Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > The Boron supremacy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dragonbytes
Msg: 1
view profile
History
The Boron supremacyPage 1 of 1    
You might be interested in reading NIH report “Nothing boring about Boron”.

Since 3/1/2018 I have added 6-9 mg of boron and I have seen several surprising results.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4712861/

FROM NIH:
“Boron supplementation can affect biological half-life and bioavailability of E2 and vitamin D. significantly improves magnesium absorption and deposition in bone and can result in a 20% decrease in the plasma concentration of TNF-α, and in decreases (approximately 50%) in plasma concentration of hs-CRP and of IL-6, from 1.55 to 0.87 pg/mL.”

Boron supplement: What I have seen from blood tests that were only a few months apart.:

HS-C-reactive protein dropped from 3.39 pg/mL> 2.01 pg/mL
free testosterone rose from 5.5 pg/dl > 7.5 ng/dl
estradiol doubled from 11.1
PSA dropped from 2.8 pg/mL> 2.4 pg/mL

Magnesium must have increased, but I didn’t test RBC magnesium, Vitamin D levels, or get a good read on thyroid levels to see if they changed. So I don't know if blood test levels changed.

However, concerning magnesium.

Physiologically I have noticed one big change.

Taking magnesium has always helped me with random muscle cramps, but despite this I always got a muscle cramp in my abdominals from doing a couple of reps of 50 abdominal crunches, which would happen as soon as I would stand up. Now after the boron, this has gone away, I tested this by doing crunches on multiple days and have not had a single muscle cramp. Boron has earned a permanent part of supplement regime.

Boron is a very cheap supplement and has many positive and measurable effects in your body. I take a lot of supplements, but Boron along with magnesium have had the most positive effects, and I am convinced that Boron is working very well for me.

Just thought I would get a shout out about Boron.
The Boron supremacy
Posted: 6/9/2018 6:03:10 AM
First, MG is an amazing supplement when taken in the right doses for you.

Calming for the nerves, tension, and migraine headaches, lowers blood pressure, can ease constipation( citrate form), leg cramps & shoulder tightness. Love it.
Unless you take MG, you are probably deficient in it.

As far as your CRP levels, you could just be eating less inflammatory foods before your blood test.
My CRP runs about.5 unless I eat crap a few days before a blood test.

LOL at your subject title
 dragonbytes
Msg: 3
view profile
History
The Boron supremacy
Posted: 6/9/2018 9:21:12 AM
PP, thanks, I thought the title was cute, but it seems the health forum is pretty dead.

I had no idea CRP could react so quickly to changes in your diet. But I didn’t change my diet, and the NIH stated boron would likely cut crp by a large percentage, so IMO boron is responsible for this change.

That said, I think any future progress on CRP will require a change in diet, so I will be on a quest to lose 25 lbs. Bring me down from 168 to 143, at 5.4 I could lose even more, but 25lbs is a reasonable goal.

Nothing Boring About Boron (NIH)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4712861/

You should read the link to boron and NIH, you will see it has wide ranging effects on MG, Vitamin D, hormones, calcium, inflammatory effects that can help alleviate arthritis and improve brain function.

Speaking about MG, I have long been converted to a true believer in magnesium. Boron helps your body to absorb more MG, as you know it isn’t easy to absorb.

I take plenty of MG already and have NO doubt boron has increased my absorption of MG into my cells based on my work out routine.

http://www.livingwithatrialfibrillation.com/2731/exa-test-rbc-magnesium-test-results-2017/

The above URL is an interesting read on MG from someone with AFIB. Those with AFIB have a life threatening reason to monitor MG, they often use a test call EXA Test which he compares to the RBC magnesium test. Interesting, but an EXA test is too expensive for me to buy for casual use. Another interesting thing, it took him 3 years to get his magnesium up to an appropriate level, and he takes something called REMAG, which looks like $60 a month. Way more than I need, but an interesting read.

WEIGHT: On my quest to lose weight, I recently got back on testosterone injections, which I need for assorted reasons, not the least of which is my very low estradiol. Testos will raise both total T, free T and estradiol. This will help immensely.

And am considering taking Cytomel (Liothyronine Sodium) to boost my thyroid T3 levels. My T3 is not clinically bad but not optimal at 2.7 pg/mL (2.0-4.4 range). I would like my T3 more at 3.7 ng/mL. I have upped my iodine / selenium supplements, and my ferritin / iron levels are fine where they are. Maybe the iodine/selenium will do it, but if it doesn’t I will go for something like Cytomel. I will do another cheap test of FT4/FT3 to see what is going on before taking Cytomel.

Nice to see you looking fit and in good health, ciao.
The Boron supremacy
Posted: 6/13/2018 3:34:29 AM
Reading these so-called olive oil and avocado oil based products ( dressings/mayo) still are full of soybean oil which is inflammatory.

Look forward to reading the link you provided.

I take Peter Gillhams natural vitality calm.About $23 a month. Fast absorbing MG.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 5
view profile
History
The Boron supremacy
Posted: 6/13/2018 11:58:19 AM

the health forum is pretty dead. [/quoteI'm not surprised.

Even healthy people have to die at some point.
 acrosstheplains
Msg: 6
The Boron supremacy
Posted: 6/18/2018 3:15:33 PM
So, anyone supplementing their Choline intake?
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > The Boron supremacy