Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Weber Theory of Objectivity      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Inicia
Msg: 1
Weber Theory of ObjectivityPage 1 of 1    
What do you believe Weber claimed about objectivity‘Objectivity’ in Social Science and Social Policy” (Weber 1904a [1949]) and do you feel he believed that "certain" scientific researchers were more capable of objectivity???
 reason782
Msg: 2
Weber Theory of Objectivity
Posted: 4/24/2018 7:56:21 PM
an observer wouldn't notice the difference between an static point and a point rotating in place,

given any point by itself it could be said to be moving with the observers field of vision, making it look like the point is staying in place. observers field of vision has to stay in place to notice a point move. a point moving is equivalent to an observers field of vision moving and a point staying still.

given any shape rotating, with the observer rotating at the same degree as the shape, a point or a difference in the background is required to differentiate between this or a still picture (as it would appear without a difference in the background)

a circle could be said to be a point outside the center with the plane or observer rotating at a speed to make the point appear to be a circle

a shape could be growing as an observer steps back and appear to be the same shape
 reason782
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/24/2018 8:03:54 PM
^ sorry if i hijacked your thread, but i think i could of posted that in any thread and it would of had meaning... GG lol
 Inicia
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/25/2018 9:47:03 AM
point is moving- whether static or rotating- the rotating observers point of vision etc-ALL ARE MOVING- as you do not dip your toe into the same river twice??? 360 degrees of truth at least---your center of existence surrounded by 360 points (of observance or more)
 reason782
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/25/2018 7:36:28 PM
background and foreground...

given some foreground X, a background Y that contains a difference by itself(or Y isn't equal to the empty set) gives the observer a higher capability of differentiation of the properties of the elements within the foreground X using Y as the background

..but one could see all this foreground and background as one foreground,

...its just a plane with all the elements in place on one plane, versus there being a plane for each separate element.

da all c'ing eye would see it all as... being on one plane, all elements on separate planes, and all combinations of x elements being on a plane together, and so on...
 reason782
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/25/2018 10:41:01 PM

but i think i could of posted that in any thread and it would of had meaning... GG lol

i think it is too simple to read over this quote and not see what it actually implies, so i'll quote it again... its too simple to miss but amazing in its implication
 Inicia
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/26/2018 9:16:21 AM
If so why chose this thread to post???TY though
 Inicia
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/26/2018 9:18:31 AM
If so- why no massive post to all threads??? Again TY do you have any thoughts on Max Weber's theory???Yes your post does definitely address the idea of objectivity in perception?? or lack thereof!!
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Weber Theory of Objectivity