Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > What's wrong with my profile?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bluefish3112
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What's wrong with my profile?Page 1 of 1    
Could I please have some help with my profile? What do you think of the pictures and the about me section? Are there some ways to improve it or help women connect with it? How can I make it better to get the most amount of responses I can? I would appreciate advice on how to have it sound great.
 Forums_only
Msg: 2
What's wrong with my profile?
Posted: 1/16/2018 9:03:11 AM
Two major suggestions:

- we want to see a great smiling head/shoulders shot as a main. With your travels and declared love of the outdoors, photos showing this in your gallery will be helpful.

- 'wants to date but nothing serious' at 37 does not imply someone who is ultimately looking for a relationship. If you are looking for something more casual, leave it, otherwise women looking for something ultimately 'serious' will not respond.

A minor suggestion:

- put Nutella and the other thing in your Interests field.
 bluefish3112
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2018 4:27:03 PM
Thanks!
How is my opening paragraph? Should I leave it as is, change it, or remove it?
 Forums_only
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/16/2018 9:43:12 PM
I get the sentiment, but maybe you could do it in half the words? You get a few milliseconds to engage your viewer's imagination and starting out negatively is not a great idea. BUT - you do turn it positive toward the end, so perhaps a shorter trip to get to the destination? Then it ties in nicely with the second paragraph.
 bluefish3112
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2018 10:04:35 AM
That's a good suggestion. Do others in the forum have ideas, suggestions, thoughts on how to improve the pictures or the about me section of my profile to make it a great dating profile?
 Forums_only
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/4/2018 5:28:52 PM
... on the other hand, I thought the squirrel line was hilarious and (if I were 20 yrs younger and looking) I'd have probably messaged on that line alone. It shows humour and a fun confidence that is sadly missing from a lot of profiles.
 bluefish3112
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2018 8:46:04 PM
Could I please have a review and critique of my profile? What do you think of the descriptions in my profile, my photos, and my screenname? Thank you.
 BretIAm
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/6/2018 3:56:31 AM
You don't look happy in your pictures. I don't see a genuine smile, and your audience won't either. The pictures with multiple people or landmarks take the focus off of you. You're barely visible in those shots. You seem to disappear in a crowd of people when you're not smiling.
 bluefish3112
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2019 2:27:58 PM
Could you please tell me what you think of this version of my profile? Thanks.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2019 3:20:21 PM
Do you have teeth? A full on smile, showing teeth will help. If your teeth are bad you'll need to take care of that.
 Indiallias1111
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/14/2019 5:13:18 PM
I think your pics and profile is good. feel the below sentence is out of line like has no meaning. If deleted profile will be just as good.

For work you could find me handling a wide variety of tasks as an agent for a resort. As someone who always loved to meet new people, help others, and take on new challenges, this has been an extremely fulfilling career for me.

You sound great but also seem free spirited want to go on the move and explore. there will be women into your way of life so no need to change.

Just bare in mind you are 38 and many women younger and older will be tied down by career, or children, or both. in a way if you was say 25 your profile will be like wow. So be yourself just bare in mind how others may view you. Is also hard to judge as you say you love tv is a no no for many but many also like it and if watching tv is you then cool. All in all I think you have it sorted profile wise and pictures and if doesn't work try elsewhere. But reflect your image is a unique image. the age range you may like say 30 plus are either looking to have a family. have a family or looking for mature. So be you just realise your market is fewer than say if had the same persona at like age 25.

All the best to you
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > What's wrong with my profile?