Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Antigen Or Essence?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DDSearle
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Antigen Or Essence?Page 1 of 1    
As the hayfever season draws to its end, I'm left wondering at whether it's the pollens that affect me or, something like their nature. And that stems from my experience of suffering some this year – no matter how much antihistamine I consumed systemically or, cortisone in nasal spray. But today, when the hayfever appeared to have won this battle, my head swiftly cleared: and, has done so in a way that I know from experience marks the end of the season. Apart from that, it occurs to me, year-after-year, that the cause of it may not be the inhalation of pollen but its nearby presence. In other words, it may have an influence-at-a-distance. Has anyone else experienced such?
 Only1Inicia
Msg: 2
Antigen Or Essence?
Posted: 6/27/2018 4:08:46 PM
if pollen is nearby it is in your nasal passage-it does not have established boundaries- i am not very affected by pollen but many are and this season has been prolific in pollen production. sympathize with those who suffer the symptoms..
 DDSearle
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Antigen Or Essence?
Posted: 6/27/2018 4:22:42 PM
My nostrils and sinuses are more like nasal dams than passages when pollen is on the air, for it acts as though it doesn't have to be in it. for example, when I make to render myself hermetically-sealed in my seaside apartment, it makes little or no difference to my hayfever symptoms
Another thing. There seems to have been plenty of pollen about in many parts of the world; and I wonder at whether that's because the plants that produce it are somehow conscious that their days are numbered. It's as though they sense a bleak future. And they are conscious, aren't they?
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Antigen Or Essence?
Posted: 6/27/2018 5:37:24 PM
I'm no medical expert, just another sufferer who has experimented and read a bit. So I have some suggestions for you to consider.

* The pollen you can see, is too large to trigger our reactions. It's the stuff that's too small for us to see, that gets to us. And so, when you react to it while it appears to only be nearby, it may well be that you are actually going through an invisible cloud of it.

* I've found that there's a certain amount of a sort of domino affect involved with allergic reactions. That is, my bad reaction to one kind of pollen, can sort of make me more susceptible to another that I usually don't react to. Not sure why that is.

* Lots of us have Pavlovian allergic reactions. Or there's a sort of advance allergic reaction, because we know from experience that we are GOING to suffer, our allergic reactions can kick in before the pollen actually reaches us. Sort of a psychological reaction at a distance, I suppose.

* I've had plenty of occasions where I came inside, away from the sources of pollen, and was affected by it anyway. But it often proved true, that I was still reacting to real pollen, just not pollen floating in the air from outside. Instead, I or others brought it into my environment on their clothes and skin. One thing that can help, which I do during the worst times, is to carry and use some kind of face wipes, to clean invisible pollen off my face and neck and hands. Wiping down or changing clothes can be necessary to avoid getting a dose that way.

* another source of the same kind of reaction, is fungus. That can grow indoors or out, and so we might be reacting to that, and think we are reacting to tree pollen (my main detriment).
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Antigen Or Essence?
Posted: 8/21/2018 10:52:25 AM
It may be based on other triggers like temperature change, humidity change, fungus/molds or dust.

Shower fog makes me sneeze bad and cold temperatures make my nose run. Sudden shifts in temperature also trigger sneezing for me and allergies. Also too much cats
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Antigen Or Essence?