Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Want profile building advice.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lo0king4wife
Msg: 1
Want profile building advice. Page 1 of 1    
I am 40 widowed with young children. How do I go about building a good profile? What do I say, and what do I tell them later? I try to lead with hobbies and fun activities. Actively building my body to attract more women. Maybe this is the wrong type of site for my situation. Should I invest in a single parent dating site?
 Lo0king4wife
Msg: 2
Want profile building advice.
Posted: 1/2/2018 4:18:45 PM
Made a small change. I am not allowed to delete a post.

I am 40 widowed with young bi-racial children. How do I go about building a good profile? What do I say, and what do I tell them later? I try to lead with hobbies and fun activities. Actively building my body to attract more women. Maybe this is the wrong type of site for my situation. Should I invest in a single parent dating site?
 Nyeahsers
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/2/2018 4:45:27 PM
I'll give you the short easy answer: read lots of profiles and imitate them, only with your own style. And don't do any complaining or dislikes like you see on so many women's profiles.
 VeeDub_EVO_III
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/9/2018 11:55:10 AM
I've found that humor works quite well. I receive messages (maybe 20 a week) unsolicited. From what I hear from other guys here, considering women rarely message first, that ain't too bad! :)

Dont do rants, say creepy or controversial things. Leave religion and politics out of it. Don't mention divorce or father's rights. Don't make a list of requirements. Just be happy. Send out positive vibes.

And don't mention that you're currently body building. It makes you sounds like a narcissistic douche, and can alienate some women. Roid monkeys are another pet peeve I see alot here. Work out for your own health. Not because you think it's a requirement women want...
 DrivingHarmony
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/14/2018 11:24:21 AM

Should I invest in a single parent dating site?

Not a bad idea. I think there is a site called singleparentsmeet.com?

Keep your profile positive, nothing negative. No need to discuss info surround widower (I know some guys do that.)
and visit the PROFILE REVIEW section on forums. Good luck :)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2018 11:56:46 AM
Your profile's Way off, man. I don't think you're ready for dating. You're thinking about just yourself, and not putting things in perspective that you are not any more important than anyone else's. You're a just a person in a crowd, from their POV.

1. Your main picture, you look Depressed. Not good. Eliminate that pic.
2. You mention how your wife died. Makes #1 which is always not good, worse.
3. Your name is "Looking 4 Wife" -- wife hunting after mentioning your last one died. Makes #2 even way worse.
4. Your profile is defensive/negative in what you don't want.
5. You mention that you're in shape, which is good, but then that you're building your arms to attract the ladies. Huh? Not good.
6. You mentioned that your "record is clean"? That makes one assume that you're assumed to have one. Not good.

Your mindset/perspective on things is out in left field. You have to think what another person (lady) is going to think. If your profile reflects your day-to-day life and how you think day-to-day, I understand the no-filtered honesty, but it shines a light on you not being in a (healthy) dateable position -- and that you need a change of mindset when it comes to dating/etc. Think about what the Audience thinks. And how/why one way is good, and another's bad. Understanding this helps us follow-thru when we do talk & meet with them.

Advice:
1. Eliminate that 1st pic, put up two more, more a positive expression.
2. Don't talk about your wife dying. Putting Widower as your position speaks for itself.
3. Make a new account with a New Name. Wife-hunters online are a turn-off for a vast vast majority of good picks.
4. Don't mention negativeness, just list a few things that she would be ("I'm interested in a woman who likes to go out on the town once in a while, as well as stay in for dinner & a movie... A woman who doesn't smoke, nor pot, and has a good head on her shoulders.")
5. Just mention that you're in good shape, and still go to the gym (no mention of building something to attract ladies)
6. Eliminate the "record is clean" part.

In a nutshell, taking a whole other, more positive-minded perspective on it.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Want profile building advice.