Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > You get a "Meet Me" then no reply to your message...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
You get a "Meet Me" then no reply to your message...Page 1 of 1    
I've been wondering if the Meet Me function really works or if it's just bots sending out random messages. There have been a number of times that I've received a Meet Me from a person that was interested. I send a reply if I'm interested but get nothing back.
 BretIAm
Msg: 2
You get a Meet Me then no reply to your message...
Posted: 4/16/2018 6:30:19 PM
Lots of bots, but in my experience, they get the boot fairly quickly.

Lots of people (men and women) swipe right or choose meet me just to improve their odds.

Don't give up.
 wadeinwaves
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2018 8:43:52 AM
"I've been wondering if the Meet Me function really works or if it's just bots sending out random messages. There have been a number of times that I've received a Meet Me from a person that was interested. I send a reply if I'm interested but get nothing back."

Maybe you were a 'maybe' and then they found someone they were more attracted to or felt would be a better match.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2018 3:13:03 PM
I met a gal from here and we saw each other 6 times as a result of her saying yes or maybe to me through the "Meet Me".

She was out of my search range (we live a little over 100 miles apart). Meet Me apparently shows people from up to a long distance over 100 miles.

Irony is her profile claims the usual "I'm not a paid member so I can't see Meet Me, so message me and don't do Meet Me".

I'm not paid either, but did a search on POF and her username.

The vast majority of messages to my real email (usually the spam folder) from POF saying "User xyz1000102 wants to meet you" or "User abc456789 added you as a favorite" are a result of fake accounts. POF is good at removing them, because usually if you plug that username into a search, they are already gone.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2018 4:19:05 PM
I don't know what goes on behind the scenes here, but I'm sure people are scammers and get booted by the time you look them up or read their message. I rarely get scammers, but did get a message from one and now he's gone. I'm sure he was busy lining up women to take the convo off of pof, so if he wasn't booted by pof, he self deleted, to come back another day. I've seen that. I don't look at I Want To Meet You messages, since they haven't read your profile.
 julystorm7
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/18/2018 11:57:22 PM
All Meet Me says is that someone liked your profile pic. It doesn't mean someone likes you and wants to get to know you. Often a person will swipe yes on a photo then realize upon reading the profile that they do not want to meet the person. I really wish there was a chcck box for reading a person's profile and liking it. But I just use that for a ting option.
 KPOL52
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/24/2018 1:04:39 PM
I'm sure it works quite well for those folks who are some combination of desperate for ANY contact/interested in contacting the most people in the shortest amount of time/or just plain bored.

It's not going to be on the banner taking up space UNLESS it helps keep people busy on the site or makes the site money.

Hitting the NO button for several minutes will illustrate quite simply how it works.
Posted: 4/25/2018 4:37:38 PM
I usually look at the profiles most of the time I say "yes" while swiping through the Meet Me selections. If I find the person attractive I'll click on their profile. If I like what I read I'll back up and say yes. Sometimes I just click but most of the time I do some reading.
 hemingway234
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2018 2:32:57 PM
Dating is a process and people change their minds and flake all the time. Don't overthink it.
 CBGB77
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2018 7:14:46 AM
I get more "Meet Me" responses since I changed my profile picture to a photo of my cats,lol
 wadeinwaves
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2018 3:23:58 PM
"I get more "Meet Me" responses since I changed my profile picture to a photo of my cats,lol"

If someone owns pretty coloured cats with pretty faces then lots of cat loving women ARE going to want to meet THEM. I wonder if I should upload a photo of my pet rats to see if I get the same results you did. I own rare mutations (rats with long hair called 'harley coated rats'). Hmmm...let's see maybe I should try this now!
 NewYorker58
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2018 5:34:14 PM
Endless, I don't know how many women actually look at those I Want To Meet You messages to see who it is. I know I don't.
 CBGB77
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2018 6:08:20 AM

Posted By: wadeinwaves on 5/11/2018 558 PM
Subject: You get a Meet Me then no reply to your message...
Message: "I get more "Meet Me" responses since I changed my profile picture to a photo of my cats,lol"

If someone owns pretty coloured cats with pretty faces then lots of cat loving women ARE going to want to meet THEM. I wonder if I should upload a photo of my pet rats to see if I get the same results you did. I own rare mutations (rats with long hair called 'harley coated rats'). Hmmm...let's see maybe I should try this now!

wadeinwaves,thanks for uploading a photo of your rats,they are really cute. I heard that rats are great pets,very smart and affectionate too.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/12/2018 7:27:15 AM
OP, POF for the most part, is a FIDGET SPINNER for dysfunctional people.

The functional ones eventual get into a relationship (isn't that why they are here?), while the rest keep fidgeting away, b1tching & moaning.

I would exclude the forum folks from my statement though. They are here for the forums ;0D
 purplerider1200
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2018 3:24:22 PM

OP, POF for the most part, a FIDGET SPINNER for dysfunctional people.

Has to be. Both make no sense at all.
 sussex11
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/13/2018 7:26:01 PM
CBGB77
What if I don't like cat's? I'm more of a dog person!
 CBGB77
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2018 6:40:58 AM

Posted By: sussex11 on 6/13/2018 901 PM
Subject: You get a Meet Me then no reply to your message...
What if I don't like cat's? I'm more of a dog person!

Well I think my cat pictures didn't attract to many dog lovers,just my girlfriend,she has a dog and a cat.
 ssm508
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2018 6:49:05 AM
I never paid any attention to the "meet me" feature". For some people, it can be an ego boost just to see how many people are possibly interested in them. Others might have changed their mind after seeing your stats, other pictures, and/or reading the profile.
 My_Witty_ScreenName
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/8/2018 2:26:57 PM
I've been on and off this site since 2003. There have ALWAYS been plenty of fake accounts. They seem to do a decent job with deleting them, but there's always more new ones. So....there are plenty of times where I see the main pic I'm thinking she's cute. then I got to the profile and see more pics and I quickly change my mind. Not saying that's the case with you, because there are plenty of other factors as well. Height, body type, interests, not knowing how to form proper sentences or spell properly.....and distance. Distance can be a big deal to a lot of people and depending on what their life's situation is at the moment, some distance can ruin things. Hell, there's a town from me that's 45 minutes away. The distance is a slight issue, but if you find a great connection then 45 minutes doesn't matter. Although, when it comes to this 1 town I steer clear. I lived there from 2005 to 2013 and it really sucked for me and I wont go back. We all need to keep in mind that if you really hit it off then eventually 1 of you has to move in with the other. If neither of you can move (usually child custody court orders, and sometimes job related) then it's pointless to even talk to that person unless the sole intention is just to hook up on occasion.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2018 3:13:02 PM
Witty, I like the granite table you made☺
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > You get a "Meet Me" then no reply to your message...