Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Penny for your thoughts (more from the ladies perhaps)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GoodCuppaT
Msg: 1
Penny for your thoughts (more from the ladies perhaps)Page 1 of 1    
Good evening all! I hope you are well?

Got a few thoughts about profiles and dating going around my mind and I thought, after an hour of battling to log in here, why not pitch my thoughts to you girls and guys; see what the general thought might be :)

1. I am of the feeling that its worth exchanging a few messages before meeting up for a date. Its costly on time and money to risk meeting up with someone after just one or two short messages. Of course, the possible pen-pal thing is an issue, but I've lost several people I was in contact with simply because I said I'd like to know a little more about them (usually with "ask me" type profiles). Am I wrong to want to check a few things first before dipping into my pockets and taking time out to go see them?

(Quote one I just got for a mutual match on OKC where I sent one message of introduction, and asked a few basic questions that were not in her profile, she replies "I don't do electronic chit-chat, so lets just meet up and see how goes" and thats it).

2. Taking a bit of seeded turn now, I know I'd never get my profile right for everyone. Not a chance in hell! However one thing I sometimes ponder is mentioning sexual things that actually have some fairly notable baring on a relationship (or date XXX). Some would seem to take any sexual remark to mean you're a perv who only wants sex. However, we are all human, and some ladies will state their sexual preferences to some extent, just the same as "fit, attractive, GSOH, ..." god-like etc. But from my humble point of view, I would fair badly with a woman whom might struggle with a partner who has a high libido, and 'other practical considerations' without going into detail, so should I just be open and ask a potential seeker consider the practical and sexual components of myself in my description (worded very carefully of course) and/or attempt to bring it up when messaging (point 1. aside)?

3. Even more seeded, and being very open and honest here (to my demise perhaps, so please be forgiving). I am ultimately seeking long term, so find/be found, talk a little, meet up, date, hope it goes well and if it does I'm not the least bit afraid of commitment and exclusivity. However, I have also been single a year now, and not had the company of a woman that time, not even a hint and frankly (sorry for being uncouth) I am almost gagging for it now. I've never done a ONS, FWB or anything like it but in some ways, while I am single and free though I could actually do with blowing off a little frustration.

Thats not to say I'll hop in my car and go dogging, because in my mind I think there must be some women out there, separated, more carefree, not sure about long term but partial to a gentleman of the night etc. that I could "hook up" with for mutual benefit. But, if I put anything remotely like the afore mentioned terms in my profile, I get a ton of flack "all men are the same, sex is everything...". I've tried a load of sites to split one and the other, but I can't get anything long term or short term. However, better I keep my POF and OKC type profiles strictly long term, or do I drop a little hint to say I'm long, loose and full juice? (again, pardon my crass terms)

Hope that all makes sense, sorry for the long read too. I type at a rate of knots and do type like I were actually speaking :)

Thanks and happy dating! :)
 billybonds
Msg: 2
Penny for your thoughts (more from the ladies perhaps)
Posted: 4/15/2018 1:13:46 PM
My trust house forte is economic Collapse that never happens. So I'm awfully sorry you'll have to put up with me giving you advice on stuff that leaves me befuddled. Love your username gooey, I'm thinking of calling myself Lovelycupoftea. In your honour. I love William Shatner too. Great profile , words , pictures the whole enchilada.

I don't mind you going on about sex as I don't feel put upon by a a complete stranger of a different sex. There was a girl about your age on here a year ago. She would have been perfect for you in my honest opinion. Very endearing like you . Tis a pity ..cue someone who tells me to micturate off :(....good luck op..
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/15/2018 1:15:12 PM
I got about half-way & started to lose the will to live.......
I've been here (on & off) since 2005...my experience
(for what it's worth) is that an amazing amount of women
stagger in half cut on a Saturday night & join, egged on by mates
(well it's free ennit.....no wot I mean).
Another mob are only here for free food (believe it)
Most lie about their age/weight/kids/anything material.
Forget trying for a FWB - you will get blanked -
even by the dead certs who enjoy travel/theatre/fine dining.
I hang around on Forum these days - I'm older, I work for a living
& I've got better things to do than massaging overweight egos -
but don't let me stop you...........the replies might be entertaining......

GoodCuppaT
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/15/2018 2:07:25 PM
Thanks guys :) Yes I agree with most of what both of you say, and duracell_bunny_one (not to massage your ego by quoting that ;) ), there are the free meal mob types, had several of them.

And GoodCuppaT - I'm sticking with it as its less like "WellHungDong" or "SuperLadyCharmer3000", and besides, what lady doesn't like something hot and milky inside her... ah whatever - you're right, lets see what others put on here :D

Thanks again!
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2018 6:42:21 PM
There are skads of threads discussing the questions raised in the OP, you could try reading some of them.

The sexual innuendo in OP was just long-winded but not offensive. Post 4 was just gross.
 GoodCuppaT
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/16/2018 2:15:18 AM
Points from previous reply duly noted. And regrettably I was unable to edit my 4th post so the joke of poor taste .. remains.

Thank you for your analytical approach to the OP :)
 feirene
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2018 2:40:38 AM
1. Most people will actually want to spend some time getting to know you before meeting also. If they drift away then it's likely you're not what they're looking for, women will be getting messaged off other guys too that may be more appealing or they get on better with so you're up against that. It's also possible you're asking them things they are not comfortable divulging. There's all kinds of reasons why that is happening but it's not unreasonable for you to want to chat first, it's fine.

1.a. It seems weird that someone wouldn't want to chat first, women tend to want to make sure you're safe to meet. But maybe she gets a lot of guys wanting to chat and not meet so has decided this approach would be best? People are doing what works for them so might not wanna do things the way you want them.

2. Most women get that guys want sex, and most of us want it too. And yes going on about it before you've seduced us is a huge put off and is why having it on your profile or in a first message is likely to always fail. it's not that you look like a perv it's more that we don't want sex with anyone and everyone and you need to do a little work before we will care to want sex. I'm on my 3rd message with a new guy i'm talking to and we're already discussing that stuff (nothing graphic just something important and then the conversation went back to 'normal'), but another guy i've been speaking to for weeks hasn't mentioned anything about it, so it depends on the person also.

3. People shouldn't be slagging you off for looking for sex, but i get why women are sick of being messaged by such guys and basically you are the same as them but it's not a crime. Go dogging or to a swingers club, you might enjoy it. :)

Your profile is the longest i've ever seen! Could be why nobody feels a need to chat, lol. Jk, long is good.
 Jacknher
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/16/2018 6:21:50 AM
Well firstly.......I don't think any of us really needed to know that you are "gagging for it". Really lovely expression that....ugh

I would fair badly with a woman whom might struggle with a partner who has a high libido,

Anyway, as for the fairing badly with a woman who might struggle with a partner who has a high libido etc etc
You could always try posting a few market research type questions on your profile that they could answer if they want to message you. Ie:

On a scale of 1 to 5......where 1 is not at all likely and 5 is extremely likely.

How likely would you be to knee me in the nads if I tried to pounce when you were in the middle of loading the dishwasher?
How likely would you be to get out and walk home if I asked for a bj on the way home from the takeaway?
How likely would you be to throw the remote control at it if I got it out and waved it about during The Great British Bake Off?
 rekirked
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/16/2018 7:41:17 AM
It’s not all about sex OP. Chill out, burp the worm and search on an empty tank, you’ll make much wiser choices.

Failing that rent a hooker, most of em are on here anyway.

HTH
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2018 3:28:36 PM
Kirk - That made me laugh ^^^

I actually wonder if this`ll be one of them 36 page plus threads??
 Hostess68
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2018 5:29:30 PM
A drunken guess came into work and proclaimed 'oh my God this is gonna get so many likes on facebook!' Is that how we measure our lives these days? How sad! I wonder how many likes makes a war
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Penny for your thoughts (more from the ladies perhaps)