Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > SCAMMERS      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 suzan2013
Msg: 1
SCAMMERSPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
BEWARE WOMEN
SO MANY SCAMMERS HERE- THEY ALWAYS---
1. HAVE A HANDSOME FAKE PIC UP.
2. HAVE A GOOD CAREER, DOCTOR, LAYWER, OWN A BUSINESS BLAH BLAH
3. AND FOR SO-CALIF- ALWAYS LIVE IN BEVERLY HILL OR SOME WHERE RICH.
4. AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL!!!! THEY WILL ALWAYS ASK FOR PERSONAL EAMIL
 Namuhraed
Msg: 2
SCAMMERS
Posted: 4/1/2018 12:11:10 PM
Thanks for the tip on scammers Susan..It clarifies to me that in order to get women to write me back I need to A) lie about my work and income B) redo my photos, (although I look just fine) C) Change my address to the nearest posh location.. AND STOP telling the truth, its fatal to romance..But Im seeking Love which seems mutually exclusive to romantic involvement. So maybe Im in the wrong room even being on here!
 feirene
Msg: 3
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 4/1/2018 4:03:26 PM
My ex (from 5 yrs ago now) is still using the pics he had when i met him and i'm pretty sure they were old all those years ago. he was alright looking then, not that bad when i met him but he had thick dark hair in them and now he is balding (hope me dumping him caused that) so looks nothing like his pics.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 4
SCAMMERS
Posted: 4/1/2018 4:07:50 PM
its so funny, if you stop chasing hot rich guys and stick to personality....you can magically avoid the scammers. Of course, you may die of boredom instead :)
 feirene
Msg: 5
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 4/1/2018 4:16:39 PM
The scammers usually have a great fake personality.

I stick to stable guys myself, ones that aren't giving off mixed signals or gaslighting. They have to be attractive though.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 6
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 4/1/2018 7:24:23 PM
I have only run across one possible scammer in the 10 years I have been on this site.
 cooldog65
Msg: 7
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 4/2/2018 6:37:09 AM

BEWARE WOMEN
SO MANY SCAMMERS HERE- THEY ALWAYS---
1. HAVE A HANDSOME FAKE PIC UP.
2. HAVE A GOOD CAREER, DOCTOR, LAYWER, OWN A BUSINESS BLAH BLAH
3. AND FOR SO-CALIF- ALWAYS LIVE IN BEVERLY HILL OR SOME WHERE RICH.
4. AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL!!!! THEY WILL ALWAYS ASK FOR PERSONAL E-MAIL

What's up with these all cap thread starters? Rage!!!!!
 julystorm7
Msg: 8
SCAMMERS
Posted: 4/2/2018 7:13:56 AM
I am really annoyed with people putting all caps on headings.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 9
SCAMMERS
Posted: 4/2/2018 7:33:11 AM
Well....The first thing I do..if the picture looks too good to be true...is "google image" it.
Then when it shows up as some famous model from Europe...I report them.
Within a few days it usually disappears

Both genders can be quilty of this....doesn't seem to be so prevalent as a few years back.
I report because...I don't like them to take advantage of others that are naïve.
Online dating is hard enough.
 BretIAm
Msg: 10
SCAMMERS
Posted: 4/3/2018 5:51:04 PM
Good advice, Whisky_River.

IMO scammers aren't too hard to spot. Besides, I think the community as a whole does a pretty good job policing them, at least in my neck of the woods they do.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 11
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 4/3/2018 6:10:33 PM

its so funny

if you stop chasing hot rich guys and stick to personality....

That IS funny.

Because it won't happen.

Even though it is so simple and logical.
 suzan2013
Msg: 12
SCAMMERS
Posted: 6/16/2018 5:50:52 PM
First of all I don't look for just Rich guys at all so shut up about that cuz that's just stupid you have no idea what you're talking about. These are random scammers online who searched women's profiles and start emailing me first so shut up
 cooldog65
Msg: 13
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 6/16/2018 9:11:23 PM
^^^ Who are you talking to? RAGE!!!!!

Feel better now?

In order to maintain the highest quality forums yadda yadda yadda...

Can't post to this thread yeah yeah...
 chickensoupie
Msg: 14
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 6/23/2018 3:12:25 AM
Right now there is a guy who is saying that he has traveled to Turkey and was just mugged and wants me to send him money. Like I was born yesterday. kingsman667
 SomewhereInTheStratosfere
Msg: 15
SCAMMERS
Posted: 6/23/2018 4:15:17 AM

Right now there is a guy who is saying that he has traveled to Turkey and was just mugged and wants me to send him money. Like I was born yesterday. kingsman667

I would have a field day with this bozo. Tell him it's ironic but you are in New York City and just got mugged yourself and was hoping he could send you some money. $1000.00 should cover it until you get home. Then you will most certainly wire the money back with interest.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 16
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 6/23/2018 5:19:08 AM
^^^
Tell him it's ironic but you are in New York City and just got mugged yourself and was hoping he could send you some money. $1000.00 should cover it until you get home. Then you will most certainly wire the money back with interest.

Great idea!
In the best of all possible worlds they would then bond over their mutual mugging experience, compare the nuances of their suffering and rage after such an indignity, fall in love sight unseen, then commiserate on their lack of funds which prohibits them from ever meeting.

Buddy, can you spare a dime?
 ladydimom
Msg: 17
SCAMMERS
Posted: 6/23/2018 4:39:55 PM
SO TRUE!!! In the last month, I have come across 4 different men who gave me a 'SCAM' line about depositing money in my account and having me send a check to an associate - I would receive 10% of the total for helping him out. haha yeah right LOL

Own their own business but no one in the area seems to know them or even have heard of them!!

Can NOT meet because they are sooo busy wheeling and dealing out of the country - Cayman Islands, Australia, wherever!!

And yes at some point - 'please e-mail me because I am about to hide my profile or get off of POF because I am not talking with anyone but you.'

I do NOT have SUCKER printed on my forehead. Seriously, these guys need to get a life and STOP taking advantage of those unsuspecting and too trusting women.

Off my soapbox now
 buxy1964
Msg: 18
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 9/2/2018 2:05:40 PM
There are ugly scammers too LOL
 buxy1964
Msg: 19
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 9/2/2018 2:12:10 PM
absolutely give him the money! YES! You ask him how to go about sending him the money. Then you tell him OK i found a Western Union or whatever now what? OK I need your email I'm going to send u the copy of the receipt (get all that IP address stuff in there) OK sent you your numbers! Your money is on the way!

When he's saying, "huh? where? what are the numbers?" you say don't you read your messages I sent it to you? I'll send it again. Still he gets nothing. He asks aagin. "DAMN IT! I sent you $5000 and you've lost the money already! OMG! OMG! What the hell is the matter with you? ish ma too cook wolat awas too and then you mo mo taw anoica so tnow g and. (Yea really **** with their head and their language LOL they are that stupid). Screw the translator hahahahahah. I play them back and then move on to the next ***hole scammer
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 20
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 9/2/2018 8:29:29 PM
First of all I don't look for just Rich guys at all so shut up about that cuz that's just stupid you have no idea what you're talking about. These are random scammers online who searched women's profiles and start emailing me first so shut up

^^^^^ Ya have more issues going on than Scammers
 feirene
Msg: 21
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 9/3/2018 8:27:35 AM
i doubt rich guys would even be POF, they have the money for better stuff than here.
i did join a millionaires dating website years ago but my profile got deleted coz i am not a millionaire.
 newstart1949
Msg: 22
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 9/6/2018 10:47:11 AM
Scammers come in all shapes and forms. Lately in my little neck of the world there were a bunch claiming that they were from this really small remote town around here with a population that is barely 3.5 k. Usually they talk about having a job that doesn't really fit in with the area, much less the town.
All I can say for anyone is use your gut instinct.
 TomásIasan
Msg: 23
SCAMMERS
Posted: 9/6/2018 11:29:20 AM
^Common their the best ones I see lots of those think umm when did you move into town cause well I am sure almost every single guy would have known you were here the minute you were.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 24
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 9/6/2018 11:46:38 AM

in order to get women to write me back I need to A) lie about my work and income B (although I look just fine) C) Change my address to the nearest posh location.. AND STOP telling the truth, its fatal to romance.

That about sums it up.

redo my photos,

Don't forget the $1.4 million Ferrari LaFerrari.
 kittens_smitten
Msg: 26
view profile
History
SCAMMERS
Posted: 9/17/2018 1:33:15 AM
I had one threaten to kill me for calling him out on it and saying he was with the mob.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > SCAMMERS