Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > App won't work whilst connected to WiFi.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThatSpiffingChap
Msg: 1
App won't work whilst connected to WiFi. Page 1 of 1    
Hi, I've searched high and low, for a solution, all to no avail. My problem is simply that, when I have my Samsung phone connected to WiFi, the app doesn't work correctly. It takes ages to show profiles and messages. Turn the WiFi off, and it works like lightning.. I've tried disabling the ipv6 setting on the router. The app functions fine, if I turn aeroplane mode on, and then turn the WiFi on. Obviously, this is an impractical solution, as I'm unable to use my phone for calls or for messages, etc... Whilst it is in this mode. Please, please can someone tell me how to remedy this? It's driving me nuts. I dread opening the app when I'm home. My provider is Plusnet. All my other apps ie, Facebook, Google, WhatsApp, function perfectly fine. It's solely the PoF app, that becomes so slow, its intolerable.
 feirene
Msg: 2
view profile
History
App won't work whilst connected to WiFi.
Posted: 4/14/2018 3:11:14 PM
Have you tried removing the app and re-downloading it? Sometimes that can work.
 ThatSpiffingChap
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/15/2018 8:39:32 AM
Hi, thanks for the reply. Yea, I've tried that already... I completely cleared the data, cache, uninstalled, reinstalled.. It's just stayed the same. It'll be some stupid setting, on the phone, app or router. It's beyond irritating now.
 ThatSpiffingChap
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/15/2018 9:54:59 AM
Just an update. I've tried using the mobile site, via the chrome browser. I'm having the same issue. The profiles, who's viewed me, my messages, etc... All take ages to load, as with the app.
 feirene
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2018 10:48:21 PM
I don't think anyone maintains this site any more so it's unlikely anything will get fixed. Hopefully your next phone update will fix the issue, i think they update fairly regular so you might not have a long wait.

I like your profile, it's fun.
 Coqui42
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/11/2019 4:21:45 AM
Make sure your Wi-Fi configurations is connected Automatic and not to BootP.
Posted: 5/13/2019 9:48:29 AM
It happens to me too. Often works only when using data, as opposed to WI-fi.
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > App won't work whilst connected to WiFi.