Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > How soon do you expect to meet in person?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cernunnoswastaken
Msg: 1
view profile
History
How soon do you expect to meet in person?Page 1 of 1    
Do you expect to meet up as soon as possible after making contact with someone or do you want to wait a while?
If so, how long do you want to talk before you consider it reasonable to meet up?
I believe that there is no time like the present and, since you're (hopefully) going to meet up anyway in the near future, you may as well meet up now rather than later to see if you get along.
 Inicia
Msg: 2
How soon do you expect to meet in person?
Posted: 5/20/2018 8:49:50 PM
I get you urgency and many women i know who online date are of same mindset- those who have had a few bad first dates will want to know more- before a meet-every contact and situation will have to be individually considered- no one rule fits all- if the connections are right hopefully you will know when it is time to pursue meeting-i spend a bit of time prior to a first date-also it is like pulling teeth to get any real communication-so often can't even say i would like to meet someone-you can do immediate phone calls to avoid first meet faux pas- my experience seems to indicate all courtship was done prior to the date so we should be ready to hope in sack on meet which is not my desire or intention-so like i said evaluate-evaluate-consider-decide-adjust on you actions if you create a plan of action that seems futile change it up
 siisaa
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/20/2018 9:13:16 PM
Within a few days. Extenuating circumstances notwithstanding, maybe a week but not longer than that. I'll lose interest in an internet stranger very fast.
 LucilleDixon
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/21/2018 4:41:08 AM
Whenever I feel comfortable. If they get bored and lose interest, oh well-no big deal to me. I'm a single parent and I'm not going to be paying money and making arrangements to meet every guy that wants to meet me and it's not very often that I'm interested enough in them to want to meet them right away....or ever. Plus I'm very forward in my profile about being a mom and many either disregard that or are too lazy to read it. If they can't respect the fact that I'm a parent first then I will not deal with them and their foolishness.
 daynadaze
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 8:13:48 AM
Not for a long time, I don't care to meet most people, ever. I don't want to date at this point in my life, but if I did I wouldn't I want to meet soon, if we can't get along online for some time, meeting wouldn't be important.
 Inicia
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/21/2018 8:40:46 AM
People do specify sometimes on profiles-pen pals chat partners etc-if your interest are there it is good to specify such-early on if not in profile- many really enjoy mental stimulation via electronic communication- others want it all-or somewhere n between
 hemingway234
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/21/2018 12:07:04 PM
ask for their number the second day you exchange messages.........call them and set up a date......... if you can't meet them within a week or two, it's probably not going to be a match.
 blackbeauty744
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 4:13:17 PM
I need to meet them within one week.
 cindi_rella
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/21/2018 8:02:57 PM
One week seems reasonable. Two at the very most if they are busy with work/school/family stuff. Any more than that, they are just stringing you along for attention.
 BretIAm
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/22/2018 9:38:24 AM
No more than a week, and usually within a few days.

Too easy to lose interest if you don't keep things moving forward.
 Cernunnoswastaken
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2018 9:59:28 AM
Thank you all for your time and patience answering my original post; it is much appreciated.
 Tech30
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2018 3:54:15 PM
I try to get the number and move to texting, then to talking over the phone. Then to meeting all within a week.

Though it doesn't always work that way. My current GF i got her number right away but i stopped talking to her for 2 weeks because I was talking to another woman. I ended up not liking her and remembered my current GF, and messaged her again.....we chatted a bit, and set up a date for the weekend.
I didn't feel too much spark chatting with her and almost cancelled.

Good Thing I didn't as when I met her in person I immediately liked her and we clicked big time.
 Inicia
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/24/2018 2:00:43 PM
^ you are very blessed she graced you with her essence after your behavior-so yes be glad such a generous forgiving woman with fabulous personal/private energy is in your life...
 Tech30
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2018 8:02:13 AM
Well I was honestly tired of dating because of meeting women I wasnt interested in. I'm glad I gave it one more go.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2018 9:56:46 AM
Some people's schedules don't allow for a date right now. A couple of days up to a week is what some people might expect for a proper date. You don't have to skeap every day and you don't have to text a lot of nonsense, in between, either.

Discuss this this with the person you're meeting and see if there's a mutually beneficial time you both can meet.
 feirene
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2018 2:07:07 PM
I'm not bothered. Only just arranged a date last week with a guy who i have been chatting to for 2 years (maybe longer).
I used to wait a few weeks to get a feel of the guy though usually, or a couple of months, depended how busy i was and he was. Mostly the long wait is to try and weigh up if he's already in a relationship.
 ssm508
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2018 8:45:16 PM
My general timetable is within 2 weeks. Sometimes it can take longer because 1 person is on vacation / business trip . Or 2 people have conflicting schedules. They don't have mutual free time. Or 1 person is going through a busy stretch in their life with school, work, family and other commitments.

The key is whether that person gives me a general time period of when they would be available. If they do, I might wait more than 2 weeks. Otherwise if they keep just saying "I'm busy" when I try to make plans without any type of counter suggestion, I will move on.
 sun_water
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/4/2018 7:12:16 AM
I guess some people are strict about this. I would not always be able to go out with a man within a few days or sometimes within a week. I can be busy with work and networking / community events that I attend. 2 weeks would be more reasonable in my opinion.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2018 9:06:33 PM
It depends how long it takes to check them out to make sure they are who they say they are, and to get to know them, so about 2 weeks.
 whiterose0
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/6/2018 1:59:19 PM
Within a week. After that, my interest level would start to wane. I'm too old to waste my time on indecisive men.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/8/2018 6:59:07 PM
I agree totally with posters # 3, 7-8-9-10, 12, 15 and LOVE what whiteroseO, wrote.

I'm too old to waste my time on indecisive men.

Amen...…...and pass the peas!
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > How soon do you expect to meet in person?