Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Did I totally screw this up?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Janey2theBaney
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Did I totally screw this up?Page 1 of 1    
I met a man a few weeks ago. We saw each other a total of 4 times. It was an instant connection the minute we started texting and it all progressed very natural. He told me on the first date he really wants go get married and have kids. I loved hearing that because I am on the same page too at this point in my life. Between the dates it was non stop texting, and talking on the phone and he even came by my work to bring me headache medication when I told him I had a headache which i thought was super sweet.

Long story short, and I know it hasn’t been a lot of dates, but I felt extremely intense positive feelings towards him - on our last date (we actually spend the whole day together) he tells me he needs to tell me something. I was very alarmed, but didn’t realize he would tell me there is a huge chance he is moving to Arizona and that he is being flown out there for his last fade to face interview this Friday. I was kind of at loss for words because I feel very much he should have mentioned that on the first date so I don’t expect anything serious (I cannot do long distance). So Sunday we still left off on a good note, I told him good night and thanks for a wonderful day and text me tomorrow.

This is where I feel I really messed up. He did text me in the morning, and then afternoon and then evening to make sure I am ok, and I somehow completely shut down and couldn’t think straaight and didn’t know what to say so I didn’t respond. I wasn’t trying to ignore him, but essentially that’s what happened. I have a lot going on with preparing for exams for work (he knows about that) plus I honestly kept thinking how attached I am becoming to this man, and how it will hurt me so much if he does move and frankly I was scared.

I texted him this morning apologizing for being MIA and telling him I didn’t have a clear head yesterday, and now he isn’t responding and I guess is giving me a taste of my own medicine? Or maybe he disappeared? What should I do? Did I really mess this one up?

Thanks for advice in advance :)
 MsMicki
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Did I totally screw this up?
Posted: 6/5/2018 3:50:44 PM
well we aren't mind readers....so we don't know what he is thinking!!

but I do know you need to take a step back if you don't want to be in a long distance relationship...and you need to be honest with him about that.
Posted: 6/5/2018 5:00:59 PM
I think you should give him a call instead of texting. It's easier to have a regular conversation that way. Not good to discuss important things through text.

Good luck!
 BretIAm
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/5/2018 6:21:32 PM
Don't over think your situation. Be patient. There are other possibilities for why he didn't reply yet. Find something to occupy your time in between waiting for texts and phone calls.
 cindi_rella
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2018 2:39:48 PM
He could be making up a story to see if you would jump into bed with him. Kind of like the guys that claim to be going away on vacation or business trips and will be away for a few weeks right after you meet them. 4 dates is not a relationship. Dont get so attached.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Did I totally screw this up?