Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > why do do many women have "body type = thin"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 winfieldbrian
Msg: 1
view profile
History
why do do many women have "body type = thin"Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
when in reality they should put "average"? Or, since this is Texas, they really mean "a few extra pounds"? They demand honesty in the men they look for but don't offer it themselves. I have no problem with chubby women but say so up front - it won't scare me off.
 cindi_rella
Msg: 2
view profile
History
why do do many women have body type = thin
Posted: 6/8/2018 10:01:58 AM
You are also 'a few extra pounds' since you have a double chin and a bit of a beer belly in your pics.
 CBGB77
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 10:41:54 AM
All the women I have dated that listed their body type as "thin" were slender.
 feirene
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 10:46:51 AM
I dated a guy, didn't even look at his body type tbh as he had pics, but one time i noticed he had athletic as his body type but i'd met him and he had a pot belly. Like athletic is someone with abs, as well as muscle definition.
I didn't care as i wasn't looking for a particular body type anyway, just he didn't know what athletic meant, i guess most people don't know what stuff means. Not sure what i have as mine but it should be big butt, slender legs and small boobs combo.
 BretIAm
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/8/2018 12:53:54 PM
Both sides are guilty of misleading people about their appearances.

Life goes on.
 PollyR107
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 3:42:01 PM
I agree, OP. I always prefer honesty. However, these people probably see themselves as what they want to be, not what they really are. I think my body type is average but I've seen women who are bigger than me put "Average body type" as well. So I don't know what is average anymore.

In the Far East, a woman of my body shape and height is considered big. But I'm a size 10 in the UK or 6 in the U.S. Which is on the small side of the spectrum. I think standard varies from one place to another.

The most annoying thing about online dating is that some people tell outright fibs, hoping that they'll win you over with their other qualities that you'll forgive them for telling fibs in the first place. Err, no, it's actually one of the big red flags. And these people will moan if they potential dates lie...Go figure that.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 4:00:34 PM
If you haven't figured it out yet, that double chin is a dead giveaway to seeing more than you'd like to.
 feirene
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 4:53:50 PM
One time i spoke to a guy on skype, he wasn't a perv so i was happy to, but wouldn't put the cam on. I could tell he was obese from his breathing.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 6:50:10 PM

Not sure what i have as mine but it should be big butt, slender legs and small boobs combo.

Sounds like something you can order at McDonald's.
 feirene
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 7:37:30 PM

Sounds like something you can order at McDonald's.

Is that why you said you have the money in the other topic? I am not a 99p meal deal. Or 99c if you're in the US.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 7:45:35 PM
No, it's just the order in which I read the threads. This one was first. My first thought was

Not sure what i have as mine but it should be big butt, slender legs and small boobs combo.

Why are you describing me?
 feirene
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 7:51:36 PM
I'm just messing.
Not been to Mcdonalds for years and have no idea what they even sell any more.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 7:54:05 PM
They sell the same things they sold in 1965 and it tastes that old
 feirene
Msg: 14
view profile
History
why do do many women have body type = mcdonalds combo meal?
Posted: 6/8/2018 7:57:32 PM
Ew. I used to love taking my kids there, then we didn't go for about a year and had enough money for a healthy diet. One time i decided to treat them to a McDonalds and it did taste rubbish the food, nothing had flavour except the sauce and there was way too much. My kids never even asked to go again it was that bad.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 8:43:27 PM
Only thing I buy there are milkshakes and fries
Posted: 6/8/2018 9:04:59 PM
I had a conversation about this with one of my female friends. Athletic was one of the examples that I used. She asked how I would describe her. I think of her as being average to very slightly overweight. She reminded me she can easily run 10 miles, does very well in volleyball and has been know to carry heavy camera equipment all day. She doesn't fit the mold for what many people consider athletic but she kind of is. She'd have to carry me for 9.75 miles of that 10 mile run.

I find a lot of body types to be optimistic though. Thin = average most of the time. A lot of people who say they are average are kind of overweight. But... I guess that's kind of average now. I'd say we could tell by their pictures but a lot of people use pics that are old.
 feirene
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 9:56:33 PM
The milkshakes are nice actually, forgot about those. The ice cream/mcflurry was good as well now i think about it. The coffee, again ew.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2018 4:19:14 AM
As a stockholder, I object to to your review.

( I agree with you, by the way. The best thing you can buy from them, is their stock. It fattens my wallet nicely)
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2018 4:25:06 AM
You're a few extra -- not average. Just my honest two cents' worth.
 spot4username
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2018 4:45:39 AM
i·ro·ny1
ˈīrənē/Submit
noun

***the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
"“Don't go overboard with the gratitude,” he rejoined with heavy irony"
synonyms: sarcasm, causticity, cynicism, mockery, satire, sardonicism
"that note of irony in her voice"

***a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result.
plural noun: ironies
"the irony is that I thought he could help me"
synonyms: paradox, incongruity, incongruousness
"the irony of the situation"

***a literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which the full significance of a character's words or actions are clear to the audience or reader although unknown to the character.
noun: dramatic irony
 ssm508
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2018 10:53:38 AM
When I used a different OLD website, some women would label themselves as "a few extra pounds" or "curvy" when they were significantly overweight or obese based on their pictures. The more important point is women and men should have relatively recent and accurate pictures of themselves. Not pictures that were taken 10 years ago and/or when they were 50 pounds lighter.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2018 5:24:12 PM
Date IRL & the problem is solved.

If you cannot do that, then do not complain about chubby chicks obfuscating!
 feirene
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2018 5:43:03 PM

As a stockholder, I object to to your review.

( I agree with you, by the way. The best thing you can buy from them, is their stock. It fattens my wallet nicely)

McDonalds? I'm not going there again, sorry.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2018 11:21:17 AM
I'll find women who are as overweight as OP putting average -- but I will say I don't find that many putting Thin when they're on the borderline of average & a few extra pounds. There tends to be less subjective leeway on that one. But then again, I'm not in Texas.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2018 8:33:00 AM
Everyone has their own definition of what each body type means. Not saying that one person's "thin" is another person's "obese" but one person's "average" is another person's "a few extra pounds" or "thin". So it isn't necessarily lying if you have a different interpretation than the person put on their profile.

Of course some people do lie when they purposefully select a body type that doesn't match their own interpretation.

But OP is a typical worthless rant. There's nothing to be gained by whining people don't behave the way you want them to; take responsibility for yourself. The obvious solution is to look at the pic and decide if that person is attractive to you or not, regardless of what they selected for body type. No pic? There's always the [next] button.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > why do do many women have "body type = thin"