Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > On Point Kids      Home login  
 AUTHOR
On Point KidsPage 1 of 1    
I'm trying to keep this humorous... figured that some of we single parents could use it - as we wade through the quagmire of dating and managing the offspring...
What "on point" comments have your kids made about your dating life... whether it be existent or extinct...
I'll go first.. (by the by - extinct - I've just got too much on my plate to factor in a fellow)

My now turned 13 tweenager was lolling about on my bed annoying me (only child, and attention seeking as they do) and happened to lay crosswise across the foot of it... (single bed) hanging head and toes over edges... he happened to pull up overhanging valance and discovered... to his joy.. a stash of Lego I was hiding from him (in preparation for rewarding great grades at school)

He goes into rapture... " oh, you DO love me... you shouldn't have... you are amazing.... etc etc"

I replied "Well, I would have thought you found it the other week when you ransacked my bedside tables looking for chocolate stashes.... "

He says "no mom, didn't bother looking under the bed because when I did all other times all I found were dust and d!ldos!!!"

damn kid just about floored me...
 julystorm7
Msg: 2
On Point Kids
Posted: 3/28/2018 10:42:20 PM
Yikes. I'm glad I don't have any of that stuff because my little snoops would have found it by now.

My 8-year-old daughter is really good at figuring out my phone password. She spies on me when I'm typing it in and I'm not aware. One time she had my phone and I got a text from a guy I had been chatting with lots. She texted him hearts and said I love you and said "I want to marry you." He thought it was me and blocked me. My daughter thought it was hilarious.

Another time, I forgot to turn the voice off to receive phone calls and when the phone rang it said out loud for everyone to hear "You have a phone call from ______he kids thought it was hilarious and sang the K-I-S-S-IN-G song. My kids think me dating is hilarious.
 Nestaron
Msg: 3
On Point Kids
Posted: 4/1/2018 7:13:53 AM
When my kids were like 6 and 8 my daughters wanted a baby brother so they said they would hook me up with a nice lady, I laughed and said oh you will that is so thoughtful. We went to the mall my daughter went up to a lady she said was pretty and said would you date my dad he is a single and me and my sister want a baby brother. I was totally stunned the lady laughed her a$$ off came over said that was an interesting approach, you do that often and my daughter goes nope first time cause your the prettiest lady ever. Then she asked me and the lady so we can start planning for a baby brother now right? Both me and the lady were laughing so hard I offered to buy lady lunch and as I was taking the kids for their lunch she agreed ate chatted, the kids went and played we ended up going on a couple dates but it was hilarious approach I never even actually thought about.
 julystorm7
Msg: 4
On Point Kids
Posted: 4/1/2018 10:28:20 AM
That's hilarious. I would have been so embarrassed.
 DrivingHarmony2018
Msg: 5
On Point Kids
Posted: 4/1/2018 9:41:22 PM

He says "no mom, didn't bother looking under the bed because when I did all other times all I found were dust and d!ldos!!!" damn kid just about floored me...

^^^^^TOO FUNNY!!! hahahahah!

This reminds of several years, maybe 5 years ago....my 2 daughters came into my room to chat. As we were talking, I noticed across the room, my toy had fully charged and was blinking. I did not want my kids to see it. So, I casually walked over to unplug it and I tucked it in my shorts. The kids were standing near my dresser and I walked toward the foot of my bed when the toy fell downward, out of my shorts and rolled a few times on the floor and stopped right in front of their feet. The girls (at that time, approx 13/18) looked down at the toy and looked at me. Then, I looked down and looked up at them. AWKWARD......and then we all just started to laugh albeit they were saying EEEEEWWWWWWWWWW. Still makes me laugh every time I think about it.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 6
view profile
History
On Point Kids
Posted: 4/4/2018 6:25:56 PM
About a year or so after my late spouse passed on, i was dating a guy, and after one date he was kissing me bye in the driveway. My Daughter who was 15, and not even had a serious BF says to her friend thats so Gross, and to me said,,, "Mom you are acting like a Hussy"
On Point Kids
Posted: 4/10/2018 6:53:17 PM
I just hope that being this 'open' with our onpoint kids, that we're somewhat setting them up for 'healthy' selves...

my boy feels he can tell me... "just going to my room for a w@nk"....
me, "ya want me to put that on the front page of the newspaper??"

damn, some things I just don't need ta know.... lol
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 8
view profile
History
On Point Kids
Posted: 4/16/2018 5:52:12 PM

He says "no mom, didn't bother looking under the bed because when I did all other times all I found were dust and d!ldos!!!"

Ooooooooh!! Burn! :) That's hilarious. What did you say in response to him? "Tu che my dear lad... tu che..."? :)

One time she had my phone and I got a text from a guy I had been chatting with lots. She texted him hearts and said I love you and said "I want to marry you." He thought it was me and blocked me. My daughter thought it was hilarious.

OMG -- that IS hilarious though! You had to chuckle about it though, right?

Sounds like stuff college roommates would do. Back then, I once borrowed my roommates computer to go on a writing Spree on one of the dating sites. I had a generic template message I wrote out to send to gals in Notepad, and had the browser in another window. I left to go to the store, came back, and then did a bunch of rapid-fire cut-n-pastes to gals online. A day goes by, not 1 response. 2 days, then 3 days go by -- not One response. WTH?

Then about 5 days later, I get a message from a girl saying "Your profile's fine, but, why are you bragging about having a 3 inch penis?"

My roommates modified that template message to send out, and I never noticed. I had to laugh and give them props for that. :)
 julystorm7
Msg: 9
On Point Kids
Posted: 4/16/2018 10:01:42 PM
That is really funny. Serves you right for sending generic nonpersonal messages. Guys get big bonus points for writing a message asking something or commenting on something directly about something in your profile.

My brothers and I like to sneak on each other's phones and change each other's Facebook statuses to something crazy. So much fun.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 10
view profile
History
On Point Kids
Posted: 4/18/2018 2:29:13 AM

Ooooooooh!! Burn! :) That's hilarious. What did you say in response to him? "Tu che my dear lad... tu che..."? :)

there are times I'll go with it.. with him on the Spectrum, I'm just glad he sees humor... even if it is a 'dig'... I could never get that 'partnership' joking going on with my [puritanical] mother... so I show him we 'oldies' still see fun in sex...

and 3 inch penis??? dang, is that erect??? (my son just saw this, he says "three inches??? is that the former of yours you told me about mom??")

the fun part... "remember kiddo, I have video evidence of your phallic stage at 13months old!!!"
 Tesaliee
Msg: 11
view profile
History
On Point Kids
Posted: 4/22/2018 12:19:35 PM
I said something to my youngest son, age 12, about not going into my room without permission. He said, "that's ok mom, I already know what's in the pink bag by your bed" I asked how and he said he found it when I sent him up to get my keys. My 15 year old son walked through the room and said "mom, everyone knows what's in the pink bag by your bed." I'd think about putting a lock on my door but I guess it's too late.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > On Point Kids