Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Intelligentz Enywon??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 KPOL52
Msg: 1
Intelligentz Enywon??Page 1 of 1    
This is the obvious Forum to ask.

I would think that anyone who posts in this particular Forum would consider themselves to be intelligent?

I would also think that almost everyone who posts here would consider themselves to be OPEN minded?

Salt and pepper. Bread and butter. Meat and potatoes. People could argue ad infinitum if any of these actually require the other. Half full of half empty also comes to mind.

IMO, being Intelligent or at least a good portion, REQUIRES being Open minded. But I also feel that being Open minded doesn't necessarily equate to someone being intelligent.

Therefore, do you consider yourSELF to be OPEN minded?

And IF you do, can you remember the last time you actually CHANGED your stance, viewpoint or opinion on any subject matter either here or at any other Forum?

Is the answer to that telling in any way or does that mean there are no other intelligent folks who post here?

Besides you of course.
 Nyeahsers
Msg: 2
Intelligentz Enywon??
Posted: 4/8/2018 10:48:49 AM
I don't remember ever posting in here but I may have just forgot. With all the silly arguments, name calling, and what not, I'm very hesitant to even bother. Having said that, I think maybe one of five people are more intelligent than me.

Yes, I think I am open minded despite what I have to say next. I believe that, to some extent or degree, open mindedness and naivety go hand in hand. I also believe that those who are not, or refuse to risk being taken for a fool, tend to be hard headed.

I can't remember any instance that I changed my stance but I know it has happened. I'm very careful of what I accept as fact to begin with. I'd rather say I don't know at the risk (oh, the terror) of appearing less intelligent.
 survata
Msg: 3
Intelligentz Enywon??
Posted: 4/8/2018 10:55:16 AM
Pretty dumb questions if you ask me...who will honestly claim they do not believe they are intelligent, or they do not believe themselves open-minded. The most biased of individuals if honest, will concede they are biases but they will always say...but I can throw the biases aside. That's just the way people work.
 feirene
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Intelligentz Enywon??
Posted: 4/11/2018 12:53:11 AM
Not as open minded as i used to be. I've gained a lot of knowledge over the years that has allowed me to decide for myself certain things.

I used to be open to many things that can or cannot be proved and most of that stuff is pointless to debate or decide about but i still have done anyway and my choices do not matter as do opposing opinions not matter either. They're still vaguely interesting to discuss occasionally if any new information comes to light.
 reason782
Msg: 5
Intelligentz Enywon??
Posted: 4/11/2018 12:21:39 PM
You are only as intelligent as the material you consume... Open mindedness is that which isn't biased to immediately shut something off as an impossibility instead of thinking it through.

Another problem is one could be re-consuming the same material over and over, without actually extending to a point greater than the previous, such as a faster and faster calculation

change is more intelligent than its static counterpart,

does that answer the question? EZ STUFF BRO, need dat funches guy back
 KPOL52
Msg: 6
Intelligentz Enywon??
Posted: 4/12/2018 8:38:06 AM
Maybe I need to simplify.

From the original post: "And IF you do, can you remember the last time you actually CHANGED your stance, viewpoint or opinion on any subject matter either here or at any other Forum?"

Howzabout, CHANGED your mind anywhere???

Any easier?
 feirene
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Intelligentz Enywon??
Posted: 4/12/2018 2:00:15 PM
Only about politics, i used to think it was pointless but then realised you have to be proactive in it yourself to change anything. So i voted for the first time when i was in my 40s. Because you can be proactive in the things you love but unless the person holding the purse strings agrees with your cause then you are likely to fail.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 8
Intelligentz Enywon??
Posted: 4/30/2018 4:36:50 PM
I loved & quoted what a woman in here once said:

"It's International Women's Day. Smart women marched and worked hard, really hard for us to have equal pay, to be in charge of our own bodies, to walk side by side with men and not a step behind or be subservient, to share a home and child rearing and enjoy retirement benefits and pensions and healthcare. We fought to be equal. "

When the student is READY, the teacher appears...
 ghostata
Msg: 9
Intelligentz Enywon??
Posted: 5/1/2018 5:41:49 AM
^^^^I would terminate your profile blondee but you have so wrecked this board, even I don't care about posting anymore here so won't put in the effort......but you are a real piece of work. Your poor SO.
Intelligentz Enywon??
Posted: 5/3/2018 8:12:45 PM

I would think that anyone who posts in this particular Forum would consider themselves to be intelligent?

I would also think that almost everyone who posts here would consider themselves to be OPEN minded?

But why would you think that?

...Actually, comically, I've found that a real test of intelligence is the relationships and dating oriented topics. You must have your head screwed on straight to do any good there, or be revealed to be as much of a dumbarse as in any other forum.

being Intelligent or at least a good portion, REQUIRES being Open minded

Well...yes.

But I also feel that being Open minded doesn't necessarily equate to someone being intelligent.

Very correct. Many people confuse being open-minded with not needing to be objective and rational. They don't understand that being open-minded only means acknowledging that you don't know everything and are willing to learn more...but it does not mean believing or adopting any and every old thing that you see or hear. It does not mean that you should relinquish your responsibility to think about a new thing for yourself. And know how to do so when you do that thinking.

And IF you do, can you remember the last time you actually CHANGED your stance, viewpoint or opinion on any subject matter either here or at any other Forum?

[humor] No. I've never changed my mind about anything. I already know everything, and am right about everything. [/humor]

----

We fought to be equal.

No. You didn't.

Some did. But many didn't. You certainly didn't.

to be in charge of our own bodies

[sarcasm] I was spending some time on an otherwise deserted island once. A person washed ashore one day, possibly a survivor from a sunken ship. As far as I could tell, this person would be healthy enough to take care of theirself eventually, but not immediately - they needed my help for a while first to help them recover. But I didn't want to do that. I had my own plans to play coconut checkers with myself, and helping this person recover would interfere with that. So I murdered this person. Their presence was bothering me. I murdered this person so that I wouldn't have to be bothered. I had a right to do it. I had a right to kill this person because "it's my body". They don't have a body. The only thing as far as I'm concerned that existed on that island was my body. My time. They didn't count. [/sarcasm]

When the student is READY, the teacher appears...

And you will never be ready. The teacher has chosen to run far away.

Really. That really happened. Fo rizzle.
 Inicia
Msg: 11
Intelligentz Enywon??
Posted: 5/7/2018 4:49:17 PM
Blondees quote is in error- we have "won"sic none of those battles as smart-dumb-blind-deaf-super humans--politicians- (nobody)none of these International woman day "accomplishments" sic. are accomplished- so WT...? Woman cannot even opt to have a hysterectomy screw fricken abortions?>?>?
 MysticTouch
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Intelligentz Enywon??
Posted: 6/25/2018 12:33:44 AM
I would say for someone to "consider" themselves intelligent a questioning mind would be more of a benefit. I see having an open mind akin to accepting everything, which isn't always the case.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Intelligentz Enywon??