Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why so many physically unattractive men on here??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Robertatherese
Msg: 1
Why so many physically unattractive men on here??Page 1 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Scowling, angry looks on their faces. Wearing shades . Very below average.
Why so many physically unattractive men on here??
Posted: 5/5/2018 5:22:39 AM

Scowling, angry looks on their faces. Wearing shades . Very below average.

No offence, but you aren't exactly the best looking thing I've seen all day either.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2018 5:56:09 AM
There's no evidence you're in the great shape you claim to be. Your photos suggest you're inside all the time, perhaps a couch potato. Hiding a gut? The men who are in shape are more likely to message gals who show photos of a flat tummy, photos running a 5K, in a swimming suit on the beach showing their fitness. Messaging those gals if the photos probably aren't fake.

Why would you want a 21 year old to be able to message you? (They can't, by the way) Are you hoping he could hook you up with his divorced dad?

Many of the women have profiles hiding behind sunglasses too, and their facial expressions are not inviting.
 wadeinwaves
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/5/2018 7:59:23 AM
Look at people in real life. They too will mostly be below average to average in looks. It's only people who are above average who are mostly celebrated and appreciated because they are not commonplace. Keep in mind a person can become beautiful irl when their personality outshines their looks.

You also have to take a look at yourself as well and the men looking at you, myself and hundreds of other women who probably ask themselves a similar question (why so many physically unattractive woman on here?) when they themselves aren't above average themselves. I think it's time average looking folk grappled onto reality that the likelihood of above average folk having a ltr with us is going to be very small (they will sleep with fives, however) and that the fact that they aren't the majority.

Instead of seeing the norm (people who aren't 'good looking') as a negative maybe try to be a bit more open in your views? Some below average looking men make great partners, are devoted and are good family men. Sometimes the chemistry one can have with a below average to average looking man can't be matched with the lack of chemistry one can have with an above average looking man.

When it comes to donning sunglasses and hats in photos it comes down to some men (or women) hiding behind them. Maybe the sunglasses hide the fact a person doesn't possess facial symmetry or that a man wearing a hat in every photo (and on dates) is bald/ing. Regarding the scowling faces I have no answer but it would be nice to see you smile!
 curvylady1965
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2018 8:13:15 AM
There are lots of ways to be attractive without being physically attractive. I think focusing on physical attractiveness alone can eliminate many wonderful people. We aren't all born with model looks but many have other good qualities to bring to the table. In terms of the scowls, not everyone is comfortable having their photo taken and may not know what to do. At this stage in life, the last thing on my list is caring how physically attractive someone is. You aren't that much younger. Maybe look at the qualities you want in a long term partner. Looks fade eventually. What's left is what matters.
 daynadaze
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2018 8:27:37 AM
What did you hope to gain by insulting the men that you have no interest in dating? You need better photos, you make very high claims that aren't being supported by your photos.
 Like2dance
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2018 8:31:00 AM
Is this the pot calling the kettle black?

Most good looking people of either sex can get all the dates they want IRL.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/5/2018 8:51:24 AM
It’s because we have a right to be here. There’s no rule that you have to be good-looking to be on an online dating site.
 Railrunner
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2018 9:08:17 AM
Because we're burned out by broads who look like they fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down, then told we're "Below average" and questioned why we're here.
 siisaa
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2018 9:15:56 AM

No offence, but you aren't exactly the best looking thing I've seen all day either.

DAMN IT. Thanks for the laugh, lol!

While I won't comment on OP's looks, this thread is in very bad form and makes YOU appear unattractive, regardless of your actual face. All I can see is a thumbnail so I'm not at liberty to comment one way or another.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2018 11:11:38 AM
OP --

I agree that there are many men here who are not all that. Women too. But it's a free site with an enormous cross section of people from all intellectual and socio-economic levels. And there's someone for everyone if they are realistic in their search.

As other posters said, most mature adults IRL are NOT good looking. About 2/3 of us are overweight. And many of us just don't put in the effort to look their best in other ways. And if you really think about it what makes most people their most attractive is grooming and attention to health. Lot's of folks on here ruining their own chances with hair styles and facial hair "outside the mainstream". But you just can't get them to "change". They're happy the way they are. Clueless, but happy with themselves.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder when it comes to tats and piercings. Some think they're great. Some, not so much.

Some of the profile pics are taken in pig-pen environments (not too classy) or 100% in the office (married?). Some even in public bathrooms (WTF?)

I can also agree with those who say that your profile does pics do not work to your advantage. You appear to be very lovely. And your last picture -- if one looks carefully --shows that you do have a nice shape. Your pics are either blurry, not smiling, or taken with bad camera angles. Why not enhance your natural beauty with some subtle make-up and, comb your hair, and make use of good photography? And show at least one full length.

Then, maybe take your profile to Tindr or Elite Singles sites. Looks really matter to all the members there. So, you won't feel the need to state your preferences and opinion of self so overtly.
 Tyro327
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/5/2018 11:29:41 AM

Scowling, angry looks on their faces. Wearing shades . Very below average

Well aren't you a bloody ray of sunshine who's attraction is equivalent to a warthog smothered in cow manure dressed in rags from the mid 70s.

See I can do that too you don't like the pictures don't look, you have a problem with shades to bad suns out, you don't want an angry face stop wanting pictures not everyone lives their life in front of a camera and think it's greatest thing. It's actually annoying always has been nothing worse then people saying come on need a group photo or school photo put you in clothes you hate to get a picture you never wanted so shut up and enjoy the damn picture.
 from site to sight
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/5/2018 12:25:54 PM

Scowling, angry looks on their faces.

Do you mean like in your picture OP? You're not smiling in any of the pictures in your profile, and you look annoyed and angry in them.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2018 1:44:46 PM
<<<< This is scowling???

Since when are you a little ray of sunshine?
 grover14
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2018 2:26:50 PM
It's not just guys, I see so many primary photos that are horrible. I think to myself, if that's the best photo they can find, they need to tidy up a little. I try to show a current representation of myself on an average day. Everyone likes a smile.
 wadeinwaves
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/5/2018 5:03:52 PM
"I agree that there are many men here who are not all that. Women too. But it's a free site with an enormous cross section of people from all intellectual and socio-economic levels. And there's someone for everyone if they are realistic in their search."

Wholeheartedly agree with this and wanted to point out the latter part of your reply is bang on.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 17
what happens when you aren't a paid member
Posted: 5/5/2018 5:12:04 PM
"scowling angry looks on their faces"

>>.at the monthly man meeting, they mentioned constantly being bothered by some broad with a dude's name. We told them not to get so upset, but they told us we didn't know what it was like. Just seemed to make them madder.

"wearing shades"

>>>well, we've had other ladies complain about men not wearing shirts. At least you got that.

"very below average".

>>you should have heard their complaints.
 BretIAm
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/5/2018 7:08:55 PM
Everyone is entitled to an opinion and appearances are subjective.

I wouldn't recommend creating an entire thread relating to the personal appearance of others unless your own house is in order, but that's just me.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2018 7:28:22 PM
I can't help but wonder if it's Kelley in disguise.
 curvylady1965
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2018 7:40:05 PM
You have a point. It may be Kelley. She shows up out of the blue and starts posting a lot of provocative things. Kelley was someone (pretty sure not the girl in the photo) who was doing some sort of research on old. Could have been a writer for a paper or blog or magazine. Or a kid in university doing a sociology paper.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2018 7:45:23 PM
She could have been any of those things since she did mention she was taking psychology. I saw her as an immature kid who thinks they know everything.
 BlindFreddy1
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2018 7:54:43 PM
Is that why your pics are all full of.. Happy , Smiling , Positive Expressions ..??? LOL
God only knows what the outrage would be if a man was to make similar comments about women....!!!
You wouldn't be one of those typical angry feminists by chance.. Would you..???
I would have to say your mind set is... Very below average!!
Posted: 5/5/2018 7:54:54 PM

Hey. I'm not unattractive. I'm a hot bast*rd. So there.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2018 10:10:19 PM
BLESS YOUR HEART
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2018 12:17:49 AM
You seem attractive looking despite comments to the contrary. The truth is attractive men with it all going on dont have to be on a site like this. Simple..... they can find women in real life....Your general tone on the profile is not very inviting especially the header.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why so many physically unattractive men on here??