Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > "...only accepts messages from certain users..."      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Xanderharris86
Msg: 1
view profile
History
"...only accepts messages from certain users..."Page 1 of 1    
I would love a feature that tells you that the message you are writing is going to fail before you waste your time writing it. This has happened so frequently now. It makes sense that a user can block others from messaging them that they don't want, but before I spend my time writing them a message, shouldn't I know that it isn't going to go through? If this setting is somewhere that I'm missing, I think it should be moved. Perhaps when you start to type in the message window?
 Aloof_Loofah
Msg: 2
...only accepts messages from certain users...
Posted: 5/26/2018 10:31:40 PM
Usually when you receive the "only accepts messages from certain users" message it's because you fall outside of the +/-14 years of age rule set by PoF.

Other restrictions that the users set on their profiles are indicated at the bottom of their profile.

In particular, because of your age, see message 16 in the below linked thread:

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16028207.aspx
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2018 3:29:15 AM
Are you trying to contact a teenager? If so, you're shite out of luck.
 cindi_rella
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/27/2018 5:44:28 AM
18-21 yr olds can only be contacted by members 30 and under. At least that used to be the rule. She may also have other filters on her profile that you cant see. 1st messages should only be a few sentences, not paragraphs and prolly wont take that much time to write.
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2018 1:55:59 PM
Reading their entire profile may help answer that question.
Nine times out of ten it has to do with age.
 Graphical
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2018 5:16:23 PM
This has literally happened to me with a three year age difference...
 ridingwolf52
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/14/2018 10:25:16 AM
ok ive got one for you im a full upgraded gold member , for a while now iv received messages the count being 6 so far that persons wont to meet me, emails sent by pof ,other words they sent the first message ,plus there with in my age range of no more than 3 to 2 years different some the same age, 5 were from the same city as me, the thing is when I check there profiles I get the message user only accepts messages from certain users, now at the bottom of there profiles it does say what restrictions they put on it, well I meet that in every way yet I still get that message, somethings wrong and its not me or them ,so it has to be pof
 ridingwolf52
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/14/2018 11:11:56 AM
heres another one, when I get that stupid message it also says go to my match's I do, and I send a hello to someone there and I either meet meet there restrictions or some have no res,at all I get they same message, witch happens a lot, not only that but I also go to the will respond section I get it there also
 Never_Get_Lost
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2018 5:56:49 PM
I've had the same problem while apparently meeting their listed criteria. Try increasing your income level to $150,00+. Women have some features on the profile not available to men.
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2018 1:52:52 PM
Ok guys, the Meet Me feature is a farce. You don't have to say Yes to have the other person receive that notification that the user wants to meet you. Some users think they're being kind not rejecting you and say Maybe. This causes lots of frustration. Do yourself a favor and ignore the Meet Me and the resulting users that want to meet you notifications. It's less frustrating that way.

Good luck.
 NotElvisJunior
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2019 8:02:00 PM

Usually when you receive the "only accepts messages from certain users" message it's because you fall outside of the +/-14 years of age rule set by PoF.

I realize I'm necro-ing a thread, here, but I can't be the only one who thinks this rule is stupid, can I?

I mean, there is that whole Mail Settings thing for anyone who wants a specific age range. If you don't set it, that's on you, isn't it? I guess an argument can be made for the arbitrary +/- 14 if they simply didn't set it, but, frankly, I think that's the user's responsibility.

It's also rather frustrating if a woman's mail settings explicitly say that they accept messages and I fall in the range I set, but it's still outside of the +/- 14, and I get the obnoxiously vague "only accepts messages from certain users."
 eric2112c
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2019 12:37:15 AM
Point is, it could freaking tell us before we type out a well-though-out message that took a while to get articulated the way we want. They could disable the message box when applicable.
 Natey2
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2019 6:16:26 AM
I have women who look like they are in their 20s contacting me all the time on POF. They list an age of 40+.
 distinctive
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2019 4:17:03 PM
sometimes after spending a great deal of time writing a profile, i get THIS USER ONLY ACCEPTS MESSAGES FROM UPGRADED USERS.. there is no way to know this from her profile... and she herself doesn't have to upgraded to insist that we must be..
 distinctive
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2019 4:19:38 PM
there are other reasons.. if you fall out of any of her settings (distance, gender, etc) but the one that gets me is 'this user only accepts messages from upgraded users.. and there is no way to kn
ow that from her profile before wasting your time composing a message first..
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > "...only accepts messages from certain users..."