Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Random Musings - Talk About Everthing      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Random Musings - Talk About EverthingPage 1 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
The topic is no topic, say what you will. Digress all you want However, the goal is to remain peaceful; threadjacking encouraged! What's on your mind, the weather, sports, places of interest, cars, food, health, maybe even dating!☺ Started in honor of Vlad☺
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Random Musings - Talk About Everthing
Posted: 2/22/2018 3:58:27 AM
Is it just me, but that woman who sings in the Tui ad looks like she has had her fangs slightly sharpened. I don't know what it is but that's the only thing I see in the ad - her teeth.

This guy doesn't like the ad either but for different reasons! http://adturds.co.uk/2017/11/09/tui-aint-nobody-advert/
 vlad dracul
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2018 4:34:33 AM
New yorker
Hearty salutations from Scotland's capital city Edinburgh missus.

Chapster.
When i got sent to the orthopaedics unit at Lauriston the lassie there told me that when you walk up and down stairs you are putting 3 times your body weight on each knee.

My right knee is pain free today thanks to the cortisone. Not one bit of pain in it today. It's a strange injection like. You cannae help but laugh like when you hit your funny bone. And your watching and feeling the needle slide in. Only takes a few minuets but well worth it.

Lovely sunny day here in Little France. Got a washing on and i can lob it outside for a wee while.

Mind i was telling you about the RBS letter i got saying they had more money to pay out regarding something to do with selling ppi? I was MEANT to hear by the 24th January. They have sent me a text saying it will now be the 31st March. Bunch of berkely hunts.

At last a thread that is free of the chains.

Kirk
How's the cucumber sandwich eating southern softie then? Shrugs shoulders and laughs contemptuously. Whilst thinking about buying some whisky and haggis crisps.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2018 5:11:59 AM
I remember this recipe by Oscar Wilde for cucumber sandwiches:

Take one cucumber, peel the skin off.

Slice thinly.

Marinate in vinegar and pepper.

Thinly spread butter on plain white bread.

Lay marinated cucumber slices on a slice of bread and cover with another slice.

Cut crust off and cut into triangles.

Throw in bin.

Have a gin

p.s Vlad, thanks for the continued interest in my knee. Off for an X ray in a couple fo weeks and thn we'll see. The Docs here seem to be uninterested in the cortizone injections, will find out more in a few weeks. In the meantime I am happier than yesterday tc.
 Squareslice
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/22/2018 5:27:15 AM
Waterproofed a tent. Now to check my canoes.... gettin near foraging season n need to be prepared. Wild garlic will be up soon.

PS... Edinburgh is the current capital... Scotland his hid mair capitals than Ah've hid hot dinners (jist keepin the east/west keech goin til Saturday... then we unite against the auld enemy)
 vlad dracul
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2018 5:42:18 AM
Slice
"PS... Edinburgh is the current capital... Scotland his hid mair capitals than Ah've hid hot dinners (jist keepin the east/west keech goin til Saturday... then we unite against the auld enemy)"

Aye me and the weegie will stand shoulder to shoulder this weekend when we play the southern softies. Then we can get back to showing just how great Edinburgh is.

New Yorker
Ask the weegie if HIS city has a massive big castle in the city centre AND a dormant volcano as you head to the southside of MY city. AND a castle that stands a mile from my hoose where Mary Queen of Scots resided. AND roslin chapel just four miles away. OR Gilmerton cove which is around a mile from my home as well.

I rest my case. So there.

Chapster
The lassie at the x ray place at lauriston let me take a photie of my x ray. Any white bits at the knee joint is where the cartlidge has gone and that is where the bones rub together.

If you ever try the cabbage poultice let me know how it goes.

I belled my mate today. He has knackered knees and hips and his doctor wouldnae give him cortisone injections either. I'm no sure the reluctance to administer something that gives pain relief.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2018 9:08:56 AM
Vlad, it's a picturesque town. The castle is beautiful and Giles' Cathedral. It's nice being near the water. I think it makes temperatures more moderate, so not as cold as inland. Where I live in Washington state, its beautiful because it's so green, has lots of mountains (Mount Rainier, which is a volcano) and wildlife, but the architecture is newer and not as nice as in New York where I've always lived.

Chap, are the cortisone injections free?
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2018 9:32:06 AM
Indeed thy are Ms NewYork. But the Doctor is boss. I've just looked them up, they aren't for everyone and maybe I'm not at that stage yet.

The NHS isn't perfect but it does mean everyone is covered regardless of wealth. People can and do choose to pay for private medicine but it is usually NHS Doctors in their spare time anyway.

It's sad, I have 4 friends with terminal cancer. One has prostate cancer, it's his 8th year with it, not bad for that disease. He's just starting a course of Radium treatment which at £5000 dose isn't cheap, but still free on the NHS.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2018 10:38:01 AM
I don't know how much cortisone shots are, but I bet they're expensive, like everything else in life. It's like everything jumped up a lot in price in the last several years.

I think prostate cancer is curable if you catch it early.
 Mikitaka
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2018 1:27:42 PM
Well Chappie I wouldn't go near cortisone. There's many an ex football player who is crippled today through using them in their heyday. If you kill the pain, you think you are improved and grind the old bones away without remorse. I've played sport actively all my life. I even played 7 games in 6 days in my heyday (played 2 games of rugby for different teams in the same day). So I've accrued a bit of wear and tear.
I was almost giving up 5 aside football a few months ago as the swelling on my knee was still there a week later and getting worse every game. I took a few weeks off and cut right down on bread (my staple diet was cheese sandwiches daily at work). I replaced it with porridge and a few months later I'm whizzing about the park like a 12 year old again. Worth a try, if nothing else it'll help you understand the Glasgow accent.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2018 2:23:30 PM
I don't know if it applies to all kinds of arthritis, but it's said grain encourages inflammation. Some people go low carb, no grain, or follow the ketogenic diet, that's low carb:

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ketogenic-diet-your-complete-meal-plan-and-supplement-guide.html
 Squareslice
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/22/2018 4:02:52 PM
New York city was based on Glasgow... that's where the grid system came fae

psst... dinna crack a light tae Vlad, but Ah like Auld Reekie. Seen bits o it folk actually fae there haven't even heard of!

Wan mair thing... Ah'm havin a wee suspicion that NY is Jenny Agutter in reality.... mair than a wee semblance there
 NewYorker58
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2018 12:10:17 AM
I didn't know that about NY's grid system. I'm thinking I don't look like her☺ My new main pic is older, because I'm not dating now, but one is from Oct 2017.

There are people that live in NY that have never been to the Statue of Liberty on Ellis island where immigrants used to come thru while immigrating back in the day. People can live their whole life someplace and never really look around for obvious places to go and not obvious places. I like to discover new things.

Glasgow looks nice too. You also have beautiful architecture, like the Glasgow Cathedral.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2018 2:51:08 AM
and Liverpool has the greatest number of listed (protected) buildings outside of London in the UK!

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2018 3:37:11 AM
Miki
"Well Chappie I wouldn't go near cortisone. There's many an ex football player who is crippled today through using them in their heyday. If you kill the pain, you think you are improved and grind the old bones away without remorse."

Sorry but i think our lines of work (mine and chapsters) are not the same as sportsmen or women. Yes many an auld football player is now suffering the effects of cortisone injections because they never played they never got wages.

Have you ever been up a ladder painting where your knees on the rung of the ladder is what is keeping you from falling? It's bloody sore mate. I used to fill myself up with painkillers before my replacement knee and the cortisone.

Taking them as prescribed was just not working. But the more opiates i swallowed the more i was scratching like a junkie.

I can only talk for myself but I'm sure chapster is the same our fitba days are over and done with.

I would still recommend chapster gets a shot of the cortisone a couple of times. If it works then good enough. If he's no happy then just don't get anymore.

New yorker / slice

Only pulling slices' leg hen. There are parts of the weege that are sound (yes slice the m8 eastbound lol)
 Squareslice
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/23/2018 5:32:54 AM
Just over 6 years ago, Glasgow was used to film World War Z. The official story was that it could pass for Philli n was cheaper.

Aye, right.... it was a zombie flick n extras were easy to find here n didna need make up!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-14678585
https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=18563

Oi, Vlad, the new M8 is actually lookin no too bad... saw footage of it taken fae a drone
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2018 6:59:00 AM
Samsung are claiming that the new Galaxy S9 will bring about a sea change in camera technology and usage. Something about variable apertures, apparently. That's hardly new, but how many people have abandoned their 'real' cameras in favour of their phones?
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/23/2018 10:00:52 AM
I know all the ladies are thinking it.
I’m the one who’s had the c0cktails though
So I’m just gona sai it
Vlad gets better looking every pic he posts...
 NewYorker58
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2018 10:17:27 AM
Care to share anything else Roxy?☺ He looks very much like another Edinburgh native, Sean Connery.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Connery

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread. Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 rekirked
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/23/2018 12:57:39 PM
Get your coat Vlad, Miss Moneypenny is on the sauce.

Neither Netflix or Amazon prime have got any Rockford files.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2018 1:20:51 PM
^^^^^^

Kirkoff Case (Rockford Files) https://youtu.be/pHB5JDEbWCA

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread. Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 rekirked
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/23/2018 2:39:31 PM
Well spotted! Sadly the inspiration for my username came from a much less well known British sit com called Dear John

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ryQ2bH1kGBk
 Squareslice
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/23/2018 3:12:10 PM
Oh good god in govan... I mind that, Kirk... there was a screed o sitcoms round that era... mostly politically incorrect in every way... On The Buses (Wrighty on tour) Love Thy Neighbour, Alf Garnett (Archie Bunker to you, NY), Hi Di Hi even... list goes on....

ps... ta for yer input here Ms Agutter
 NewYorker58
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2018 12:53:56 AM
Kirk, that was funny! One of my favorites was "Allo, Allo". I recently found, "Mrs. Brown's Boys" and "Vicious". Ian McKellen is hysterical in "Vicious". I wish that show was still being produced. It didn't go for enough seasons.

Slice, I hope I'm at least the 59 year old version of her, because I think she's 64☺
 Jacknher
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/24/2018 5:03:52 AM
Oz had more US tele than British.....so my favourites were Alias Smith and Jones, Laredo, High Chaparral, Daktari, Cowboy In Africa, and one I never did get to see the last episode of as there was a power cut the evening it screened.
It was a western called The Quest back then but seemed to be called The Longest Drive too........and had very young Tim Matheson and Kurt Russell searching for their sister who had been taken by Indians. I absolutely loved it and apparently they found the sister in the last episode but I never got to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbWj9HlWtW0
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Random Musings - Talk About Everthing