Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Too many transgender...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 VampiroNocturno85
Msg: 1
Too many transgender...Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Is there a way to block these peoples, I hate asking women if they're trans, but I can't tell anymore, I look at pictures and analyze details, but in the end I can't really tell, I have lowered my standards and started dating older women or ugly women, so when I see pictures I'm like is she just ugly or is it a man?? I have one horror story from this site this is why now I'm extra careful and ask and be 99% sure I'm meeting a female, some of these trans dudes are very deceptive they even photoshop their pictures and will trick you into meeting. If there is a way or code word to spot trans please let me know.
 wadeinwaves
Msg: 2
Too many transgender...
Posted: 4/28/2018 10:31:06 AM
No, there is no way to block transgender since there is no option for stating a person is transgender. Transgender usually wear a lot of makeup and wear wigs which leads me to wonder if you're only attracted to made up women instead of ones who are more natural looking?

Lowering your standards means dating someone older than yourself? I find this funny and am not sure why.
 VeeDub_EVO_III
Msg: 3
Too many transgender...
Posted: 4/28/2018 10:35:23 AM
You're right... some of the trans-gender people can make very convincing women. I've encountered a few. One even wanted to be "my son's new mommy!". Obviously I declined.

The LGBTQ community are people too with rights. They have the same wants and desires as anybody else. So try to not take it as a personal offense.

However... I could be wrong... but if they are misrepresenting their true sex, perhaps its a violation of policy? Perhaps reporting them is necessary? I think POF needs to somehow improve it's system regarding this topic so that members of the LGBTQ community can meet with people with the same interests instead of randomly approaching obviously straight people.
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 4
Too many transgender...
Posted: 4/28/2018 11:48:03 AM
This is paranoia.

I've seen a few profiles where they clearly state that they're trans. But even advocates only claim a prevalence of 3 in 1000 in terms of the general population. If you're seeing them all the time, I'm afraid it's you.
 VampiroNocturno85
Msg: 5
Too many transgender...
Posted: 4/28/2018 1:31:39 PM
halfofhalfnot, make a profile with a San Francisco address, then come back and tell me with a straight face it's paranoia. POF is almost useless in SF, I see more trans profiles than normal people...
 curvylady1965
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 4/28/2018 7:34:53 PM
If a person is transgender, they don't identify with their birth sex. So a person born as a male who identifies as a female and is pursuing a male is not trying to mislead. They are just being who they are and pursuing who they are attracted to.
 VeeDub_EVO_III
Msg: 7
Too many transgender...
Posted: 4/28/2018 10:20:20 PM

If a person is transgender, they don't identify with their birth sex. So a person born as a male who identifies as a female and is pursuing a male is not trying to mislead. They are just being who they are and pursuing who they are attracted to.

That's a matter of opinion. I think the general consensus will be if they're born male, they are male. What they identify with will not be recognized by most. Therefore it will be viewed as deceit if they knowingly identify themselves as female while possessing male genitals.

Most trans-genders are not post-op... they still posses male genitalia. The average straight guy will not care what they "think" they are a female and will undoubtedly be a little put off .

The OP has a point...
 basilisk123
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 4/30/2018 3:47:46 AM
I live in Houston, and we got a pretty healthy LGBT community out here, and all the ones I see usually spell out that they are trans in their profiles. I am not afraid of dating someone who might be a trans. I am hetero, that is all I need to know. If I find out later that I am actually attracted to a trans, then I will cross that bridge when I come to it. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.
 from site to sight
Msg: 9
Too many transgender...
Posted: 4/30/2018 7:58:41 AM
" I am not afraid of dating someone who might be a trans."

At what point would you be curious about whether the trans woman has a penis or not? Not every trans gets the plumbing fixed right away.
 Tech30
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 4/30/2018 8:06:12 AM
I dont care what anyone does in life, but cutting off genitals and acting feminine doesnt make someone a woman.

I am attracted to biological women only. I think some people who have a harder time getting dates may start to settle for men who act like women though .

Maybe these sites need a different category for trans people
 basilisk123
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 4/30/2018 12:44:51 PM
"At what point would you be curious about whether the trans woman has a penis or not? Not every trans gets the plumbing fixed right away. "-From site to sight

If you find that you like a trans enough to want to have sex with them, why would it matter if they are post op, or pre op?

" I dont care what anyone does in life, but cutting off genitals and acting feminine doesnt make someone a woman."- Tech30

A lot more work goes into it than just cutting off genitals, but I still get your point. I don't think it is about that. They are going through the procedure for themselves, not for you. Why should it matter what pronoun you call them? It is just a pronoun. It doesn't mean you have to screw them.

"I am attracted to biological women only. I think some people who have a harder time getting dates may start to settle for men who act like women though ".-Tech30

Good for you, I guess. (shrug). I just think that if someone finds themselves in a situation where they fallen in love, then they need to take a serious look at it, regardless of who it is with.
As I said before, life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

"Maybe these sites need a different category for trans people "-Tech30

That is a possibility, but POF is an old site, and it is barely even working now as it is. Honestly I am ok with how it is, since most trans in my area put on their profile that they are trans. No hate, I just move on to the next.
 from site to sight
Msg: 12
Too many transgender...
Posted: 5/1/2018 4:37:22 AM
Can a trans woman who gets the plumbing done get pregnant? I haven't heard of any cases of that happening. That could be a problem for the younger ones who hope to someday have kids. There's always adoption, but most people want their own biological children. Kids don't grow up dreaming of adopting children.
 2ufo
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 5/1/2018 11:20:39 AM
I don't believe so.

Maybe one day they'll be able to have an ovary transplant.
 Tech30
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 5/5/2018 7:06:37 AM
A lot more work goes into it than just cutting off genitals, but I still get your point. I don't think it is about that. They are going through the procedure for themselves, not for you. Why should it matter what pronoun you call them? It is just a pronoun. It doesn't mean you have to screw them.

Because we dont need to play along with another person's fantasy world.
Just because you want to dress up and pretend youre a girl doesn't mean I have to play along too. Again, i think its fine if you want to, just dont make me play your game.

I think its horrible that Canada has legislation backing the use of preferred pronouns.

Like you have to call bruce jenner a women now or its hate speech to refer to him as a man.
I dont know what happened over the past 10 years or so but men have become very feminized. Though The rise in single mothers has something to do with it for sure.
 basilisk123
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 5/5/2018 11:09:35 AM
"Because we dont need to play along with another person's fantasy world.
Just because you want to dress up and pretend youre a girl doesn't mean I have to play along too. Again, i think its fine if you want to, just dont make me play your game."-Tech30

Sorry to inform you, but it is not a fantasy to them. It has very real consequences. It is a condition that they find themselves being afflicted with. It is called gender dysphoria. A condition where a person feels strongly that they are born as the wrong gender. I have a theory that they are people who are born with the opposite gender brains in their bodies, but since there is really no difference between male and female brains except activation intensity, there is no way to prove it. As I said, it is just my theory. I will attach reading material if you are inclined to read it. There is plenty of scientific reading material about the condition.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/conditions/gender-dysphoria
https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-families/gender-dysphoria/what-is-gender-dysphoria

"I think its horrible that Canada has legislation backing the use of preferred pronouns.
Like you have to call bruce jenner a women now or its hate speech to refer to him as a man. "- Tech30

That is kind of odd. I don't consider it hate speech, just a sign of ignorance.

"I dont know what happened over the past 10 years or so but men have become very feminized. Though The rise in single mothers has something to do with it for sure. "-Tech30

Those two things have nothing to do with each other. It is like saying a volcano erupted and killed millions of people, because my eyes were brown.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 5/5/2018 7:06:52 PM
Seems like the OP might just be a bit homophobic.

If it floats your boat, be a transsexual. Transsexuals however, had better be up front with whomever they contact, in order to not be confronted with an upset man who wasn't wanting one. I'll look at one, just out of pure curiosity. I've met a few flaming gay guys, and they were pretty entertaining. But they, like transsexuals, are just different.

I think you getting all bent outta shape over nothing. Since most people don't want to get involved with haters like you, I'm sure they wouldn't want to be around you, at all.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 5/7/2018 10:15:05 PM
Most people who are Trans have it stated clearly in their profile, or possibly in a photo caption. As much as guys don't like being surprised about odd people showing up for dates, I think Trans people are even MORE fearful and want to make sure it's absolutely clear who they are.

I'm guessing the OP has been fooled more than once by a pretty profile picture and never bothered to read into it.

If one TG is too many, then I'm afraid you're not going to have a fun time on ANY dating site, not just POF. At least here it doesn't cost anything extra - except maybe 30 seconds of reading time.
 Tech30
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 5/8/2018 6:38:37 PM
Sorry to inform you, but it is not a fantasy to them. It has very real consequences. It is a condition that they find themselves being afflicted with. It is called gender dysphoria. A condition where a person feels strongly that they are born as the wrong gender. I have a theory that they are people who are born with the opposite gender brains in their bodies, but since there is really no difference between male and female brains except activation intensity, there is no way to prove it. As I said, it is just my theory. I will attach reading material if you are inclined to read it. There is plenty of scientific reading material about the condition.

NO need to be sorry. Just because its not fantasy to them, doesn't mean its real. Just like god is real to some people, doesn't make it a real thing.

There may be no difference between male and female brains , but there is a difference in how men and women think .

Not using made up pronouns is not ignorance. Trying to force people to use them is. I have no issue with trans people, but when you force me to speak a certain way or act or think a certain way, then we will have a problem.

Boys growing up with no father figure and beign raised by women does have something to do with the rise in the amount of feminine men these days.

Your example of the volcano and colour of eyes was nonsense.
 basilisk123
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 5/9/2018 12:34:06 AM
"NO need to be sorry. Just because its not fantasy to them, doesn't mean its real. Just like god is real to some people, doesn't make it a real thing."-Tech30

I believe gender dysphoria is real and there is a growing body of evidence that shows that it is a real condition that is not attributed to psychological health, but is its own phenomenon.

http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2016/gender-lines-science-transgender-identity/

The consequences for ignoring it as a condition include but are not limited to severe anxiety, severe depression, self harm, self mutilation, and suicide. I don't expect you to agree with me 100%, but consider the possibility that it is true.

"There may be no difference between male and female brains , but there is a difference in how men and women think ."-Tech30

The only thing that separates male and female brain is centers of activity, intensity of activity, and the duration of activity when it happens. That is all the difference in our thought patterns are. Small deviations of activity. There is no great wall of gender identity that separates male and female. It is possible to blend the two identities because that is how nature works. It is very messy.
There is no way currently to get imaging resolution to the point we can zoom into small brain neuron networks. My THEORY is that there are some small differences, those differences which are related to sexual identity. As I said, there is no way to prove it without a doubt currently, but current research looks good.

"Not using made up pronouns is not ignorance. Trying to force people to use them is. I have no issue with trans people, but when you force me to speak a certain way or act or think a certain way, then we will have a problem. "-Tech30

"She, He, Hers, His, Her, Him" are not made up pronouns, but I get your point. I am American, I don't think anyone should be forced to speak a certain way. Everyone is more than welcome to say what they want, in fact I think it is best to say what is on your mind. Keeping feelings in creates festering wounds on the soul, and talking them out gives one perspective. That is what we are doing here, are we not? Yes, everyone should say what they want, but they should realize that they are not speaking into a void, people will talk back.

"Boys growing up with no father figure and beign raised by women does have something to do with the rise in the amount of feminine men these days. Your example of the volcano and colour of eyes was nonsense. "-Tech30

It has more to do with our society realizing that the freedom to be who you really are is more important than what society wants you to be. It is a good progression in my opinion.
As for my example, that was exactly the point. You are trying to tie two things together that have nothing to do with each other. There were always men who were less masculine. The only thing that changed is that now they are free to be who they are instead of pretending to be who they are not. It is a good change.
 from site to sight
Msg: 20
Too many transgender...
Posted: 5/9/2018 8:12:33 AM

Most people who are Trans have it stated clearly in their profile, or possibly in a photo caption. As much as guys don't like being surprised about odd people showing up for dates, I think Trans people are even MORE fearful and want to make sure it's absolutely clear who they are.

Maybe Caitlyn Jenner-formerly Bruce Jenner-should've made it clear to the women he ended up marrying and having kids with before dating them-that he's really a woman in a male body. If Jennner felt like a woman trapped in a man's body, does that mean his relationships with his former wives was a lesbian relationship-even though he was able to do the man's part in making babies? I could see how it would feel like getting a kick in the gut when a spouse says "I'm the opposite gender than what you think I am, and I was born in the wrong body. I want to change into the gender I feel I should be in."
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 21
when you want to dck around
Posted: 5/10/2018 5:18:49 AM
From what I could see of BJ, narcissism seemed to be his bigger issue. Whatever the case, tho, I have to imagine its a blow to find out your partner isn't what you thought they were...or fell in love with. Whether their issue is gender, or embezzling from the company, or....
 from site to sight
Msg: 22
when you want to dck around
Posted: 5/10/2018 6:05:49 AM
"From what I could see of BJ, narcissism seemed to be his bigger issue."

What a coincidence-that Caitlyn/Bruce is a big Trump supporter. At least they would have that in common-although nobody knows what Trump thinks of people who are transgendered.
 basilisk123
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 5/10/2018 2:53:17 PM
Bruce Jenner was raised in a different time. Things like Transgenderism would have killed his career as an athlete. Men were expected to be manly, and manly men married woman and had babies. He did it to protect himself. It was only recently that he could have come out as trans. So he is now a she. Her family knew about what she was for a long time. They just didn't publicize it until she came out herself.
I don't like that she killed that lady in the car crash and got away with it however. That was some bullshit.
 acrosstheplains
Msg: 25
Too many transgender...
Posted: 5/12/2018 1:50:45 PM
Too many guys seem to be afraid of a Crying Game moment. I don't see the problem, if you are confident about your own sexuality, I somehow doubt there will be that many pre op trans around deliberately trying to trip unsuspecting men up. Its more a fear of a remote event. Like being more afraid of flying than driving on the freeway
 Tech30
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Too many transgender...
Posted: 5/13/2018 5:33:23 PM
I wouldn't want to fly on the freeway. Thats a disaster.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Too many transgender...