Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > You know you are getting OLD when...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 KPOL52
Msg: 1
You know you are getting OLD when...Page 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
When was the last time you "slept" with someone? Too difficult or can't remember? Here's an easier one. Maybe. When was the last time you shared a nice meaningful, kiss with someone? Something more than a peck on the cheek?

Having been going through some old pics last night, and reminded of both, I can start the ball rolling.

January of 09 for me to the first part and June of 2010 for the second Q. It WAS a kiss to remember though. Both of them ladies I met on PoF for the record.

My, how time flies once you pass fifty.
 julystorm7
Msg: 2
You know you are getting OLD when...
Posted: 4/2/2018 2:58:03 PM
Sigh...

Last time I slept with someone was mid-February. Last time I shared a meaningful kiss with someone was the beginning of February. Neither were the same guy.

I'll add a third question. When was the last time you said I love you and meant it. Truthfully, I never have.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2018 3:01:02 PM
How the hell am I supposed to know. I can't even remember the name of the hotel I stayed at in Melville last year.
 julystorm7
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/2/2018 3:16:12 PM
What the heck were you doing in Melville?
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2018 4:20:15 PM
Sleeping and drinking Timmy's mostly. We were there because we couldn't get rooms in Yorkton. We were there for two shifts, fourteen days. It was the hotel on the west side of the highway and owned by east indians.
 CBGB77
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2018 5:34:36 PM

Posted By: _Rise_Above_This_ on 4/2/2018 615 PM
Subject: You know you are getting OLD when...

Timmy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiZ4C3k0Z4U
 ohenryx
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2018 5:37:27 PM
Let’s see here… The last time I “slept” with someone, made love, had sex, yada, yada, yada, that would be about 2 weeks ago. 16 days to be more exact (but who’s counting?). “Nice, meaningful kiss” – same answer.

And this has nothing to do with getting old. Hell, I’m 67, and having a great time. While it isn’t true that you’re only as old as you feel, there is no reason to start acting old just because the calendar says so.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2018 7:02:04 PM

You read that Steven Spielberg- the "wunderkind"- is 71 years old now.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 9
is that old, or online dating?
Posted: 4/2/2018 7:22:01 PM
golly, last time for intercourse was a decade and a half ago. Last time I saw any woman naked was caretaking my mother w/ Alzheimers :) last time I made out was maybe 2014? But my dry spells have always been measured in years, not weeks or months. Hope no one can beat those records, but its always good for a man to know his limitations. at the risk of sounding like sour grapes, Henry's right, getting old isn't just measured in bed notches. you have to be unwilling to take chances at anything. have to be close-minded to not learn anything new b/c you think you already know what's right and nothing can change.

Finishing your bucket list, should introduce you to new things you didn't even know you'd like. May the last check you write, bounce at the funeral home :)

Cynderella
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2018 11:36:20 PM
#1. When there were dinosaur roaming the earth.
#2. When I learned to kiss my own ass.
#3. Everyday to my kids.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2018 10:46:42 AM

#3. Everyday to my kids.

I'm with Cynderella!
And yes...every single day to my kids and grand daughter.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2018 3:33:44 PM

golly, last time for intercourse was a decade and a half ago. Last time I saw any woman naked was caretaking my mother w/ Alzheimers :) last time I made out was maybe 2014? But my dry spells have always been measured in years, not weeks or months. Hope no one can beat those records, but its always good for a man to know his limitations.

I'm not too far behind you.

If I wasn't so cheap, I'd buy a night. But, since I feel that if I paid $10 for sex, I got cheated, then I never will.
 Seki1949
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2018 6:30:57 PM
Hypothetically, does phone sex with an old girl friend who you still love count? Hypothetically, of course.
 ohenryx
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2018 7:52:23 PM

Seki1949
Hypothetically, does phone sex with an old girl friend who you still love count? Hypothetically, of course.

Did you get off? If so, yes it counts. Anything that takes you over the top, and involves another human being, counts. At least in my book. Bill Clinton might disagree.

Cynderella
#3. Everyday to my kids.

Wait a minute, wait a minute – what the hell is number 3?

1 == last time for sex
2== last time for a good kiss
But reading back through this thread, I don’t see a third category???

Ahhh, never mind, I see it now, msg 2, JulyStorm, last time you said “I love you”.

Cyderella and Boo are cheating, talking about kids and grandkids. Eros vs agape. I too say this to my son and my granddaughters, but that is NOT what the OP was asking about.

Okay, number 3, last time I said it and meant it -- (and not agape) – damn, a very long time. Maybe 2008 or so, before my marriage started unraveling. And now that you force me to think about it, it’s rather sad. I was in love back in 2013 or so. And didn’t realize it until after I had lost the lady. Sometimes you don’t know what you have until it’s gone.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2018 9:14:20 PM

Sometimes you don’t know what you have until it’s gone.

Awwww, I think that's sad.
When I was looking to date, I wrote in my profile,
"I want to be with someone who knows what they have............when they have me".

!. LOL Nunnya
2.Easter Sunday, (including all the grand kids)
3. Every night, on the phone with BF, Friday nights to my mom, and Sunday nights to my son.
In person almost daily to my daughter.
 julystorm7
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/3/2018 9:33:51 PM
Okay, I meant to a romantic interest for #3, not kids or grandkids or what have you. Cause I say I love you to my kids constantly and to my mom and dad and brothers and aunts and nieces, etc. My family tells each other constantly that they love each other.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2018 10:58:55 PM

My family tells each other constantly that they love each other.

Julystorm, That in of itself is a blessing. Many folks can't say that. Consider yourself lucky to have the love of your family.
 Seki1949
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2018 10:59:40 PM
About 15 minutes ago.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2018 8:37:38 PM
1. Several years
2. More than several years
3. Ibid
 ohenryx
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2018 5:04:41 PM

cynthiasm
1. Several years
2. More than several years
3. Ibid

Wait a minute here, let me parse this ...

1. Several years --- since the last time you got lucky, right?
2. More than several years --- since the last time you had a passionate kiss?

So the last time you "got lucky", the poor sap wasn't even a good kisser?

Sad, very sad. I hope your next experience is better.
 julystorm7
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/5/2018 7:18:42 PM
I think by passionate, it means someone you actually possibly really like or even love. Many of us have had sex with people we didn't even necessarily like.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2018 8:12:17 PM
July storm wrote,,
[I think by passionate, it means someone you actually possibly really like or even love. Many of us have had sex with people we didn't even necessarily like.]

nope, if i dont like someone i sure will not be having sex w/ them.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2018 8:17:22 PM

1. Several years --- since the last time you got lucky, right?
2. More than several years --- since the last time you had a passionate kiss?

So the last time you "got lucky", the poor sap wasn't even a good kisser?

Think of the movie French Kiss - a kiss can be a more intimate experience than sex.
Have an itch? A friend can scratch it.
But I don't want to get lost in a kiss with a friend.
That's just me. I'm can already anticipate what some of the resident biddies will have to say about that.

Sad, very sad. I hope your next experience is better.

Me too. That's why I'm holding out for the one I want to share that passionate kiss.

nope, if i dont like someone i sure will not be having sex w/ them

Maybe that's one advantage of being a widow; many divorced folks have been in the position of being married to someone they stopped liking, and doing their conjugal duty, before the divorce was final.
 BombayBeach
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2018 9:57:30 PM

About 5 years after that I was thinking my God, I've reached this crucial "5 year mark" where I felt OK, NOW something REALLY has to give...and it never did.

Now, I just accept things as they are. No more counting years or feeling abnormal for it being this long. It is what it is.
 julystorm7
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/5/2018 11:26:28 PM

Maybe that's one advantage of being a widow; many divorced folks have been in the position of being married to someone they stopped liking, and doing their conjugal duty, before the divorce was final.

Lol, yup. Conjugal duty...been there, done that. Did it for a long time, never ever refused to but it sure was a chore to me at times. After we split I wanted to experience something passionate again, had a brief fling with someone I really liked, the sex was great, I really enjoyed kissing him but my feelings were too much to deal with so I ended it. Then I hooked up with someone safer who I thought there was no danger of getting attached to and it was such awful sex. And I'm taking a break with dating to sort through some stuff in my life and I start to think to myself what if I don't ever have sex again, what if the break ends up being forever and I always have the bad sex as my last time.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > You know you are getting OLD when...