Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Best Bands/Singers/Recording Artists You Ever Watched Live      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 julystorm7
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Best Bands/Singers/Recording Artists You Ever Watched LivePage 1 of 1    
I'm bored (taking it easy recovering from surgery) so I'm just posting threads to the unused forums, trying to make conversation. Avoiding the main POF website like the plague right now.

What are the best acts you ever watched live and where did you see them? For me, they would be:

1) Johnny Reid at Dauphin Countryfest
2) Reba McEntire & Kelly Clarkson in Winnipeg
3) Paul Brandt at Dauphin Countryfest
4) Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton at Craven
5) Trooper at Barn 22, Saskatchewan
6) Dixie Chicks in Winnipeg
7) Great Big Sea in Brandon
8) Kenny Rogers in Winnipeg
 et_non
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Best Bands/Singers/Recording Artists You Ever Watched Live
Posted: 4/11/2018 3:49:18 PM
I've seen Radiohead a few times, they were always pretty good.
The Garage, Glasgow 1994
Caird Hall, Dundee 1997
Glasgow Green 2000
Corn Exchange, Edinburgh 2003

A few miles inland from me is St. Mary's Church Haddington, built around the year 1380, I find that to be a good venue with a deep resonant acoustic. Graduate music students often perform there, I don't know who the performers are usually but it is good though, mostly it is early chamber music or unaccompanied solo voice.

The human voice as an instrument in it's own right has always been an interest of mine.
Julie Fowlis at the Village Hall in Beauly. Could be the best thing I've ever heard.
This song will give you a rough idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmgCsbhBNN8
 CBGB77
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2018 2:44:06 PM
I have seen a lot of great bands over the years but these are some of my favorites listed by year

1) The Four Seasons 1965
2)Blind Faith 1969
3)Ike and Tina Turner 1971
4)Mountain 1973
5)Hall and Oates 1974
6)Bob Dylan 1976
7)David Bowie 1977
8)The Ramones 1978
9)Blondie 1979
10)The Pretenders 1980
11) Nirvana 1993
12)The Replacements 2014
 cindi_rella
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2018 10:27:59 AM
Last summer, my boyfriend got us tickets to see Bonnie Raitt and James Taylor. Amazing. James Taylor still sounds great and Bonnie Raitt is the baddest b*itch alive.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Best Bands/Singers/Recording Artists You Ever Watched Live