Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > To premium or not to premium      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Richxxxxxxx
Msg: 1
view profile
History
To premium or not to premiumPage 1 of 1    
Hi all

I created my first account at the weekend so I'm still trying to figure out pof, but so far it seems a good app. I got 15 "they said yes" users over the weekene who apparently want to meet me, but I cannot get access to them without paying for premium.

My question is... How many of you upgraded and is it worth it? £80 for the year seems a lot up front when I have no idea how good the app really is. Potentially all these girls could be fake profiles or actually not that interested? £20 for a one month payment also seems quite expensive, though I wouldn't mind either way if people actually respond to messages and are willing to meet...

Many thanks

Rich
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 2
To premium or not to premium
Posted: 5/9/2018 5:29:45 AM
Don't bother.............

Richxxxxxxx
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2018 6:03:29 AM
You don't think it's worth it?
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2018 6:49:37 AM
Hey there Rich..

For what its worth I`d save the money you were thinking of spending to upgrade and use it on some of the nice ladies that your sure to be going out on dates with..
 hey_suze
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2018 10:51:07 AM
Just ignor the “meet me”. They will slowly clock up, but most of us have not up graded, so just send out your messages and if the girl is interested, she will reply
Happy fishing 😊
 Richxxxxxxx
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2018 2:06:53 PM

Hey there Rich..

For what its worth I`d save the money you were thinking of spending to upgrade and use it on some of the nice ladies that your sure to be going out on dates with..

Thanks man appreciate it 👍
 Richxxxxxxx
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2018 2:09:31 PM

Just ignor the “meet me”. They will slowly clock up, but most of us have not up graded, so just send out your messages and if the girl is interested, she will reply 
Happy fishing 😊

Ok cool so I can just message any girl that I'm interested in? Is there any restrictions or limits?

Thank you
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2018 2:19:50 AM
There are two limits applicable to you, you can't email someone more than 14 years younger than yourself. The other is cut and paste messages, a dumb thing to do anyway, but after a few of exactly the same message to different members, the system will make you change the wording.

Each member can also specify the age range, distance etc they choose to accept messages from. You can see that at the bottom of their profile, worth checking as it might save you typing a long message that the system rejects.

Female Pof members are as bonkers as the blokes on here. I've no idea of percentages. Remember, no response is a response. if you send a message and you don't get a reply it could be because that person only checks in infrequently or it could be because they are not interested. Either way, don't fret it, move on.
 Richxxxxxxx
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2018 3:05:50 AM
Hi there, thanks for the info.

Regarding the age range, distance etc. I can't seem to find that info in other people's profiles? It does say at the bottom "upgrade to see extended profile"? Or is it different for the app?

Many thanks
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2018 4:30:18 AM
Down the bottom - last paragraph - Extended Profile then Mail Settings. It could be empty if they haven't completed it.
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2018 11:40:35 AM
Might not be worth much this but its actually been noted by many people on here that if members are using this site via a mobile or some type of other portable device then they are not able to access all the site and are stuck with the basics.

I use a desk top so can gain all area`s and I think its the same with a laptop, but lots of people have told me that they cannot even see the same things on the inbox page via a mobile device as I see on my desktop..

Back to topic...For what I do on here I deffo don't need to pay to upgrade...
 feirene
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2018 9:28:44 PM
I can see my matches and my ultra matches, is this because i'm female? I've not upgraded ever and don't even play that meet me game so idk where they even came from.
 mikeparkin2
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2018 7:25:59 PM
I always thought the idea of a dating site was to get you dates.
However, it doesn't pay them to get you a date as then you are no longer subscribing !

I have a friend who subscribed to a dating site and the only time he got a message was when the subscription was up.
Then when he re-subscribed he got no reply to his reply to the message !

I have sent out thousands of messages on pof and get very, very few replies.
I cant see how upgrading would help.
All that would happen is I pay to get no replies !

Dating sites aren't very optimistic about getting you a partner as some subscriptions are for a year !
I want a date now not in 12 months time.
Seems fine if you a serial dater or just clocking up sexual partners or just want to chat.
 Strider886
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2018 12:38:09 AM
The meet me thing, it tells you someone wants to meet you even if they said "maybe". Equally the same thing the other way around...... You know when you see someone and you think "they seem nice, but they're not my type", you hit "maybe" and it tells them you want to meet them.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2018 1:59:06 AM
Mike, a couple of things there.

Pof is not like other paid sites, it is totally inactive. Other sites are reactive and I am convinced at least some of the smaller white label sites create profiles simply to pull people in and then the profiles disappear.

If you've sent thousands of messages and are not getting any reaction can I suggest you think about that old saying? "If you keep doing the same old thing you'll get the same old reaction."

There's a forum especially for profile reviews - click on forums link above to have yours analysed.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > To premium or not to premium