Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Do you do Yoga?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CBGB77
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Do you do Yoga?Page 1 of 1    
I just started doing Eischens Yoga about 2 years ago. Eichens Yoga is an alignment based "restorative" practice. It's really good and I have to do it at least once a week to counterbalance the effects of gravity on my 64 year old body,lol.
 ROSASBLANCASONLY
Msg: 2
Do you do Yoga?
Posted: 3/10/2018 10:48:05 AM
Never, yoga seems very boring, I like exercises that make me sweat.!
===========

But Good for you that you like doing it.:)
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 3
Do you do Yoga?
Posted: 3/10/2018 8:24:25 PM
Last month a blue mat blew on to my patio. I said to a neghbour, "it's a tarp or something". She said "no, it's a yoga mat".
I was either proud to NOT know, or I'm the unhealthiest person. But no I don't do it. I prefer pilates.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Do you do Yoga?
Posted: 3/10/2018 9:04:48 PM
I don't do yoga, but apparently the NIH has studied Eischens Yoga.

Effect of Eischens Yoga During Radiation Therapy on Prostate Cancer Patient Symptoms and Quality of Life:

CONCLUSIONS: A structured yoga intervention of twice-weekly classes is feasible for PC patients during a 6- to 9-week course of outpatient radiotherapy. Preliminary results are promising, showing stable measurements in fatigue, sexual health, UI, and general QOL.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/26590125/
 julystorm7
Msg: 5
Do you do Yoga?
Posted: 3/28/2018 1:10:15 PM
I've tried yoga twice. Once, my muai thai kickboxing class was moved to a new night which conflicted with my work schedule so I signed up for yoga instead. I found it boring. But recently I've designed myself a fitness schedule and I've integrated one yoga session a week in there.
 CBGB77
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Do you do Yoga?
Posted: 5/5/2018 3:10:49 PM

Posted By: julystorm7 on 3/28/2018 315 PM
Subject: Do you do Yoga?
Message: I've tried yoga twice. Once, my muai thai kickboxing class was moved to a new night which conflicted with my work schedule so I signed up for yoga instead. I found it boring. But recently I've designed myself a fitness schedule and I've integrated one yoga session a week in there.

Thats great julystorm7!I also do yoga once a week,go to the gym 5 days a week and ride my bike everyday(when the weather isn't too cold). My girlfriend does kickboxing and yoga too.
 CBGB77
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Do you do Yoga?
Posted: 5/5/2018 5:53:21 PM

Posted By: dragonbytes on 3/10/2018 11:04:48 PM
Subject: Do you do Yoga?
Message: I don't do yoga, but apparently the NIH has studied Eischens Yoga.

Effect of Eischens Yoga During Radiation Therapy on Prostate Cancer Patient Symptoms and Quality of Life:

CONCLUSIONS: A structured yoga intervention of twice-weekly classes is feasible for PC patients during a 6- to 9-week course of outpatient radiotherapy. Preliminary results are promising, showing stable measurements in fatigue, sexual health, UI, and general QOL.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/26590125/

Thanks for the info dragonbytes,I will share it with Yoga instructor.
 47Seagulls
Msg: 8
Do you do Yoga?
Posted: 5/21/2018 8:39:31 PM
I personally find yoga boring as hell, the music is too slow and not loud enough. lol

My brother in law is 72 and has been going to yoga twice a week for about 15 years and man, is he ever limber and "bendie". He also does one aerobics class a week. He is huge into the water drinking and is a vegetarian. Very healthy....because he does not have healthcare coverage so he takes care of himself. He has good genes too which helps.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Do you do Yoga?