Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Does my profile read like a CV      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rich_gtr
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Does my profile read like a CV Page 1 of 1    
Not having any luck with pof and it must either be my pics, my profile reading to methodical or just crap, or a combination of the two.

https://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=180395873&api=1

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 BretIAm
Msg: 2
Hi
Posted: 5/30/2018 1:54:02 PM
Everything seems in order except for the blonde sitting next to you in one of your pictures. You can almost see her navel if you look closely.

I'm guessing women would prefer to see you alone (even if the woman pictured is a relative or co-worker).

Or are you aiming for a threesome and I missed it in your description?
 CBGB77
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Hi
Posted: 5/30/2018 2:18:27 PM
I would also remove the line that says "I have good manners and can treat a lady how she should be treated". That should be a given.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Hi
Posted: 5/30/2018 7:26:11 PM
I can't speak to whether the profile's words are helping or hurting because I didn't get past the pictures.

Frankly, I'm stumped why you would include a picture with a beautiful blonde, with her shirt open to her waist, and her hand on your arm (a possessive gesture)? Why would you think that is a good picture on a dating profile where you're trying to attract a woman who isn't that one? That's not being mean or sarcastic; it's asking a basic question that should lead you engage in a bit of reflection about what you put into your profile (or leave out of your profile) and why.

Remove the pic in bed. So many women already think men are only looking for sex; no reason to play into that stereotype.

Remove the pic of you not smiling; it's not attractive and you already have a couple pics that are.

I like the pic in the suit. Try switching between that one as your main pic and your current main pic to see if you get a different response.
 feirene
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Does my profile read like a CV
Posted: 5/31/2018 9:34:16 AM
Ok, you have the obligatory miserable face (pic 3) and shot of you in bed (pic 5) that all who need profile advice tend to have and are advised to get rid of. Kudos for wearing a suit in bed though, that is not usual, and suit pics are recommended. You have a nice smile and i don't get why you'd shove a miserable face in with it?

I'm not arsed about the woman with her tits out next to you even if she is attractive, it won't make you more attractive but it does show that you don't seem to care about this and likely don't disrespect women for flaunting themselves so could be a bonus. Anyone prudish is likely to be put off though, some may even think they are out of your league because of that pic and so ignore you, some may be offended coz they think you are using her to look more attractive. Maybe shove a header on it to explain who she is? No names need to be mentioned, just 'me and my sister/associate doing whatever'.

Idk, online dating takes a while. Your profile seems ok and has enough for anyone to know if they're compatible with you and to start a conversation if they wish to.
 Forums_only
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/1/2018 3:37:16 PM
It's not your pics or profile. It's because you're still legally married. That usually puts a damper on someone looking for a long-term romantic partner. Of course, don't lie and change it, just be aware. You could also add a note in your profile indicating very simply, "Separated since (summer 2017 or whatever), the final paperwork is underway." No elaboration is needed, but if someone gets past the 'separated' tag, and they are NOT looking for a 'casual encounter', they're going to want to see you're serious about moving on.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2018 4:42:21 PM
I guess the divorce came through quickly?
 Forums_only
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/4/2018 9:07:42 PM
LOL! Wow, the UK has some pretty amazing legal system that you can go from separated to divorced in 3 days. Congratulations! Now all you have to do is convince your viewer that lie was the only lie you're telling. Good luck with that.

If by some cosmic coincidence you actually truly just got the final papers in, good for you. You can appreciate how much this reaks, I'm sure.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Does my profile read like a CV