Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Someone keeps looking at my profile.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 julystorm7
Msg: 1
Someone keeps looking at my profile.Page 1 of 1    
So I met this guy towards the end of February. We met at a gas station diner in person after talking briefly online, had a nice time together, a conversation that went a long time and we seemed to have a lot in common. He asked me out again as soon as I got to my car via text. We were texting well and then boom he quit talking. I asked him if he'd lost interest. He said not exactly but he decided we couldn't see each other again because he realized he couldn't date someone with young kids. I got that. Yet he keeps viewing my profile and it's driving me bonkers. I messaged him and he ignored me then messaged me back three days later and we talked hockey for like one hour then he said goodbye. I asked him why he keeps looking at me profile but he never answers my question.

I have another guy that keeps looking at my profile. I went out with him once but was the opposite of attracted. Now he views my profile like every third day. Occasionally messages me but I ignore him. Then he walked by me in the grocery store the other day. I pretended not to recognize him and I was with my kids so he said nothing. 20 minutes later I see he viewed my profile again. Should I send him a message to tell him to stop?

Anyone else have someone that constantly looks at their profile? With the first guy I'm confused and with the second guy I'm definitely creeped out.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 2
Someone keeps looking at my profile.
Posted: 4/9/2018 11:52:28 PM
You talking about on here?
I always thought that when you view someone’s profile you will automatically appear in their ‘viewed me’ list when you come online?
I remember a guy telling me he viewed a woman’s profile once and this ^ must have happened, for every time he came online she accused him of stalking her.
 KPOL52
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/10/2018 12:26:18 AM
Chances are excellent that you don't understand how viewed me works. Few people seem to. It IS much easier to Decipher once someone has been a paid member. I will make it easy for you to figure out. Roughly 24 hours from now I will check back to this thread and ask you how many times I viewed you.

If it's any consolation to you, many folks can spend years on this site or spending time in these Forums and not understand views, MM or what Favorites is all about. Even if this site had an owner's manual I doubt anyone would use it.

What good is a toolbox with 8 or 10 tools if a person only knows what one or two do or allow or are for?
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2018 1:45:34 AM
Probably best to just ignore it or block them if it really bothers you. It could just be a weird glitch though
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/10/2018 4:13:14 AM
None of these guys are constantly looking at your profile. This site doesn't tell you how frequently someone is looking at your profile.

They show up when you go to "Who viewed me" because they did look once, and are logged in when you check.
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/10/2018 5:58:11 AM
It is creepy to have someone to keep viewing you. I don't think any of the guys that commented understand how things work either, but they probably haven't been viewed by the same people over and over either.

I wouldn't message the guy, but you could block him and it may send a message to him that you are not interested. I had a married guy who kept contacting me, blocked him. He still looks views my profile, just not as often as he was. You may have to block him.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2018 7:10:23 AM

None of these guys are constantly looking at your profile. This site doesn't tell you how frequently someone is looking at your profile.

They show up when you go to "Who viewed me" because they did look once, and are logged in when you check.

100% AGREE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONCE is all it takes. A user may or may not view your profile more than once. However "They viewed you" does not keep a running tab.

Nevermind the silliness, of bells and whistles on an OLD site. Look for messages in your inbox................THAT'S IT!

Btw, have you noticed how many women have viewed your profile?
 julystorm7
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/10/2018 7:27:47 AM
I am a subscribed member so I can see the last time someone viewed me. I did block the guy ages ago though but he keeps viewing me. I wish blocked people couldn't view me.

I've never had a female view me.

I have my settings put so guys can't see I viewed them. If I read a profile and like it I just favourite it.
 Tech30
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2018 7:34:25 AM
SO what? Someone looks at your online profile, who cares? Is he peeking in your windows at home? Women will find just about anything to be weird about.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2018 7:35:15 AM
LOL,

"I am a small town Saskatchewan girl, born and raised"
Look familiar?
Many of us, men AND women, view the profiles of either gender, especially in the Forums.
 julystorm7
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/10/2018 7:44:26 AM
Yes, but you have your settings set that I can't see you viewed me.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2018 7:47:03 AM
Only a paid user can see if someone keeps viewing your profile, and that's if they have their "show up on viewed me" setting on, and they don't view your profile in other ways such as setting a bookmark and viewing when they're not online.

As others said, the row of thumbnails at the top is sorted by when they were last online, not by when they last viewed you.

Seems like a lame paid feature, given it seems to result in paranoia and anguish and unrealistic speculation.

The grocery store incident could be a coincidence.
 julystorm7
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/10/2018 8:04:29 AM
I'm sure it was a coincidence. I often see guys from online in places like grocery stores. The fun of living in a rural area. One guy that asked me to join his wife and him for a threesome (Nope, I didn't, lol) actually works at a grocery store and I see him all the time now. Every time I want to laugh outloud.
 prettybrwneyedone
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/11/2018 7:21:46 PM

I have and I've viewed quite a few other females profiles. For some reason when I'm in the forums - only female profiles appear at the top of the screen, some are openly prostitutes, which initially I was kind of surprised to see some doing that so openly on here. Then some of the others, I was just viewing to assess what some of the men were seeing - out of curiosity.
 julystorm7
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/11/2018 7:43:26 PM
I've gone and checked out women's profiles on here because I was also wondering what the guys were seeing in my area but I've always done it with my settings set to people not being able to see my profile. But then this guy that constantly views me should know he has that option and he chooses to set me see that he views me all the time. And he's a premium member so he knows the times he views me shows up for me.
 Tyro327
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/11/2018 8:02:10 PM
You don't like it report him after that it's up to pof to deal with. It's that simple report user works believe me someone is going to find block and delete again on mine cause she don't get the hint from the other accounts. Persistent little lady she is I will give her that much but really I have no problems blocking and if necessary reporting stalker like behaviour myself.
 KPOL52
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/13/2018 12:17:00 PM
Time is up. Figure it out yet? As a paid member, it should be obvious?

But your issue is very common. I would bet a years pay that only 1 in 10 will ever get it.

Which is a very likely reason so many "silly" folks surf while cloaked.

Thinking that method is 100% foolproof?

Ummmm, sorry it's not. And not even necessary at least here.

"I don't ever see the women or men who have viewed me".

Easily solved with ONE simple jab on your mouse, tablet or phone.

???? THAT is why Fish has an owner's manual.
 julystorm7
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/13/2018 1:10:46 PM
Lol.

The stalker guy has messaged me from 3 different accounts but I find out each time. Yesterday I finally messaged him a long message and told him I could see every time he viewed me. He said he didn't even know you could do that. I'm not sure I believe him but my message was mean as hell and I hope it was enough to stop him. I told him if he messages me or looks at my profile one more time I will be telling his grandma on him (yes, I know his grandma, lol).

The first guy actually messaged me, saying he missed talking to me and has wanted to talk several times. I told him I saw how much he looked at my profile and he said he had no idea I could see those details and he was embarrassed.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Someone keeps looking at my profile.