Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Is RAP music?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 KPOL52
Msg: 1
Is RAP music?Page 1 of 1    
Or is it just the word CRAP and the C fell off?

Ok, first of all, I understand that multiple millions obviously like it. Second of all, NO I have no idea if there is some definition of RAP. Third of all, NO I have not listened to numerous hours and multiple artists trying to find some Rap I like. What I do know is that over the years, in all the Rap performances I have witnessed in various awards shows, the one constant is that it has No melody. You can't t whistle it.

In my world, IF you can't whistle a song, it ain't t music. Yup, I realize that as entertainment it has to be called something.

For those of you who enjoy it, might I ask what the draw is or how you got started?

I believe actor Mark Wahlberg got his start rapping many many moons ago and/or doing underwear commercials for CK. <<< An obvious or likely start for some women?

NBC show AGT had an 80 something "rapping granny" several years ago who made it into the second round.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Is RAP music?
Posted: 4/14/2018 12:31:17 AM
My dad was an incredible whistler - think of Roger Whitaker and you're close. When I was really young we'd go on long drives and he'd whistle for what seemed like hours. Anyone less skilled would have been cause for suicide or murder. But I used to love to listen to him.

But on topic - yes, there are a number of songs I like that are clearly or probably categorized as rap. Music has so many roles in life and one of them is make me feel, another to make me think, and another to provide insight into a world outside my own. American Terrorist by Lupe Fiasco is one of my favorite songs. One Shot by Eminem is on my short playlist that I was listening to earlier tonight. I like both of those for the lyrics and music.

Shorty Wanna Ride With Me by Young Buck or Must Be The Money by Nelly (both of which I have on my playlist) are examples of songs I like the music but have a hard time with the lyrics, or maybe more accurately, the lifestyle that produced those lyrics or the lyrics celebrate. But they make me think and I find value in that.
 ScorpioTix
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Is RAP music?
Posted: 4/14/2018 6:53:59 AM
YES

(I didn't actually read the post)
 cooldog65
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Is RAP music?
Posted: 4/16/2018 1:38:41 AM
Compared to old school rap, it's a bunch of incoherent mumbling. I prefer old school R&B because today's R&B stands for Rap & Bullshit.
 Coma_White
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Is RAP music?
Posted: 5/15/2018 12:04:08 AM
A lot of music has no melody like background music in movies and African drum circle music. It doesn't need a melody to be music. Technically, any type of sound can be considered music. You can even just perform a bunch of rests (silence) like John Cage and call it music.
 WakemanR
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Is RAP music?
Posted: 5/28/2018 4:35:53 AM
It's definitely music.

Whether it's GOOD music is up to the individual to decide.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Is RAP music?