Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Do my pics suck? Am I old now?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 shaler20
Msg: 1
Do my pics suck? Am I old now?Page 1 of 1    
I know my profile sucks that's fine, just not getting the respondes I got on there a few years ago do I need new pics? I'm honestly not looking long term I just want to jnow if my pics suck or if I'm just older and less attractive now lol
 Nyeahsers
Msg: 2
Do my pics suck? Am I old now?
Posted: 1/2/2018 8:39:49 PM
I had to face the reality that I am older and less attractive. Your pics are only a tad better than mine, and that is not good. At least you have four instead of two.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2018 12:24:17 AM
Best to post this in Profile Review. Pics go with profile, unless you're objectively hot. Tons o dudes online. So I'd pay attention to that too.

Your 1st picture has a facial expression of "B!tch?! Where'd you put the cream? I need cream in this damn coffee!" -- and the other pics, besides the one on the deck (just fine for a secondary pic) has partial head-shots. You want them clear, including the 1st one. The 1st one is fine for secondary... same with the one on the deck.. but I'd get clearer ones, showing your whole head & body.

Combine that with not-so-filled-out profile that just says you work a lot and take care of your dogs -- ehhh, goes in the negative direction, too.
 hemingway234
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/3/2018 4:40:49 AM
Men don't look old, they are ugly from the beginning!
 from site to sight
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/3/2018 6:27:16 AM
Your profile says you're a smoker (smokes occasionally is the same as smoker). That in itself will eliminate a lot of potential dates. Otherwise, I don't see anything else that's a red flag.
 YouRAWancar
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/3/2018 12:02:50 PM

I know my profile sucks that's fine, just not getting the respondes I got on there a few years ago do I need new pics?

Easy to answer.

Go and pick 10 profiles of females you would not date.

Then ask yourself what kind of picture could they post to change your mind.

When you come to the realization that there is nothing they could change then you will have your answer.
 alpha__waves
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/3/2018 1:52:50 PM
They ain't bad. Maybe take a few more. You got the dog one down. You're "supposed" to have one where you're smiling so women know you have all your teeth. Apparently that's a problem somewhere (not where I live).

"Yeah, you're over 30 and therefore are shit. Your market value has plummeted." -Norwegianguy

Keep in mind a few things:

1. You're getting advice from the same six people who give advice on a forum that's about as active as a Syrian nightclub, and they pretty much all have mediocre pictures and will call your pictures mediocre/terrible no matter what they are.

2. Just about every picture looks like garbage on this dumpster fire of a site because it scales any perfectly good pic down to 140 x 60 pix or whatthefucever, and grains the shit out of it when compressing it. My suggestion: Put up a profile over at OkC too where it doesn't ass up pictures like it's still fukin' 1997.
 MsSkeezix
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/3/2018 1:58:07 PM

if I'm just older and less attractive now lol

Well, OP, today you're one day older than you were yesterday. There's no stopping Time.
And 'being older' does not necessarily make you less attractive. Everyone else around you is getting 'older' as well.
It must be your sucky profile! hahaha (no I haven't read it---you said it)

;-)
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2018 5:11:39 PM

just not getting the respondes I got on there a few years ago

Few men- if any- are.

OLD is just not what it used to be.
Lots of profiles on sites, but a much lower level of participation by women overall, compared to years ago, during the glory days.

They passed us by.

In the wink of a young girl's eye.
 cooldog65
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2018 11:59:13 PM

Am I old now?

How traumatized will the OP be when he passes 40, 50, etc...?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2018 1:12:31 AM

"Yeah, you're over 30 and therefore are shit. Your market value has plummeted." -Norwegianguy

I never said that, come on man. 30-40 is a popular user age, so it's good for POF... but for any site, yes, your market will plummet as you age when you're looking for young gals.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2018 5:22:21 PM
Essential to update all d!(k-pics! Women want to see the latest tats and hair trims!!!
 LordSelley
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/13/2018 1:22:10 PM
Do you get 'meet me' notices or do women view your profile? If they do it could tend to suggest you're attractive enough to generate some interest. I looked at your profile. It is pretty empty. In my limited experience I've observed that women tend to put greater value on the written sections than men....so if you're getting views but not responses that may be the reason why.
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/27/2018 7:08:45 AM
OP, learn to be more confident. You will manifest what you believe.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2018 12:38:24 PM

You will manifest what you believe.

Yeah, I wish that concept was literally true. "I believe I can have a 3-some with you two, I believe I can have a 3-some with you two...," then when told No over and over again by the two ladies, it becomes "No means Yes, No means Yes, No means Yes..." :)
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/27/2018 1:02:25 PM

I believe I can have a 3-some with you two

Google The Bunny Ranch in Parumph, Nevada.
Where your dreams will come true...for a price!
 THEMFNMAN
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2018 2:15:02 PM
Every woman has a price at the end of the day, whether it can be paid in money, time, status, or some other need is the operative. Some women are just more upfront about it than others.
 THEMFNMAN
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2018 2:21:06 PM
shaler20, your profile is fine. Your pictures are fine, you look fine.

You're 5'9 and women are extremely shallow about height, so that will eliminate you from about 90% of women right off the bat. Nevermind that many of these same women are like 5'1 and 5'2 themselves which is very short to the point that 5'9 should be perfectly adequate for them, but women do not date with rational thinking. If they did these sites would die because most of these women would have a man already. The majority are holding out for men that are way out of their league, and when they get pumped and dumped (which usually happens with men out of their league) they will be here crying "where have all the good men gone!" when there are probably 50 of them sitting in their inbox unread because they don't meet the unrealistic Chad requirements, smh.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2018 12:37:16 PM
OP -

Yes, your pics suck.

YOU look GREAT!, BUT --

1. Main pic -- good pic but not for main pic. Choose a close up of your smiling face.

2. Scowling. Is that a selfie in your car? The backwards help not helping your case. Take a nice, smiling, close-up of you smiling against blank back-drop (mine is a selfie taken in front of a door). If you have good teeth give us big pearly-white smile in 1 close up. Camera at just above eye level, VERY slight tilt down toward you. Have on a decent solid color shirt or tee.

3. Nice body shot, but bad camera angles, not looking at camera, junk in the pic. Def wear that impressive outfit again. But nice pose, uncluttered back ground, look at us and SMILE.

4. Nice to show us that you are a dog lover. Not interested in dog's dental hygiene. Your Pic 1 with the dog is good enough.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Do my pics suck? Am I old now?