Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > First date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GTR-King
Msg: 1
view profile
History
First date Page 1 of 1    
Please move if it's in the wrong place thanks :)

Ok so I have my first date in over a year yay (Hadn't really been looking only recently have I got back into online dating)... It's a beach/Arcaded date, (This Friday Evening) looser of Air Hockey buys the ice Creams., We booth decided it...

We met on another website (Bumble she spoke to me first) I think she looks pretty :)

She is the first person ever who is older than me to be Interested I am 28 She is 30... All the girls (including Ex Girlfriends) I have dated have been younger or same age as me.

We have been talking for just over a week, she seems really interesting, bit of banter good flowing convos and quite a few things in common (Not loads of messages few times a day at most).. I am trying to keep the messages interesting....

How should I play this? Wanna keep her interested.

Should I look smart casual on the date??

Any advice would be appreciated
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 2
view profile
History
First date
Posted: 5/13/2018 6:53:24 AM
Don't "play it" at all. Try to be yourself as much as possible.

Start by not getting too excited before you meet. Don't build her up in your mind. Remember, nothing is real until you meet.
 CBGB77
Msg: 3
view profile
History
First date
Posted: 5/13/2018 7:23:14 AM
You have to be cool like Fonzie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPPN_gkj_gk
 from site to sight
Msg: 4
First date
Posted: 5/13/2018 7:33:42 AM
"Please move if it's in the wrong place thanks :)"

Consider it done. I moved it 9 inches to the left.
 daynadaze
Msg: 5
view profile
History
First date
Posted: 5/13/2018 8:21:14 AM
I'm confused by her being 30 while you are 28...that is the same age. I am surprised that you find this worth bringing up.

Just go out, have fun, be yourself, and see how well you get along.
 cindi_rella
Msg: 6
First date
Posted: 5/13/2018 11:42:27 AM
Air hockey at an arcade and ice cream? Seems like a strange choice for a date if youre that concerned about the age difference. Really, a 2 year age difference isnt worth mentioning.
 CBGB77
Msg: 7
view profile
History
First date
Posted: 5/13/2018 12:01:45 PM
Don't trust anyone over 30
 GTR-King
Msg: 8
view profile
History
First date
Posted: 5/13/2018 3:21:51 PM
Update

Things are still going very well we are still messaging etc...

She still looking forward to the date so will see what happens :)
 BretIAm
Msg: 9
First date
Posted: 5/13/2018 4:13:24 PM
Like others have mentioned already, just relax, be yourself and have fun.

Don't try to "be" anything more than who you are. If you try to be someone you're not the real you will come out eventually.
Don't try to force anything and don't overthink the situation.
You'll know if you click, and if you do you do. If you don't you don't. Life goes on.

Good luck and enjoy!

Let us know how it goes.
 feirene
Msg: 10
view profile
History
First date
Posted: 5/14/2018 4:08:34 AM
Good luck. 2 years isn't much of an age difference really.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 11
view profile
History
First date
Posted: 5/14/2018 4:19:30 AM
Don't dress up too much. I would wear something rather nice. Don't want to get sand from the beach into nice shoes/socks/cuffs. Don't want to be choked by a tie when you need freedom of movement during air hockey. Most of the girls I've met through Bumble dress unimpressively on our first meet/date. At least two wore really frumpy, unappealing outfits. This is despite Bumble profile pics typically being fancier than the ones on POF, Tinder, or OKC. In addition to looking dull, their personalities were duller in person after being promising in texts and on the phone.

Don't send too many texts. Maybe a "good morning, looking forward to Friday" to show the date is still on. Ideally you've already exchanged phone numbers and your communication is through texting, away from the site. She obviously is capable of initiating messages, so you could wait for her to message you if you can't think of anything interesting to say.

She might be more likely to stay interested if you remain somewhat a mystery.

Makes sense to me the OP mentions her age, if every girl he's dated in the past was younger and she's the first who isn't.

Enjoy the evening, but don't get your hopes up about seeing her again even if you have a good time. I believe LTR is more likely if the girl is younger than the guy. Also, Bumble has the worst rate of going on a second date for me (feel free to disregard my suggestions if you interpret that as me not being good at handling Bumble girls). I'm significantly more likely to see a girl more than once if we met through POF, OKC, real life, or even the supposed hookup site Tinder.
 GTR-King
Msg: 12
view profile
History
First date
Posted: 5/14/2018 1:17:44 PM
Thanks will see how the date goes and have fun....

If it goes well and there is 2nd date then great if not at least I tired...

Not gonna expect anything and get my hopes up... but we will see what happens
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 13
view profile
History
First date
Posted: 5/14/2018 5:30:37 PM

Don't trust anyone over 30

Run, Logan !
 acrosstheplains
Msg: 14
First date
Posted: 5/15/2018 1:32:28 PM
I've dated women up to 8 years older than me, no problems. It was the woman 12 years younger than me who caused me grief
 GTR-King
Msg: 15
view profile
History
First date
Posted: 5/16/2018 9:08:21 AM
Thanks guys...

Date is still on for Friday not message much today as both been busy 😊
 hemingway234
Msg: 16
view profile
History
First date
Posted: 5/16/2018 9:46:54 AM
Shut up.

You have the date already, so stop talking. The more you talk, the more chance you have of saying something to screw it all up! If she's wondering what's going on, she is getting more interested. Women don't think about guys they don't like.

I would suggest pants or jeans, but nice dress shoes! It's all about da shoes, ask women! You can bring a sport jacket if it's cold (sweater or long sleeve shirt is fine too).

Don't fall in love yet - within minutes of meeting, her or you might not like the other - it happens a lot.

On the date, keep the conversation light and playful, stay away from heavy subjects, such as sex, politics, and religion.

Be a gentleman - pull out her chair, open doors, order her drinks and food, don't touch her unless she touches you first. In fact, see if she touches you and how many times......it can be an indicator of interest.

If you are not sure if she likes you, kiss her at the end of the date, and score the kiss. If she turns her head and you get the dreaded hairball, you two will be just friends forever.

If you know she likes you you can wait for another date or two.......by that time she'll be going out of her mind! Playing hard to get works good.
 GTR-King
Msg: 17
view profile
History
First date
Posted: 5/16/2018 11:04:48 AM
Thanks for the advice mate

Will let her reply to my last message....If hear nothing will send a simple message on Friday saying,

See you later 7.30 outside pier main entrance 😊 xx

Will see what she is like on the date. Gonna buy her ice cream even if I win at air hockey (Will probably loose)

Gonna keep the talk light/funny & interesting will see what happens
 hemingway234
Msg: 18
view profile
History
First date
Posted: 5/16/2018 12:40:14 PM
Excellent. However, you can negotiate the time, anytime now (I'm assuming she knows the place). I'm thinking a day or two before the date would be optimum. It's not a very solid date if you don't have a time.

Once you have everything set, you can just wait to talk on the date.

Sounds very good! Good luck and let us know how the date goes! Perhaps she will be the one!
 GTR-King
Msg: 19
view profile
History
First date
Posted: 5/16/2018 1:53:13 PM
We are meeting at 7.30pm agreed that ages ago...

So will what happens on Friday :)
 NewYorker58
Msg: 20
view profile
History
First date
Posted: 5/16/2018 7:17:44 PM
You're going to an arcade, so it's a casual date. Wear what makes you feel comfortable, just make sure it's wrinkle-free, no holes or stains and that you overall look neat and well groomed. Don't worry, it sounds like it will be a fun date and I'm sure you'll do great! Buying her the ice cream anyway will be a nice touch.

If all goes well, maybe the next competition could involve a kissπŸ’‹ Maybe circle back to that game again later in the date. You win, she gives you a kiss, she wins, you give her a kiss. It's a win-win situation if you feel you're getting good vibes to try it. Nothing like a sweet soft innocent kiss to leave her wanting more.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > First date