Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > So many angry single people      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 KeswickJim
Msg: 1
So many angry single peoplePage 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
And wow, is there so many of them. Both genders. Angry at the world, angry at the last dozen people who left them, angry at the one who crept into their bedroom when they were 8 and hurt them.
And now, they take it out on us.
Who hasn’t received a message from someone with a simple “Hi” or “Hey There”. We ignore it, or don’t reply within 5 minutes, and BAM, a second message berating us for not replying. Or you look at the profile and see “Ask Me” and nothing else, so there is nothing to go by, and once again, we ignore it, or do a courtesy reply with “I don’t see a match”, and BAM, a message once again berating us for not getting on one knee and proposing then and there. (Sarcasm).
My point is, it’s easy to tell how old these profiles are from the https://www.pof.com/memberxxxxxxxx.htm, where the x’s indicate profile age. I see currently the number is nearing 170000000. Since the assignments are linear, it’s easy to extrapolate and guess when the member joined, cross referencing similar numbers and “date joined” in the forums. Not rocket science.
So I see the older 5 – 10 year old profiles, with the old pictures, also tend to be the ones with the nasty messages just because we didn’t see a match, or they had an empty profile. Anyone who starts a conversation based simply on the persons appearance is headed for disappointment.
I’m back here after a 7 year absence after prolonged illness took my last honey away from me. 18 months of grief over, and we try again. I see many of the same faces, same pictures, same angry responses to courtesy “thanks but no thanks” replies.
I wish the angry ones would get marked up and booted off forever.
 blackbeauty744
Msg: 2
view profile
History
So many angry single people
Posted: 1/19/2018 11:23:46 AM
keswickjim I am sorry to hear about your former significant other. I hope are you able to find what you are looking for.
 zsuzsa62
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/19/2018 12:55:41 PM
"I wish the angry ones would get marked up and booted off forever".
^^^^^
People react to stuff in their own way because we all have different triggers etc. In the same way these experiences have caused a particular reaction in you. (I think some frustration). Now for someone else, this kind of stuff wouldn't be a blip on their radar.
Good luck!
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2018 1:42:36 PM

"Well, you can wish in one hand, and crap in the other, and see which gets filled first. "
 gtomustang
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/19/2018 3:00:38 PM
"angry at the one who crept into their bedroom when they were 8 and hurt them."

>>>never been molested, but I wouldn't denigrate someone mad over that.

the problem with wishing angry people would get booted, is that someone will define your post as angry, and give you the same treatment you wish on other people. If you know how to calculate their XXX, you probably can figure out that if you see the same angry people over and over again, you shouldn't bother with them :)

We look at bad responses, as bad things. We should realize, we could spend a lot of time and money courting these people, and THEN learn they have a bad attitude. This person actually did you a favor, by letting you know now, that you don't want to date them.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2018 3:02:28 PM
Is this a rant? An angry post pointing fingers in every direction and berating people for trying to find LOVE for 10 years? Don't be angry, bro.
 calliopedreams
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/19/2018 3:47:07 PM
So, what you are saying,
Is that the only one allowed to have a bad attitude
Is YOU.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2018 3:53:32 PM
Your comment on an 8 year old being molested and being angry, is very telling to me. Who is coming across as the angry one?? You!! Look at yourself. There is no monitoring and vetting on here, get over it. It is a free site and full of all sorts... Hope you feel better after your rant though.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2018 5:50:46 PM
sigh------

boring, dull post by an angry guy.
sucks to be you.
 calliopedreams
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/19/2018 5:58:58 PM
Dear Jim -

If someone "hurt" you as a young boy, please get help.

Best wishes,
Calliope
 Cynderella
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2018 6:00:13 PM

angry at the one who crept into their bedroom when they were 8 and hurt them.

OUCH!
Some pain no time can heal!
You just learn to live with it!
 backcreek7
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2018 6:02:04 PM
what a horrible thing to go through ~ I feel for you, my friend ...

every now and then, we could ALL use a chill pill ...

^^^
this message doesn't make any sense, is too short & will not be allowed to remain > col
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/19/2018 10:12:43 PM
@OP

I’m back here after a 7 year absence after prolonged illness took my last honey away from me. 18 months of grief over, and we try again. I see many of the same faces, same pictures, same angry responses to courtesy “thanks but no thanks” replies.

sorry for your loss; but maybe you have not yet stopped grieving.
complaing about the same names, faces, replies after a 7 year absence sounds more like an angry rant; as though the same set of pple who you felt were "flawed" 7 years ago....should somehow have changed to suit your expectations.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2018 3:50:26 AM
Gee, I'm sorry that we don't live up to your expectations. So when do we line up for our flogging?

Just because we won't accept the first vertical person that comes along, doesn't mean we have to be lambasted for it. Ok, so your hobby is being married. Nothing wrong with that, if it's your cup of tea. We, on the otherhand, have goals beyond being married. Some of us have grown to like being single. We can do what we wish, answer to no one, have a bowl of cereal for dinner, or chili con carne for breakfast. We pick at each other at times. This forum can often be referred to as the vent zone. You're doing it, why can't we?

So, we're angry. Come back in an hour, We might be thinking different then. Or not.

Stimulating conversation comes out of here. We don't have to get dressed to go have it. Coffee's on here, and I'm not waiting for a waitress to come by for a refill. And by the way, it's done exactly the way I like it. Who'd a thunk it? If we don't care for the topic, or the poster , we're allowed to ignore them.

So we don't rewrite our profiles at a whim. Or update our photos. Doesn't bother us. Go gripe at someone who gives ash*t, or go hollar down an empty rain barrel.
 hemingway234
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/20/2018 4:48:26 AM
People with bad attitudes are not good catches..........it makes sense that there are a lot of them here, they have to end up someplace.
 Call_me_Handy
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/20/2018 5:41:17 AM
Keswickjim do you search these profiles out? We are only a few years apart, both live in Canada, quite different parts but still in Canada and I see hardly profiles like this in my area. Sure there are people who have long running profiles. Guilty of that myself with the profile POF deleted. I was in several relationships while using that profile, I kept it for the forums but many people would let theirs go dormant while in a relationship.

Like others have said you may need some more time to get yourself ready to date, way too soon to be this bitter about online dating.

angry at the one who crept into their bedroom when they were 8 and hurt them.

This is chilling and a little scary, talk to someone please.
 curvylady1965
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/20/2018 6:33:10 AM
Look at the bright side. As Mustang said, an angry profile or angry response just allows you to learn something that could have otherwise taken you a length of time to learn. People respond to things very differently. Some get locked in anger but others respond with incredible grace. Both responses can exist within the same person, depending on the trigger. Choosing to date again will likely expose you to all types. You can make the choice to move on quickly, or get stuck in critic mode.
I am very sorry you lost your partner. I hope the future brings you the qualities you seek in another partner.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/20/2018 6:46:34 AM

. Choosing to date again will likely expose you to all types. You can make the choice to move on quickly, or get stuck in critic mode.

Yes...It's a jungle out there. If "you" get bitter...you have joined the ones you condemn.
Online dating shouldn't be your ...do or die...place to come.
Try to join outside activities and groups.
Good Luck!
 sexandthepof
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2018 9:53:47 AM

I wish the angry ones would get marked up and booted off forever.

"Never wish them pain. That's not who you are. If they caused you pain, they must have pain inside. Wish them healing. That's what they need." - Najwa Zebian
 Robyn143
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2018 3:04:43 PM
Its better to be pissed off than pissed on....in most cases. lol.
 whosmeow
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/20/2018 7:28:10 PM
No one in life gets out free from major life woes, nor the triggers that remain a reminder. We all have our own brand, and we don't always express ourselves in a polite manner. In our humanity sometimes we all fail to be the kind, loving, and understanding people we are usually known to be. Forgiveness, charity, and love therefore shall always be our best assets in an otherwise wacky world.

May peace find us all, and be a reminder that life does bring much happiness when we seek it.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/21/2018 10:17:49 AM
"People with bad attitudes are not good catches..........it makes sense that there are a lot of them here, they have to end up someplace."
Makes sense.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/21/2018 10:48:07 AM

it makes sense that there are a lot of them here, they have to end up someplace."

Dating sites are a microcosm of our society, same people who continue the same behavior patterns.
 DrivingHarmony
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/21/2018 11:47:36 AM
OP:

IMO, it seems to me you have wasted to much time overthinking this online dating process. Spending too much time over the angry ones is not going to get you anywhere. Think of it like this, you are already ahead of the process, you have been here before, you know how it works, stay positive and work it the way it should. And don't give the Angry Birds a second thought. Easy Peasy.

Not rocket science

Exactly....
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2018 12:15:00 PM

Not rocket science

Rocket science is easier.

Six Apollo missions landed men on the moon.

you are already ahead of the process, you have been here before, you know how it works,

Those who have been here before know how it USED to work in the glory days.

Which was much better than now.

But they passed us by.

In the wink of a young girl's eye.

Most people who have been gone for 7 years and come back will find a radical change.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > So many angry single people