Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > I'm addicted to the forums!! anyone else??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ramcharger
Msg: 4
view profile
History
I'm addicted to the forums!! anyone else??Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
If you think its good now you should have seen it a couple months ago! Dayuumm lol, I spent many nights on here picking on my friends, made over 5000 posts and loved it.
But life does get in the way and now I cant find anybody
 Raven34
Msg: 7
I'm addicted to the forums!! anyone else??
Posted: 8/14/2005 10:18:33 AM
I was addicted to them badly.....happened so quick I hardly realized it...lol I have managed to wean myself off a bit but still come in once and awhile to see what is new.
 arwen52
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2010 6:19:50 AM
I've been here for a couple of years, have watched people come & go. It's my guilty pleasure and one of the ways in which I avoid doing the things I should be doing.
 Padawan61
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2010 7:20:42 AM
Although the forums are fun at times ... I can't say that I'm addicted to them. If they were to disappear tomorrow, my life would pretty much go on without much of a hiccup.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2010 10:44:03 AM
I guess I am a bit,and find this dating site has lost its sparkle if I cannot do forums,sure I am able to post now that it disappeared 10 or so days ago,but 90% of the traffic is gone,so there is no one talking,no one responds back to most the posts.

Admin said word from Markus was they are experimenting but now I think thats not whats happening.If thousands here daily do these forums then why has Markus not made a statement,not a novel,mind you,just a howdy,this is whats going on.The reason I am logging in 15 times a day is because of the forum,now I look a tenth that so I am not here to look at his advertising links or anything.I think its better business for him to continue the forum,it creates activity and thats what you need on a date site,especially to make the higher dollar off advertising space.this is a good form of mingling ,this forum thing.Just sayin,might be nice if the boss said anything to his peeps...throw us a crumb,please !
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/10/2010 6:44:46 AM
I dont think I am near as much as I am to flirting with the hot guys on this thing.
The forums add a dimention of entertainment in the midst of my flirting.
I guess Im addicted to both.....
 MrLove45
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2010 7:04:22 AM
yep I have to agree with you OP, I started out just because a friend of mine kept bothering me about checking out the site and all. I have met some nice people, and some real nice females but even I spent about 95% of my time in the forums now so .....welcome aboard, I am still a newby but love the forums....
 luckyhot777s
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/10/2010 8:06:06 PM
No, I'm not addicted at all...

In fact, I quit three times last week....

Seriously I enjoy it to a point, but, its a bit restrictive, so I lost some the initial enthusiasm.

I was on a forum that was more liberal and entertaining, and easier to get that addiction, but in the long run, it was too liberal.
 minako79
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/10/2010 9:57:15 PM
not bad to pass time. i wish markus would fix the link already or something. i hate seeing older posts. its like the forums became slower now.
 calisto04
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/12/2010 5:58:09 PM
The really mean and basic trolls probably would not miss the forums. They could probably find other forums to troll around in with no sense of any loss.

I'm only here for the forums, but don't get as much chance to participate as I'd like. I think if I had more time to be here, I'd be unhappy if they took them away.
 cotter
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2010 6:44:57 PM

Admin said word from Markus was they are experimenting but now I think thats not whats happening.
You do realize that "Admin" IS Markus? They are one in the same.

The reason I am logging in 15 times a day is because of the forum ...
Why in the world do something like that?

Why not just copy the link to your favorite forums into your "favorites" (or whatever that list is) and then just click on it? I'm not too computer savvy, but it's up at the top of my internet page and you can create tabs there. If you right click on it, it gives options ... Open, Open in a New Window, Open in a New Tab, New Bookmark, New Folder, New Separator, Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete, Properties. I created the "tabs" by dragging the link to the tab area.

I have tabs across the top of my internet page with a tab (direct link) for my inbox, for politics, for Current Events, for Off Topic. I never have to log in first to go right to my favorite forum. If I have too many to fit there, at the right, is >> and all I have to do is click on it and it shows me the rest of them.

Anyways, it seems to me that should be easy enough ... especially if I was able to figure out how to do it.

I can't say that I'm addicted to the forums ... I was away for 4 days singing at a convention (this past weekend) and I didn't suffer too badly.

The thing I have always maintained about the forums though ... it gives our profiles depth ... makes them multidimensional. If a man emails me for a date, I always check to see if he posts on the forums. If he does, I read his posts ... they will tell you a lot about a person.

For example, we have quite a few people in here who are posting bigoted and racist things, and that's just something I have no tolerance for. So for sure if I saw that ... I wouldn't even answer his email. Neither would I answer it if it was apparent that he is not a Democrat. Or if he states on his profile that he is non-religious and is in the forums posting religious statements.
 SunnyBlueSkies23
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/28/2011 5:58:24 PM
Danigrl,Believe me....you're not the fist to mis-spell words.......no worries!! I'm SO addicted to these forums, it's amazing! If P.O.F. EVER does away with them.......(shudder)....I wouldn't be happy
 vibrantshe
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/28/2011 9:08:54 PM
I just discovered the boards yesterday. Sometimes it pays to look up. Anyway when I finally noticed that tab that says “forums” I think I found what I was looking for; lots of other people just like me and in the same boat but with lots of different views and experiences.
 SunnyBlueSkies23
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/25/2011 1:26:41 PM
OMG...I just caught that.......I meant to write "first", and I wrote "fist".....I dun gradgidated highskool.too! (For anyone who wants to poke fun at me right now,I misspelled all that on purpose,for a joke! I CAN SPELL!) I really DID graduate from Highschool!! Attended College,too
 SunnyBlueSkies23
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/25/2011 1:27:30 PM
OMG...I just caught that.......I meant to write "first", and I wrote "fist".....I dun gradgidated highskool.too! (For anyone who wants to poke fun at me right now,I misspelled all that on purpose,for a joke! I CAN SPELL!) I really DID graduate from Highschool!! Attended College,too
 rhonda333
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/25/2011 3:51:55 PM
me too, check it several times a day. Hot the rating site at Hot or Not definately has my attention.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > I'm addicted to the forums!! anyone else??