Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Come out, come out wherever you are      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 KPOL52
Msg: 1
Come out, come out wherever you arePage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
So, just what is it going to take?

To get all of you Forum Lurkers to come out of hiding?

Many of you are still active on this site, but seldom if ever post. Unless of course one of your OLD hot topics, buttons or call them issues pops up. We need fresh blood and you are not helping by simply lurking.

Perhaps the missing and sometimes meddling Mods get "credit" for your absence?

What might happen if Match were to put Forums back on the Fish banner? Make any difference?
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 2
olly olly oxen free, come get your sacred cow gored here
Posted: 4/26/2018 2:45:45 PM
every now and then, one pops up for a fav subject, and i'm surprised they are still around--and I've tried at times to push their buttons :). Or maybe that was the day they were bored and remembered they had a membership here.
 Kelley300698
Msg: 3
Come out, come out wherever you are
Posted: 4/26/2018 10:35:54 PM
It would help if POF would archive old subjects for researchers and remove them from the search list. Most people prefer to respond to the OP and few people care to respond to subjects with 20 to 40+ pages and/or after the OP has been gone for years. Furthermore, society changes so answers that were relevant ten years age may not even be relevant in 2018.
 newtnhoney
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2018 3:10:07 PM
I've been on POF a few years now and just recently found out they even had Forums. They need to put a tab on the first page, not hide it at the bottom.
 Braylen99
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/28/2018 7:28:27 PM
I see the same yentas complaining about no good men left
 PennyAnte
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2018 8:20:54 AM
In 2007 they had your last five forum posts linked to your profile. Mods were here and there were hundreds of tattle tales. Forum rules police! Marcus, the owner at the time probably thought the drama wasn't worth it, didn't like the cyber bullies and decided to remove it from the main menu and all profiles. The Ask a Girl, Guy forums got limited to 21 responses. Sex forums can not be seen unless you are signed in. They made a lot of changes. I don't think the forums were contributing to the revenue so Marcus more or less hid them. If they were somehow making him stacks he would have them advertised well and kept them as they were, part of the persons profile. I know that lured a lot more people back then to the pof forums. You are right, no new blood.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/29/2018 9:01:01 AM
IF the Forums made money for Match.com THEY would make the changes immediately.
 Kelley300698
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/29/2018 2:33:42 PM

In 2007 they had your last five forum posts linked to your profile. Mods were here and there were hundreds of tattle tales. Forum rules police! Marcus, the owner at the time probably thought the drama wasn't worth it, didn't like the cyber bullies and decided to remove it from the main menu and all profiles.

Marcus probably didn't own POF very long. Once something gets popular, the bankers, that own the Federal Reserve or some corporation they own, will purchase it. After all, they own the printing press. That way they control what ideas are allowed in the forums.

Regardless, of whether or not the forgoing is true, money rules. If the owners could make lots of money from the forums, they would make whatever changes were necessary.
 47Seagulls
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/29/2018 3:39:50 PM
The forums never made POF any money. That's why they never updated the formats or made any changes. They couldn't even be bothered replacing moderators. Marcus owned the site long enough to make a few million and move to Florida, geek makes good.
 Tyro327
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/29/2018 5:48:22 PM
He kept head office in BC didn't he? And Kelly neither banks nor gov't had anything to do with POF especially American one it's Canadian site. Although they due now indirectly kinda sort of with Chelsea Clinton who is part of the group who bought it. The group that bought it don't need banks they would own them if anything. IAC are CEOs of several places and you feed them money everyday they don't need to worry about money and profit. They should be more worried about monopolizing but at the same time don't think it pertains to holding companies think it might be a loop hole not sure though.
 Inner_circle
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2018 1:17:07 PM
For me, it seems every possible dating topic has been done on here. I feel I contributed enough on those topics and sticking around feels like beating a rather dead horse.

I like to feel productive, and posting here after you have done if for a long time, does not feel productive. (to me)
 Canelas19
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2018 2:37:05 PM
I'm fairly new but I mostly read. There is so much to read, and some great info. I like these forums :)
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/30/2018 5:16:24 PM
The petty behind the scenes stuff & the gossip remind me of my last job.
 ItCouldBeNice2
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2018 6:57:53 PM

[I]newtnhoney[/I]I've been on POF a few years now and just recently found out they even had Forums. They need to put a tab on the first page, not hide it at the bottom.

Oh, I did not even know they had a tab on the bottom. I thought that they had removed all signs of having a POF forum from the dating site.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2018 5:53:03 AM
I can't find a tab on the bottom of my profile or any other.
 blackbeauty744
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2018 6:21:11 AM
They will prompt you before you delete your profile. Back in 2015 I went to delete my page but then POF suggest I head over to profile reviews.

And I have never looked back from this pseudo daytime tv soap opera that is known as the forums hahahahaha
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 17
and bring your damn cookies with you.
Posted: 5/4/2018 8:09:29 AM
Golly, Inner Circle, there's a face from the past.

There's still education to be found here, but its found everywhere. Last night my ex from over 15 yrs ago (according to the age of her kid who is not mine) called for the monthly kvetch. She wishes she could build a fire under her son's ass, and I laughed and said every parent says that. He's got a project due and he's dragging his feet. She lamented that as adults, we would have just whipped it thru rather than do it the night before its due (and used a public library, too). I pointed out its a frame of reference--as adults, we're used to work being thrown at us to do. For a teen, their life is fun and chasing pretty girls, so a project is a massive burden, relatively speaking. I'm still not sure if the real lesson behind the paper and presentation he has to make is to learn what he's writing about, or learn to not put things off until the last minute. But it was fun to think about how as kids, we viewed work (mow the lawn, shovel the driveway, write a paper, etc) then as a big deal, and now its just another part of the daily grind.

"Oh, I did not even know they had a tab on the bottom."

>>>don't bother, I pulled the tab and an oxygen mask fell out. as for the drama, well, we get out what we put in. I could hold back on things I post in the political forum and not get grieved, but...where's the fun in that? maybe that should be a new computer game for a cellphone...a mudpuddle with water streaming thru it, and the cursor is a stick.

everyone who's been a little boy, knows exactly what I mean.
 cooldog65
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2018 6:38:11 AM

Golly, Inner Circle, there's a face from the past.

I remember her, too. Previous username is escaping me. I remember the picture where she is holding the coffee cup. Most of the previous pictures were black and white I think.

Welcome back!
 julystorm7
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/10/2018 8:49:50 AM
The traffic has sure slowed down to a snail's face the last few days. Must be the nice weather or something. The only reason I ended up on here is because back in 2007 or 2008 I was on the forums a lot and I wanted to figure out if my old posts were on here but I can't recall my username so I couldn't find myself on here. Otherwise I wouldn't have known about the forums. I actually had thought they'd ended but I was reading an article on pof I found on google about pof and it mentioned the forums (it was an old article) so I did a google search to see if they were still around and voila there they were. I'm not sure I'd like to have these forums known so well. I would probably have had to get a pof account just for here. Too many personal things I'm posted here but because of the fact no one seems to know they exist, it gives me a bit of anonymity.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2018 7:42:32 AM
I get banned every time I come back on. I'm surprised I've lasted this long.

And if I am banned, AGAIN, I'll come back, in a few days or after a year.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2018 7:46:36 AM

I see the same yentas complaining about no good men left

Nah, maybe you're thinking about the same three people with dozens of finger puppets creating all of the "daytime" online drama.
 MsMicki
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2018 7:50:47 AM
Only reason I came back for a look was from absolute boredom from being off work!!
I would take a peek now and then and didn't see much going on...but this time decided to jump in ...

Now that the weather is breaking here....my online time will greatly diminish!!
 JGL209
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2018 8:08:33 AM
OKKupid years back had a forum and even a messenger system.. It was great and there was so many people to talk to. It made POF look like a small pond. I miss those days. Now has OKKUPID been reduced to a politically correct playground for feminist and leftist.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2018 2:28:48 PM
JGL209: POF had a messenger system too. It was better because you didn't have to exchange an email or your phone number to start communicating with someone. Now I have a disposable phone I use to chat or text and an email that is only for potential dates and it's on Google plus so you can add them to "hang outs"and chat without having to give more info than here. I use my user name pennyante.. It's not my primary email for family and friends or business.
 JGL209
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2018 3:23:08 PM

POF had a messenger system too. It was better because you didn't have to exchange an email or your phone number to start communicating with someone. Now I have a disposable phone I use to chat or text and an email that is only for potential dates and it's on Google plus so you can add them to "hang outs"and chat without having to give more info than here. I use my user name pennyante.. It's not my primary email for family and friends or business.

I didn't know that about POF or google plus.. I'll have to check into that...
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Come out, come out wherever you are