkinkster- Some of the things being said here are disturbing, to say the least.
I appreciate your effort to bring the issue of female on male assault to the table, I really do, but some of magics comments are nauseating and I wish you would say so, but that is on you.
The numbers are undeniable, women are far more likely than men to be sexually assaulted, or abused, but in NO way does that make it okay if women assault men.
It happens, even though it's rare, it happens and when it does, it needs to be treated the same way as it is when it's male on female assault, of any sort.
I don't know ONE single person that would say different.
 toocash
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/29/2017 9:40:56 PM
""I don't know ONE single person that would say different.***
Ben Artflick says differently. Have you read his posts above? And I can guarantee you there are many low class people in the world who think along the lines of Flick....his being a psychopath does not make him unusual in that regard. As for magic...dont take things he says so seriously. He doesn't.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2017 10:16:20 PM
Girl that said Lewandowski slapped her on the butt, there's a video of her slapping some guy she doesn't know on the butt! These women have some nerve opening their mouths.
 benartflick
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/30/2017 6:49:54 AM

"As for magic...dont take things he says so seriously. He doesn't."

Since you ARE magic, you should know. I'm confident I'm not the only one to notice.

He thinks you're a great guy and YOU never trolled him. Why? Is he your lover?

You didn't notice he's a bigot, has apparent mental problems and is extremely stupid?

You both think it was outrages for a 7 year-old to assault a pervert who sexually molested him. I wonder if any other men or women here feel sorry for the child molester who took advantage of a 7 year-old-child.

You think it's okay to stand and cheer for a child rapist (Polanski) because of his art. You called me a liar for saying numerous people publicly defended him - proving how stupid you are. Anyone with a little common sense could easily find the names of people defending Polanski. Not you! Toostupid - not toocash.

Goldberg said it wasn't rape-rape and implied the victim's mom sold her daughter to Polanski. Weinstein called it a so-called crime. Rape of a child? Gore Vidal called the 13 year-old rape victim a whore. Woody defended him by saying he's an artist. Plenty of people in Hollywood signed a petition to let Polanski return to this country without serving time in jail.

You're incapable of discussing the rape of a child. Certainly you're unable to discuss a less serious topic like a woman sexually harassing a man. You and magic gotta be the dumbest men I ever had the misfortune of running into. I recall another dumb racist I observed in basic training but I think he's probably brighter than you two. It's close!
 toocash
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/30/2017 7:07:04 AM
^^^so sad flick...you continue to prove with every post what a psycho you are. Didn't you forget to tell us the part of the story where you whacked the teenager in the head with a bat because he owed you five dollars. Granted, that would show you were born a psychopath..but too late to change your story now...claiming as a seven year old you knew what sexual molestation was, you allowed yourself to be sexually molested without complaint but then as a 7 year old...retaliated with a baseball bat.

In a way I feel sorry for you. After all, it's obvious you were born a psychopath. It's not like you could help being what you are. It's in your nature. The same nature that compelled you to so defy a federal judge he had a contempt hearing on the issue..by your own admissions, and then threw you off the grand jury panel.

Not to mention of course your admitting to being beaten by cops three times by the time you were nineteen. What is wrong with you Flick? You don't paint a pretty picture of yourself.
 benartflick
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/30/2017 8:28:31 AM
Toocash/magic, if you weren't so stupid, you might understand without explanations. The stuff I wrote is rather simple to comprehend. Ya gotta be an insane moron. I'm convinced you believe the crazy stuff you post. That's sad!

Your wickedness and lack of common sense is evident in most of your brainless postings. Sure, you're a troll - that's what trolls do, but you're an extremely stupid troll. You don't have any common sense whatsoever and you're heartless.

On a discussion about child molestation I shared an embarrassing experience. That was hard for me to do. I forgot about the lowlife trolls waiting to attack and make fun of victims sharing their painful experiences.

One or two months prior to the molestation my step-dad chipped my front tooth. It happened after he showed me a photo in Life magazine of a child's head crushed by a bus tire. He said that girl was my ex-girlfriend (we had moved). I called him a liar and he gave me a backhand - chipping my tooth. That pervert used to pull down my pants in front of people and spank me any chance he got. That was worse than the chipped tooth incident. That's life for some of us. I know I had it a lot better than a lot of kids growing up. I have some bad memories, but none of them affect me mentally in anyway - other than being somewhat embarrassed.

Okay, I was a stupid and violent kid - for whatever reasons. My childhood wasn't that great. I got over it. I grew up and eventually got a college education. Unlike you, I'm not a mucking idiot now.

The incidents with the cops were minor. If you weren't soooooo stupid, you'd understand. Like many Americans I was assaulted by cops seeking information. I DIDN'T do anything wrong or improper. Cops shouldn't be getting away with assaulting people. It's wrong and illegal. You're clearly too stupid to realize that. Obviously, you are a moron.
 toocash
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/30/2017 8:50:13 AM
Hint flick....repeatedly calling somebody names doesnt make your case. I've never mocked you because you claim you were sexually molested. Besides, since i consider you a pathological liar, i don't believe anything you say.. What I am mocking because it shows a great deal of pathology, is your admission at 7 fuking years old you hit a boy in the head with a baseball bat as hard as you could..because he owed you five bucks...and then you brag about it on this board and gleefully brag how sixty years later he still carries scars from your assault.

No flick, Caucasian teenagers are not routinely beaten by cops seeking information, and no..most people are not so disrespectful and defiant as grand jurors that they violate court orders and have a contempt hearing before a federal judge.

And normal people do not repeatedly attack other people as you have done, attacking your lawyers, doctors, judges, law enforcement officers, museum directors...everybody under the sun..because you have so much contempt and anger towards so many.

You have significant mental issues flick...i won't speculate on the reasons.
 benartflick
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/30/2017 9:25:22 AM
Hey, King Troll/toocash/magic, give ONE example of me lying. Even an idiot like you should be able to come up with one good example (not just the opinion of a known idiot).

Hint, moron, constantly repeating something doesn't make it so.

Saying what I did isn't bragging. Why do you think it was bragging? Also, would it matter to you if it was candy (instead of 5 bucks) and what if I was a little girl? Would that change your opinion? Would it be okay if I was 4 or 5? Whattaya think? Is it true what I heard (and never believed) about Jewish beliefs about sex with children? Ya gotta know what I'm writing about - even though you're naive about most things.

Did I say or imply cops routinely beat teenagers? I shared 3 incidents that DID happen. One involved my UNCLE. It was minor leg slaps every time I said 'huh', but it was enough for my oldest brother to go to his house and confront him. I never met the guy until that day. I had two cousins and two uncles on the Providence police force. I never met any of them (all on my father's side of the family - mom divorced dad when I was 5).

In no way did I suggest I was disrespectful or defiant while I was on a Grand Jury. You are a habitual liar and a moron. Do you actually believe the BS you post on this board?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Are There Sexual Assault Double Standards?