Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Age dismorfia      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Hostess68
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Age dismorfia Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
See one of the reasons I don't date is cos I don't look my age (50 this year). I see men my age looking like my granddad so I need a man who looks younger and acts younger than their years. Do I have a chance or do I end up dating my gramps?
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 2
Age dismorfia
Posted: 1/6/2018 8:17:00 PM
The reason internet 'dating' simply does not work
is that everyone thinks they want someone
taller
younger
richer
exciting.

A few years ago, a lady of my acquaintance (who'd just moved in with her boyfriend)
found a stray dog - she kept in her shop for a couple of days
(she's like that)
until the owner turned up to claim it.
I then got about a two hour ear bending about how lush he was..........
I think I popped the balloon when, bored, I ventured
's'pect his wife feels that way too'.
She was aghast, inside that rosy world in her head, the probability
had not even occurred to her.
..........she's still with the boyfriend ...........

must prove something - peeps (being kind) insist on telling me
that 'age is just a number'.
Problem is it seems to get bigger every bluddy year................

RoxyMoronic
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Age dismorfia
Posted: 1/6/2018 11:50:39 PM
^^^during one of my ma’s stays in hospital we were drooling over her heart surgeon, he was gorgeous, when one of the nurses overheard and rather abruptly snapped ‘he’s married!’.....me and my ma looked at each other and burst out laughing. I said ‘are you the wife?’.... ‘no!’.........’you wanna be though eh?’.......she bounced off with flushed cheeks. We did chuckle at that.

Most people who say they don’t look their age, do. They just don’t ‘feel’ their age.
If you don’t want to date your own age, don’t.
I’ve dated (quite a bit) younger in the past but prefer roughly my age or older.
I like bald, I like grey, I like grumpy (as long as it doesn’t translate to nasty), I like wrinkles
I’m a weirdo :)
 rekirked
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Age dismorfia
Posted: 1/7/2018 3:42:59 AM
You spelt deluded wrong. No one thinks they look their age and waste too much time chasing people who disagree with them.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Age dismorfia
Posted: 1/7/2018 5:13:59 AM
Well to be fair kirky......that pic has took years off you ;)
 rekirked
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Age dismorfia
Posted: 1/7/2018 5:19:10 AM
Thanks Roxy, it was good lighting.
 Jacknher
Msg: 7
Age dismorfia
Posted: 1/7/2018 9:08:18 AM
Do I really want to discuss age the day the birthday fairy hammered yet another nail into my delusions of not being/acting/looking this old?

No.....probably not lol
 Squareslice
Msg: 8
Age dismorfia
Posted: 1/7/2018 9:44:50 AM
Hippo bidet Mz Her
 Jacknher
Msg: 9
Age dismorfia
Posted: 1/7/2018 9:49:27 AM
Thank you petal. Much appreciated x
 10ky
Msg: 10
Age dismorfia
Posted: 1/7/2018 10:26:39 AM
Yeah, I totally know what you mean. I love me a good milf too.

1. Date only people you feel comfy dating otherwise there's little point. If that's a younger dude, then be it.

2. I disagree that most people who think they don't look their age, actually look their age. Women these days are keeping their looks longer imo prolly due to a healthier lifestyle, better technology etc.

3. Yes, it must be awful to "have to" date an old dude. It awful to "have to" date a dude of any age let alone.
 scareymush
Msg: 11
Age dismorfia
Posted: 1/7/2018 11:43:45 AM
Reality versus deluded arrogance.....which to choose?

Regardless of age it's very nice and gratifying to meet someone who thinks like you. If you meet someone the same age that will not automatically signal immediate attraction ..why on earth would I suddenly enjoy the company of a man who a few decades ago I would have dismissed as a non-entity on the basis he's a total dope despite our being of equal age....if I couldn't relate to you then I won't relate to you now.

I admire all members of the opposite sex who are kindness personified and have a great sense of humour.
 Aggers
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Age dismorfia
Posted: 1/7/2018 3:06:50 PM

is that everyone thinks they want someone
taller
younger
richer
exciting.

Spot on Bunny!!!

I can relate to this Age dismorfia, with the boot on the other foot.

I have posted this before, my ideal age bracket, in my mind, is approximately 45 to 54-ish. A nice rounded 10% younger and 5/6% older. Nice comfortable numbers, nothing wrong with them in my book and in a perfect world, I would be happy with! The majority of girls in that age group, in my area are looking for something other, with most saying that they are indeed " I look young for my age" they never do and "I am young at heart" and so on. Standard practice I believe.

In actuality, where does that leave some of us guys? Well in my case, I actually get lots of contact from older women looking for a younger man! 58 and above usually, the oldest actually being 72. I never reply, now, but it shows you that the "dating attraction" mind works in mysterious ways for all ages, whatever it may be?

Of course we all have our set mindset of who we wish to be with. I personally am the fussiest bleeder in that respect on this site, always have been and always will be. But I have an understanding of where I am with that! The realisation came one day when I dated a gorgeous lady twice and on the second date she told me that she no longer wanted to see me.

The reason: She said I was a great guy and had all the attitude and personality she looked for; but I was just not good-looking enough for her. She said I would embarrass her looks wise when being introduced to her daughters, family and friends! What a lovely evaluation to be told to your face, eh? I know I ain' t no Brad or George, but I am what I am, at the end of the day. A million Grannies cannot be wrong?
 10ky
Msg: 13
Age dismorfia
Posted: 1/7/2018 3:26:24 PM
^^
I had that happen to me as well. The latest was one Romanian babe via pof. She was wee (5'0 ish) but had a massive pair and a gorgeous, firm arse (from pics). When I contacted her, she was furious. She found it offensive that a dude like me thought that he stood a chance with her. It was hilarious in a way. Anyway, I even offered her 50 quid but she just blocked me a while later. (shrugs)

-all
I strongly believe that age for men is not critically important especially when it comes to dating relatively very young (20s/early 30s) women. I've heard several young women say that they like men up to mid 50s and I know one dude who at 65 married a 35 year old. Marriage lasted till the day he died and they had a bunch of kids too believe it or not. What really matters is not to be a pompous loser (like a certain old someone 0n here). For example, do not go around trying to picture yourself as some sort of genius if you spent your life selling cigs and magazine in a corner shop. Women have a nose for such bollocks imo.
 scareymush
Msg: 14
Age dismorfia
Posted: 1/7/2018 3:32:03 PM
Bloody hell Aggers, you had a lucky escape man!

Imagine being the sort of person who cares more about other people's opinion than what makes you happy....Try as I might, I can't imagine that!

Long live the rebel within!
 Hostess68
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Age dismorfia
Posted: 1/7/2018 3:43:59 PM
I didn't say I want Brad bloody Pit! I said I wanted a man my age who doesn't look 70 ffs! Jesus!
 scareymush
Msg: 16
Age dismorfia
Posted: 1/7/2018 3:57:45 PM
I remember this time when a couple got together where I was working....it was amazing how they both improved in dress sense and style...he was an American from California who dressed in t-shirts, jeans and 'sneakers' she was a local girl who tended to come to work in rather formal gear.

Anyway, he saw something in her and she saw something in him and suddenly they were transformed! He got rid of his Magnum P.I. moustache and began to wear clothes that fit properly and showed off his physique and she became a bit of a Goddess wearing really flattering clothes and having beautiful hair and make-up.

More recently another couple got together at work...that was great fun to observe, the changes in them both were quite subtle...she definitely dressed to impress him and he tidied up himself a lot but it was great gas watching the pair of them in the beginnings of their relationship, the way they set out to impress each other...it was a beautiful love story.....they only had eyes for each other and only cared what each other thought of the other....we used to slag them both mercilessly just to see them blush....they're really hapilly married now 5 years later.
 Aggers
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Age dismorfia
Posted: 1/7/2018 4:08:30 PM
Born:
William Bradley Pitt
December 18, 1963 (age 54)
Shawnee, Oklahoma, U.S.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Pitt

No, he is 54 and he doesn't look 70?

But he is an exception, all said and done! It is in all and sundry a "Free dating site" and is open to anyone of any age, creed, looks, sexuality, intelligence and people who can seem to age at different rates. Christ people even lie about their age! Agreed the standard of people on here can be perceived as not top-notch, but it is what it is!

I tend to believe when people say to themselves. Or indeed their friends say that they "Don't look their age" I agree with the others on here. That individual is a bit delusional, their friends are being kind or they're just not accepting of their own ageing rate. They want to remember how life has been, they cannot accept that it is passing by so quick and feel they may have missed out thus far! Therefore trying to compensate by seeking something maybe unavailable in the wrong places!

If you are 49, embrace it, accept it and go with it! You are a good looking lady and you should be proud! I'm 51 and I am unaware of what age I am perceived to be, but I never shy away from my age in a social circumstance.
 Hostess68
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Age dismorfia
Posted: 1/7/2018 4:17:15 PM
I wasn't talking about online people in my opening post though. I was talking about the 200 odd people I meet everyday. I met a guy who professed it was his 50th birthday when I posted and thought ftw!
 Aggers
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Age dismorfia
Posted: 1/7/2018 4:30:34 PM
^^^
Hence why Real Life dating is far better than Online Dating! If you meet across a crowded room, your Birth Certificate is not pasted to your forehead! It is a guttural, instinctive and animal feeling that embodies your soul and you just know. In that circumstance you are not going to turn them away if your/their age does not suit?

TBH, sometimes we are coming on a shabby website, seeking perfection and it just isn't there? I am of the opinion that all the really good women, who I would possibly want, are already happily ensconced in relationships with their current partners/husbands and not on here looking for me!
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Age dismorfia
Posted: 1/7/2018 10:31:32 PM

I didn't say I want Brad bloody Pit! I said I wanted a man my age who doesn't look 70 ffs! Jesus!

You may have to date slightly younger (5ish years or so?) if the men your age you meet are looking old n weary.
Maybe start hanging round at sporty type venues, older men who keep active often stay in shape and take a certain pride in their appearance:)
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Age dismorfia
Posted: 1/7/2018 11:17:21 PM
I wonder if I look my age??

I`ll be 47 in July.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Age dismorfia
Posted: 1/8/2018 12:21:34 AM
Most of it is down to attitude. People are like cars: it's not the year on the plate; it's the purr of the engine and the lustre of the paintwork. I've had relationships with people up to 10 years my junior and up to seven years my senior, and a younger person can be more set in their ways than an older person.

As long as you're not a deluded twat with a false sense of entitlement beyond your capabilities, like the shaved monkey, who still can't get a date if he offers cash (which of course is soliciting...), there's no reason why success wouldn't be forthcoming.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 23
Age dismorfia
Posted: 1/8/2018 1:32:07 AM
I really can't believe KY is serious with this 50 quid thing -
the only thing he'll get for that is the clap............

Jacknher
Msg: 24
Age dismorfia
Posted: 1/8/2018 2:40:46 AM
10ky wrote......

How do I go about using pof to hire a milf for a couple of hours? Budget is 50 quid max.

Any advice? I don't use any other website n have no intention to.

Soliciting?????? Have we really now become so dumbed down that people now have to type "lol" or " ;) " after something to show they are joking.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Age dismorfia
Posted: 1/8/2018 7:58:02 AM
You're right; just another of his creepy fantasies dreamt up over the chip fryer.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Age dismorfia