Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Compared to OLD, how much attention do you receive IRL?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BretIAm
Msg: 1
Compared to OLD, how much attention do you receive IRL?Page 1 of 1    
I have talked with women co-workers who use OLD and they are nearly all in agreement: they either feel practically invisible to men offline whereas OLD gives them more and better options from men.

Women, do you receive more attention through OLD compared to IRL?
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 2
Compared to OLD, how much attention do you receive IRL?
Posted: 4/28/2018 6:03:18 PM
I had 4 choices.

1.Wait for some man to come knocking at my door. ( The man in brown is married, and the other guy is my son-in-law)
2.Wait for a new guy to come along at work, (Nah I don't date co-workers)
3.Pray for a man near my age to move to my small town, (Actually, "The Village of............") AND he must NOT be a member of a certain church, 1/2 of all residents, attend one of 6 churches, same religion.
4. Sign up for OLD, become acquainted with all it has to offer, positive or negative, be proactive, and have fun.

Without OLD I would never have met my BF, my "Giker Buy".!
 Robyn143
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2018 7:01:03 PM
I get more attention in real life..but only because they dont know how much of a jerk I am on first sight.
 wadeinwaves
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/28/2018 7:31:08 PM
If I was beautiful and possessed the body parts men find attractive or a even 7+ out of ten I'd get a lot more attention online. I find irl I get more interest from men (none I'm attracted to or the ones I do find are attractive are not a good match) because they are able to get a sense of who I am and get a glimpse of my sense of humor which these individuals see as an attractive trait. So a 5 like myself (some think I'm below and I can't help that as we all see beauty differently) can become a 6 because due to possessing qualities they find endearing. I find with a good personality, charisma and confidence a person will be more attractive then a two dimensional photo.
 daynadaze
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2018 8:29:55 PM
In real life, I have only met men on daing sights three times. Most who contact me, I am not interested in. Back in my dating days, meeting people in person was much easier.neven though. I've made it clear that I am not meeting anyone, I still get contacted, I just ignore them.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/28/2018 10:10:43 PM
Definitely more attention in real life. I am not into pictures, do not have a lot of pictures and look funny in pictures. IRL when I put myself together I can still turn a head or two.
 feirene
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2018 1:29:35 AM
Er yeah i get more attention online than irl, hundreds more guys can contact you online than you'd come into contact with offline. Most of them are unsuitable anyway, too far away, too not my type, too lying, etc.

I know i'm not invisible offline though. I dress slutty. :D
Not really, i dress 'gym type', leggings and tank tops.
 Tech30
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2018 8:56:38 AM
I do better in real life. Though thats when im in the 220 pound range. Which is now. I had a lot of attention at the dental convention in toronto and i get more attention when im out by myself.

On this site, i barely get attention (though I havent been using this site for quite a while )

I'm trying to get down to 200 for when i go to greece. Just need to start running again now that the nice weather is here and it shouldnt take long to get back to 200
 siisaa
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/1/2018 7:05:44 PM
I receive more attention online. In real life, I usually wear no makeup, glasses & casual clothes. I'm also pretty standoffish. If I have an active dating profile, I post my more flattering pictures of me without glasses (usually contacts) & light makeup. There was a period where I was receiving a lot of real-life attention but that's when I was highly social, friendlier and put myself together more.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2018 7:43:55 PM
None Vs none.

Seems pretty even to me.
 hey_suze
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2018 11:08:35 AM
Come on then tech.....Iv managed to get running again...let me know when you do..... 😊 Greece beckons you
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2018 5:33:30 AM
IRL, and it's not always the kind of attention I want.

I can't win.
 LucilleDixon
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/21/2018 4:29:55 AM
Offline: none. Getting attention would require me going somewhere other than to class and Wal-Mart.
OLD: A lil' bit. The attention that I do get on here (when my profile is visible with pics) is mostly from males that I'm not even interested in so I'm not going to consider that attention because I don't want them anyhow.

So I guess short answer is none and none, lol.
 Inicia
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/21/2018 8:58:25 AM
comparing the two- pretty similar-what we seek we find wherever-this just does not require any prep. just a keypad and me
 cooldog65
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 9:26:16 AM
A bit more in real life. No big deal.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 6:19:12 PM

I have talked with women co-workers who use OLD and they are nearly all in agreement: they either feel practically invisible to men offline whereas OLD gives them more and better options from men.

What do these women look like that they feel invisible?

It's always been my understanding that most women who are at least reasonably attractive get plenty of attention in real life.
Who else are men going to approach?
 siisaa
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/21/2018 8:22:45 PM
^ it's not solely about looks. It's also about a woman's vibe and energy she is giving off. A gorgeous girl who is insecure and walking with her head down and hiding behind her hair is not going to get the same amount of attention as an average-looking yet bubbly girl who puts herself together well & walks with brisk confidence.

Looks do matter but they're not the be-all to end-all, obviously.
 nba24
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 9:51:06 PM
None and like none lol. I am not good at picking up signs and with people in general but i only know of like 3 people in my whole life 1 for sure and 2 i think had a thing for me and 2 of those where women i had zero interest in and 1 who was during my earlier time when i was even more shy and also didn't real care about women. Online i have tried a few dating sites and i have messaged i think close to 200 women and only had like 4 that i think messaged me back and all 4 of those it was like 1 message and than i didn't here any thing. So not enough messages to try to get to really know them or set up a meet up or any thing. Heck on here i think i have messaged around 90 women and had like 1 respond but just 1 messaged. I try different types of messages like just saying high, asking them a question about one of there photos or asking them about something they said in there profile but women just dont respond. I dont even messaged women that much any more because the ones that i find to be attractive i have like already tried to talk to. Its rare that i see a attractive women around my age on here any more very rare and once in a while when i do normally i can tell we have nothing in common from there profile.
 BombayBeach
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2018 5:16:52 PM
None in real life. Havent been on a date in 7 years. OLD= LOTS of attention.

Is this because it's just easier for men to approach while behind a screen..or...is it because you seem more of a "fantasy" and a bit removed from real life, so his expectations for you are higher? I'm not sure. Maybe a bit of both. It appears that if men see me in real life there is zero interest. So somehow, OLD must give the illusion that I am more attractive/intersting than apparently I actually am.
 Inicia
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/2/2018 9:00:30 PM
Silsaa certain indicators(we often aren't even aware ) a female lowers her eyes to indicate she is approachable and interested- so a confident woman bubbly or not that fails this mating single-does not break the gaze/off the list- nother is dilated pupils therefore often brown eyed men and women will seem more warm and friendly and attractive.. These are probabilities so not the rule..yes some/many do not fall into these norms
 sun_water
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/3/2018 1:03:44 PM
The general consensus for my friends and relatives that have used internet dating (especially POF) is

Quantity: Internet Dating
Quality: Real Life

A lot of women receive emails from men that probably wouldn't approach them in real life. Men that are probably old or young enough to be a woman's father or son, men that are very overweight as examples.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Compared to OLD, how much attention do you receive IRL?