Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Women Don't Know What They Want      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ComedyisLife1
Msg: 1
Women Don't Know What They WantPage 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Went on just 2 dates from here and so far, they honestly don't know what they are looking for in a man. They come with all kinds of drama and extra baggage.

If you are going to date, then try and leave the baggage behind. Not cool when you start to talk about your ex and just rant all night about why you're not married with 4 kids and how every guy you met has cheated on you....

Wow...
 moraima
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Women Don't Know What They Want
Posted: 5/7/2018 12:23:07 PM
You picked your date. Might want to chat with person before meeting to try to avoid the folks with baggage.

Trust me >>>>> there are as many baggage carrying men as there are women.

Any talk of an ex and I am done with them.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2018 12:31:24 PM
I think a lot of people might not know what they
want, but they'll know it when they see it.

Conversely, most people know what they don't want
when they see it.

OLD is fantasy and preconceptions until you meet
in person.

I totally get it.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2018 12:45:50 PM

Went on just 2 dates from here and so far, they honestly don't know what they are looking for in a man.

Ain't that the truth.
No, wait!
Isn't that bullshit
Hang on a sec!!
Isn't that the truth.
Than again!!!
Sounds like bullshit to me.
Fuck I don't know what I want.
 from site to sight
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/7/2018 12:51:08 PM
Someone who will pay for the dates is a starting point in what they're looking for.
 hey_suze
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2018 2:13:48 PM
Why don’t you look at it as.....oh well, but I got out, had a nice enough night and maybe learnt something about them and me...you’ve probably got a lot more of these dates to get through before you find the one, so maybe just enjoy it for what it is.....
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2018 3:46:29 PM
Hey Suze writes
Why don’t you look at it as.....oh well, but I got out, had a nice enough night and maybe learnt something about them and me...you’ve probably got a lot more of these dates to get through before you find the one, so maybe just enjoy it for what it is.....

^^^^^ YES
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2018 6:04:18 PM

I think a lot of people might not know what they
want, but they'll know it when they see it.

I know what I want.
But I've never seen it.

A multi-million dollar winning lottery ticket in my hand.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2018 7:22:15 PM
Maybe they know what they want, but they aren't telling you.
 Robert3750
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2018 7:25:38 PM
Seems to me that if a woman is indicating that she doesn't know what she wants, she's essentially saying "it's definitely not you".
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/8/2018 5:58:13 AM
how many times did you offer other subjects of conversation, so that she didn't have to talk about her ex unless she wanted to?

I used to know a lad who took every convo back to how stupid his roommate was. I finally asked him if there was anything good and decent going on in his life, and he said yes and went back to raving...this time about his abusive family.

some people are just Negative Nancy. When I bump into former coworkers, I don't want to go on and on about how great my life is, and in order to have convo, sometimes it turns into who's screwing up what at the workplace. Some people have a recent hurt. And some people just pick a subject to fill in a deafening silence.

that said, the part about how every partner has cheated on them? that's a red flag--they choose that partner for a reason. Generally, cheaters act out of disrespect. Some will claim to be driven to it by a partner who disrespects/ignores them. But to have that many cheaters...they are the constant in that formula.

in the end, the first date is to simply learn about the person. and you did.
 feirene
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2018 5:58:47 AM
I know what i want and it's 'i'm not really bothered about a relationship any more and have gotten way too picky but he has to be amazing and i don't want any BS with that or lies or fugly. Also coz i own several really great vibes so the casual sex isn't gonna work for me as you're can't compete'. It doesn't exist but i don't mind chatting to men to lead them on and let them talk sh1t to me until i get bored and move onto someone else who seems not as bad.

Also don't really care about my exes, some were ok, some were douches, one is in my life and i will casually talk about him sometimes coz he is a part of my life and if you can't handle that then idc and you need to grow up. People have issues coz of exes too and maybe need confirmation that you aren't an azzhole who is going to hurt them like they did, they wanna be intimate with you and so they will talk about their issues to you and if you don't like it then you're probably not ready for a relationship imo.
 hemingway234
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2018 7:35:22 AM
Sadly, a lot of people on these sites are single because they have problems and are undesirable.

But there are some good people and you only need one in the end.

In dating, especially on dating sites, you have a pull a lot of weeds to find a rose.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2018 7:36:58 AM

Sadly, a lot of people on these sites are single because they have problems and are undesirable.

But there are some good people and you only need one in the end.

In dating, especially on dating sites, you have a pull a lot of weeds to find a rose.

Yup... the roses get picked! I remember reading dating advice for men (surprisingly, since most such stuff is for women) which said when you find a great woman, go ahead and close the deal because you're not the only man who sees that she's a great catch.
 cindi_rella
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/9/2018 10:11:16 AM
Msg 10
+1
They know what they want alright

it's definitely not you
 whiterose0
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2018 12:22:00 PM

If you are going to date, then try and leave the baggage behind. Not cool when you start to talk about your ex and just rant all night about why you're not married with 4 kids and how every guy you met has cheated on you....

Wow.

It sounds as if this was their way of placing you squarely in the friend zone.

Better luck next time.
 wadeinwaves
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/9/2018 8:18:55 PM
"Someone who will pay for the dates is a starting point in what they're looking for."

I do need a man to pay for a $2 cup of coffee because I cannot afford one. Due to this I book five dates per week and get five free coffees per week.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2018 10:54:30 PM
^^^A man who offers to split buffalo wings in addition to getting me a beer, gets brownie points.
Posted: 5/10/2018 4:19:58 PM
It's so funny that when I was homeless once, and was messing around in here, I got more dates than any other time I was messing with pof. They even paid or split bills without question. And they weren't bad dates either. I think I should start putting in my profile that I'm homeless again. I thought maybe some of them was thinking of being a sugar mama, except that wasn't the case according to who some of them were and how things went.
 reverendswine
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/10/2018 5:48:15 PM

^^^A man who offers to split buffalo wings in addition to getting me a beer, gets brownie points.

What about pie points???
 siisaa
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2018 5:52:46 PM
Maybe they don't know what they do want but they know they don't want you - or best case scenario: they're ambivalent about whether they want you or not. If it's only the first date, how would either party know it's this practical stranger sitting across from them they TRULY want anyway?

That being said, talking about exes or drama on a first date is bad form. I'd definitely not want to see them a second time.
 dpwesu
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/11/2018 4:59:16 AM
while I didn't read the entire post........

I could say the very same thing about men........

They walk into a date with LOADS of "baby mama drama" - sometimes multiple "baby mamas" (I hate that term) - they don't know what they want - or just "not ready to date, much less entertain a relationship".

- My question is......if all these factors are all into play.....why did you waste my valuable time, and ask me for a date???????
 Cryptofabulous
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2018 6:39:18 AM

If it's only the first date, how would either party know it's this practical stranger sitting across from them they TRULY want anyway?

They met to see if there's any "chemistry" (or not) and THAT can only be felt in person.
At least the person wasn't written off because no "chemistry" was felt from the profile...

Women seem to like using the word "chemistry" when speaking of attraction a lot more than men...
 siisaa
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2018 11:00:26 AM
^ yeah, and yet you mentioned chemistry first. I don't care for trying to find instant chemistry with strangers. I've felt that on first dates and we aren't speaking anymore. It's a very, very small piece of the whole pie. I've felt instant chemistry with a guy but found out down the line that we were incompatible in other ways that prevented us from being a couple. So yeah, it's not all it's cracked up to be.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2018 11:51:14 PM
Some men sure have a hard time with rejection. I did have one guy say he doesn't like women mentioning exes. I felt he was intimidated to hear about them. While I didn't talk about mine, he talked (b!tched) about his. I don't mind hearing ex stories. People are fascinating. Ex stories can tell a lot about a person.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Women Don't Know What They Want