Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Can I reuse my username?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 zalgud
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Can I reuse my username?Page 1 of 1    
Just wondering if I close my account and open a new one, can I use the same username, or will I have to choose a new one. I would like to reuse my current username, if possible.
 feirene
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Can I reuse my username?
Posted: 5/30/2018 1:11:13 PM
You couldn't when i made this account, i doubt that's changed.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 3
Can I reuse my username?
Posted: 5/30/2018 5:26:11 PM
Yes, you can reuse a user name an unlimited number of times.

Just look at how many times KJ recreated a profile with the exact same name. Or look at the full of himself Mr_J_Cash posting history. He comes in, stirs up trouble, deletes his profile (or gets deleted by user reports), creates a new Mr_J_Cash same day and lays in wait to come out of the woodwork a few months or years later to attack someone (usually Frank). He makes his noise again and deletes his profile. When he comes back, his creation date is the same as his previous Mr_J_Cash profiles last posting date. He has had at least 6 or 7 profiles with the exact same used name Mr_J_Cash. I just checked and he has a current profile under that name even though his last Mr_J_Cash profile was deleted. He has also stolen some of Franks user names when Frank was deleted.

So yes, you can reuse a user name. The two exceptions I can think of would be if: (A)Someone else quickly swooped in and created a profile with that name between the time you closed your account and tried to create a new profile. (B)Or if your profile was banned by the site administration along with a block on your user name. But that is a pretty rare occurrence.
 feirene
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Can I reuse my username?
Posted: 5/31/2018 9:39:51 AM
I think mine was B but i have no idea why.
 Llove2LaughToo
Msg: 5
Can I reuse my username?
Posted: 5/31/2018 1:42:21 PM

Yes, you can reuse a user name an unlimited number of times.

I have reused my user name several times.
 Mr_J_Cash
Msg: 6
Can I reuse my username?
Posted: 6/22/2018 10:39:07 AM
Aww, Lurker. It is touching to see that you still think of me!

I would still like to have your name. Any chance???
 ForumLurker
Msg: 7
Can I reuse my username?
Posted: 6/23/2018 7:12:52 AM
Cash, do us all a favor and crawl back in your hole and stay there.
 Mr_J_Cash
Msg: 8
Can I reuse my username?
Posted: 6/29/2018 4:41:29 AM
Lurker,
Can't keep a good man down!
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Can I reuse my username?