Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > review and opinions please      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 2fuzy
Msg: 1
view profile
History
review and opinions please Page 1 of 1    
just looking for some feedback and as POF keeps telling me this is to short the rest is pointless filler or I could go on about asking what changes I could make that would stem the tide of drunken cat ladies etc
 feirene
Msg: 2
view profile
History
review and opinions please
Posted: 6/14/2018 3:18:23 PM
You might be the first guy i've seen who has filled in both compatibility tests.

Your profile is actually pretty good. It's well written and full of info, also a little amusing in places with a good variety of pics.
I'd like to clarify i am not a crazy cat lady. Dunno why you're struggling.
 2fuzy
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2018 8:35:24 PM
Struggling isn't the word it more question of what fish the bait has attracted
and it may be something else but a few opinions are can always be helpful
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2018 8:40:05 PM
Pretty good profile. Your photos could be better. Don't do group photos. Your first 2 shots are too far away. Your 4th shot is too close up.
Women get crazy drunken guys messaging them too. Hang in there. Do your own search and write to women who appear to be real.
 Forums_only
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/15/2018 11:31:31 AM
If I were looking you would maybe come up in a search, but these areas would give me pause:

2fuzy wants to date but nothing serious.

This gives the impression you're looking for something 'casual'. You know what I mean. I wouldn't waste my time reading a profile if I were looking for a relationship. Are you contacting women with 'nothing serious' or 'relationship'?

Profession - chronically unemployed? Hard to imagine planning a future with someone if there's no (implied) stability. Yeah, we do that.

Email settings - 35-60. You'd date a grown-ass woman and/or her daughter? As I'm at the upper end of your very broad range I wouldn't bother contacting you on this factor alone knowing you may be looking over my (very soft alabaster) shoulder for something younger and perkier. Good thing I don't have a daughter. Why not simply remove these incoming settings and filter any messages on their own merit? The site prevents people from contacting someone beyond 14 years of their own age anyway because it's icky. Don't be that guy, remove the settings until such time as you're overwhelmed with incoming propositions from the wrinklies.

Other than those 3 things - a great read. Thank you.
 2fuzy
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2018 1:37:54 PM
Chronically unemployed not sure how you get that as that is far from the case lol
What I do for a living just doesn't fit neatly in a blurb and if I tried it would lead to misconceptions I don't want
Perhaps I should remove them as I didn't think I had any messaging restrictions as Im happy to chat with anyone but that would be the same as my search criteria ....so thanks for pointing that out and I will correct that
It is also the same as what I'm looking for I find there to be no good options as if I meet the right gal long-term would be wonderful but that said that gal would really need to have some special qualifications and so I'm not planning on such but that doesn't mean that I cannot find value in other relationships ........Honestly I find the idea that anyone sets out looking to get married on here kind of creepy as I do with most of the criteria that is available to choose from.

Thank you for the reply as that was what I am looking for was other folks perceptions I'm not sure how to tweak it but now at least I have an idea of what to tweak
 2fuzy
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2018 1:52:52 PM
[Your photos could be better. Don't do group photos. Your first 2 shots are too far away. Your 4th shot is too close up.]

the first to are because one of the things we hate as guys is shots that do not show the whole you so to speak and while I also tend to despise group shots this one I is targeted to a specific niche as well as the other thing is there is a lot of misleading by guys and gals on this site and one of the things I have heard complaints on is that POF height tends to be greatly exaggerated and so I thought it was kind of a truth in advertising thing
the last one is I might not know much but I know to thank my mother for my blue eyes and it was just to show them off but I do think that maybe some others are in order and I shall definitely consider some revamps

thank ya all for your time
 Forums_only
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/15/2018 3:01:27 PM

.Honestly I find the idea that anyone sets out looking to get married on here kind of creepy

I wasn't specifically looking to get married when I joined, either. I had it set as 'looking for a relationship'. It just so happens I met someone who wanted to ultimately be married and > fast forward > 9 years later we're still happy.

"Wearer of many hats" reads as as unable to keep a single job, short term contractor, working from cheque-to-cheque. In what very general field do you usual work? Construction? Consulting? Trades? Supervisor? International spy? c'mon, you can do it.
 2fuzy
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2018 7:01:01 PM
well unwilling to have a single job would apply lol as I don't do jobs as most folks think of them lol

Logistics would be the general field (my little corner is highly specialized) but now I'm working on being semi-retired but as I said it is tough to fit in a blurb and I want to avoid gold diggers as they would be disappointed but I'm far from a bum.

The nature of my business is up and down and I'm done trying to conquer the world and don't need nor want million dollar years anymore my best year was 1.6 and it was the loneliest time in my life as you could never know why someone was being your friend or why a gal was flirting with ya and my type A workaholic life style has a lot to do with why I'm back on POF and I have changed much because of that result an epiphany if you will that being "The Man" is not all its cracked up to be and if it was easy to find these forums I wouldn't have even said this.
I also could see trying to explain this could be seen as whining about something that most would consider good fortune and I am not its just I figured out that he who dies with the most toys is still dead and I would much rather get a smile out of a gal because I made her laugh then the fact that she has a silly handbag to show off

I'm going for a nice simple life and want to find someone who is good with that and I guess that is why I wanted this review as it isn't about finding a woman as that isn't all that hard it is about finding the right kind of women as that may not even be possible and I wanted to know how the bait on the hook was being perceived .
I also hate the fact that some categories such as income require me to answer were you gals have a prefer not to say option
I will have to give due consideration to the advice given and make some changes
Hope that made some semblance of sense and thanks again
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2018 8:36:16 PM
Your first two photos do not do you justice at all. They are the same, one with a hat. Both of them have your face in half shadow.

Try doing a search on your smart phone thru pof for your profile, and compare that tiny photo you see on your profile to other profiles. Your main photo should be a head and shoulders shot, smiling.

The full body shot and hat can be in your secondary shots. You want to show your body? How about well fitting jeans and a tshirt?

Find something else to stand next to for proving your height. Group shots are not a good idea in any case, yours is not an attractive one.

Lastly, I don't see any blue in your eyes in the last shot. Really, no blue in evidence. I opened up Photoshop, the color picker found no blue. Yes, blue eyes are attractive, and should be shown off, but this is not an attractive photo, and it shows your eyes as brown.

But if you think your photos are fine, what can I say, go ahead and stick with em.
 2fuzy
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2018 6:50:29 AM
naw I wasnt thinking they were fine just explaining why I used them
they are however a trick to not do a selfie in a bathroom lol
 NewYorker58
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2018 1:35:18 AM
You sound like you work randomly. That's not attractive. Fix that first or settle for who you can get.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > review and opinions please