Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How long before POF goes the way of MySpace? R.I.P      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GhostofPOF
Msg: 1
How long before POF goes the way of MySpace? R.I.PPage 1 of 1    
Tri-State area is pretty much dead. Unless you count the sex ads, obvious fraud profiles, sex workers or settle for anything you can get. And Im not talking about just looks and body types either. You can go the whole 15year limit age range lower and upper and may get 15 pages online. Within that are multiple of the types I've mentioned. Might as well look for "quality" in dive bars at least you'll get some conversation. Or stay on the forums till POF MySpaces itself. I'd give it two years max and its a wrap for POF period.
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 2
How long before POF goes the way of MySpace? R.I.P
Posted: 3/5/2018 11:25:09 AM
That's interesting.

It started in this city so I guess it's not surprising that it's healthy here. I know they used to claim it was the biggest dating site in the world, but I'm curious if it's still robust elsewhere.
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/5/2018 11:51:25 AM
I met a really sweet Canadian couple both aged 50 on a cruise, & they met on POF & married, granted it was 7 years ago.

Taking a negative spin on a free service is a waste of time.

Either go to a pay site or step up your game in real life.

Or use the free site as best as you can.

No one forces anyone to be ON POF.

fullmoonguy2
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2018 12:03:23 PM

& they met on POF & married, granted it was 7 years ago.

Just about the time the downhill slide starting picking up steam.

They must have gotten in under the wire.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2018 1:24:33 PM
Being on a universal paid site like Match is no promise of better results, if anything, it's a promise of being scammed by a better class of criminal.

I had to Google "Tri-State Area" to know what region he was talking about.

Aside from the typical direct character bashing of creating a brand new profile just to whine in here - I gotta say, there's a pretty damn big world out there, and it extends a lot further than the Tri State Area. I'd suggest being a bit more humble about your own perspective, but I realize for most New Yorkers that's impossible to do. Must be removed from their DNA at birth or something.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/5/2018 3:49:54 PM
wait....MySpace is dead?

huh

well, that explains....um, nevermind.

So, was there ever a replacement for it? Maybe I should get in that before it gets passe, too.
 Cynderella
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2018 9:35:38 PM
Opie....went poof before POF did go figure
 julystorm7
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/6/2018 7:38:15 PM
I think where I live POF is the biggest site still. I live in a rural area and I'm noticed the volume of traffic in my province is a lot higher on POF than OK Cupid or Zoosk or Tinder or Christian Mingle. I signed up for them all but inly go on POF now.

I'm really disappointed though that the forums have died. I really liked going on them back in the day. Did they die when POF decided to take off a link from their main site or was this a gradual dying?
 feirene
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2018 2:41:53 AM
it's already gone that way. these forums are dead. they're good to browse through when you're waiting for replies during conversations because that inbox thing shows when you have a message and it's better than refreshing your inbox butthis place isn't exactly functioning or somewhere you'd wanna spend much time.
 Dinno76
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/7/2018 7:31:00 AM
Too many bad apples on the forums.
 Kelley300698
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/23/2018 1:12:44 AM

I'm really disappointed though that the forums have died. I really liked going on them back in the day.

I don't about the past. However, if I understand it correctly, a primary rule is rather stupid. That is, don't repeat a question that has already been asked. Old forum questions should be archived for the benefit of researchers, especially when the OP is no longer a member.

People want to answer the OP's question. If there is no OP that puts a big dampener on responding, plus who wants to respond to a question that has 40 pages or even 10 pages of answers. New questions seem personal. Old questions with no OP are not interesting except to researchers.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How long before POF goes the way of MySpace? R.I.P