Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Site Suggestion To: stop wasting people's time re: "accepts messages      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 re-cycling
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Site Suggestion To: stop wasting people's time re: "accepts messages only from certain users"Page 1 of 1    
Site Suggestion To: stop wasting people's time re: "accepts messages only from certain users"

I've wasted my time so very often writing messages to people, then when I finally hit send, I get the alert: "accepts messages only from certain users" for hidden reasons, i.e. nothing on their profile limiting age, sex, location, etc.. Why even allow me to write a message to these people in the first place??? Why not put this message in place of the message-text-box? Thus, preventing me from wasting my precious time. Please, please, please, pretty please~~!

:^)

THANK YOU!
(i.e. JUST DO IT, ALREADY!!!)
 ForumLurker
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Site Suggestion To: stop wasting people's time re: accepts messages only from certain users
Posted: 3/24/2018 3:16:07 AM

The site administrators abandoned these forums over five years ago. (Long before the founder sold POF to the Match Group.)The last volunteer forum moderators gave up about four years ago. This forum has been in an unmoderated twilight zone ever since. Just left to exist and evolve, or devolve, on its own.

The reason I am telling you this is that your profile date indicates you have been here just short of six years. In that time you should have figured this out. So, just in case this is a serious post maybe it needs to be explained that all the demanding, begging, pleading, or even threats will not result in actions by the POF site administrators. However, forum regulars may post helpful answers and or suggestions. Or not. (Honestly, your post sounds like more of a rant than a serious request)

Anyway, here goes…..

"accepts messages only from certain users"

The message you are receiving is most common when trying to contact someone more than 14 years older or younger than you are. The 14-year age restriction cannot be changed in the user preference settings. So, even if a young girl would entertain dating a middle aged man that man cannot contact her. Nor her contact him. Not here on POF.

If you are looking to contact outside that 14 year site imposed age restriction you may want to consider using a site that doesn’t impose those restrictions upon its membership.

re-cycling
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Site Suggestion To: stop wasting people's time re: accepts messages only from certain users
Posted: 3/25/2018 8:36:33 PM
I see. I may have joined the forums a long while ago, but I don't recall using them more than a few times.

"14 year site imposed age restriction" -- hm, interesting restriction, but it's not that... happens with profile well within any kind of age restriction. Maybe I should try putting my income way up ;^) Way way up. That should do the trick.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 4
view profile
History
 _Traveller
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2018 11:52:01 PM
You also get this message if you're outside one of the other restrictions that someone can impose. Like requiring a photo, requiring a certain age range, requiring a maximum distance, and several other things.

I agree that it would be better to tell you those restrictions ahead of time, but they don't, and aren't likely to make any changes now that the site's been sold.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Site Suggestion To: stop wasting people's time re: "accepts messages only from certain users"